More, more & yet more skincare

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Have just read each of the posts on this Thread, and there hasn't been one mention made of the packaging and marketing costs that take up roughly two thirds of the cost of these beauty products. Add on the actual profit that these companies make, and that leaves the cost of the ingredients and manufacturing the 'stuff' itself - is roughly tuppence a bucketful !!!

We are not paying £58 for some anti ageing serum in an attractive metallic pump - more like the cost of the 'stuff' itself is probably less than a couple of quid !

I have tried collagen marine cream, and yes, its beautiful, BUT reality kicks in, and I wonder where is the justification of charging £100- £120 for a shallow scoop in an attractive pot, wrapped in a pretty felt bag which is tucked inside an equally attractive square box ???

The reason there are soooo many beauty products on offer from Lulu to Judith Williams, Decleor to Elemis, and other 'cheaper' brands i.e Linda Lusardi to Elizabeth Grant........... there are MASSIVE profits to be made.

The thing is they take into account the research used on a product and pass that to the customer, the advertising done etc.

Look at the Boots No7 wonder range, at first it was reasonably priced then it went up and up and up and up. Because of the publicity and hype more people bought it.

Have to say never ever paid full price for Collagen Marine Cream, you can get 30mls on ebay for around £23 including shipping.

I love when SpaceNK have an event, next day the super size samples from the goodie bag are on ebay. Some of the prices asked are really stupid, others not bad. People always tried to get as much as they can for products, beauty whatever.

Latest posts

Back