More, more & yet more skincare

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used to work for Boots and had lots of freebies, especially from the Soap & Glory range. I used to love their products! I stopped using them when I decided to go (as much as I could) cruelty free (sorry, not raking it up again!) and unconsciously boycotted Boots in favour of Superdrug. I do currently still use the foot cream, which is amazing! I may look them up again. I only really need bubble baths as I have my skin care sorted and have body moisturisers and shower products coming out of my ears thanks to tsv's!

Any recommendations for bubble bath that actually bubbles and is not too harsh on dry skin?

I have tried lots from the DHS over the years then got the QVC bug and tried and Locci, Elemis and make up from Mally and LG. just recently I tried SBC for the first time when I got the TSV.
Must say I love the collegen gel on my face and neck. Used on the face just before foundation, it has replaced spackle and every other primer I have, I just lightly dust B&B on top and a light blush and I am ready to go.......my make up has been lasting all day.
The propolis is great too

I went back to DHS last year and got some gorgeous stuff, I ran out of the cleanser and grabbed a Formula one from M&S for £3. I love it, very light, I use the exfoliating cleanser in the shower each morning and the liquid cleanser with cotton pads on a night.

My skin was crap when I was on all my medication but has quickly got back under control and is not better than it was before. Damn I shouldn't have said that should I?

I refuse now to beleive my eyelids will slip down to my arse or my wrinkles will join around the back of my head without the on air, miraculous product of the moment.
If something is a TSV and I do really want to try it like the SBC, if I can't afford it when it's not a TSV then Jill, Alison, or whoever can shout as much as she wants but sorry Q......you ain't gonna tempt me

Gatineau have the tsv today but they are on air so infrequently these days that I wondered if they were being phased out. There are so many beauty brands on qvc that the old stalwarts of gatineau decleor and liz must be feeling the draft. Allowing for some new customers there is probably still more or less the same pot of money being spent on beauty. The scheduling must be tricky. Can't even remember when emma hardy and sarah chapman were last on. As for who should be using what, the expert advice seems to be that if you have skin and don't want to get wrinkly then whatever is on air now will be perfect.

Funny, I think Gatineau and Elemis have the most skincare TSVs on QVC each year.

Emma Hardie not sure has she had 2???? But perhaps she cannot supply the stock levels for a TSV??? Sarah Chapman has only had one TSV and she is not on a lot. Wonder sometimes is it QVC not wanting to take a chance on a brand getting a TSV or the company themselves saying no???? Emma Hardie is not in Debenhams so wider availability to the public. Both she and Sarah Chapman have always been in SpaceNK for a few years now.

Yes tbh I agree with Donna, to me it feels like we're always seeing Gatineau, Elemis, Decleor and Liz Earle, they must have a minimum of 4 TSVs each a year.

Business is business, supply and demand.

I think Lulu's Time Bomb (with which she actually appears to have no connection!!!!!) has the most TSVs of all the skincare brands at the moment. They seem to be every month to six weeks to me!!

Followed by Mally on the makeup front.

Yes, the old guard still get the tsv's because they are proven big sellers but even then I think Gatineau may not have quite as many as before. But in general those brands seem to have fewer shows. My point is simply that there is so much competition for the beauty market at qvc these days that the old brands must be losing some sales as people are tempted to try something else. And if the something else turns out to be as effective and cheaper than what you were using before then so much the better. If not, then it's back to old faithful.

What I really don't understand is how brands like Perricone survive at qvc. Can they possibly deliver a transformation to the skin that justifies the price tag? If not, then why don't people send it back?

Donna, Emma Hardy products are sold in our Debenhams, they appeared a few months ago.
They are in a corner of the store that you hardly see people browsing in.
They are alongside Korres, Tromborg, Organic Pharmacy, Balance Me, Loccy etc.
The main brands at front of store are doing a roaring trade as per usual. The niche brands, not so much.
It occurred to me that if you don't watch Qvc, or have a nearby Space NK, would you actually know anything about these brands, or even heard of them?
Not including Loccy of course, everyone must know that.

Donna, Emma Hardy products are sold in our Debenhams, they appeared a few months ago.
They are in a corner of the store that you hardly see people browsing in.
They are alongside Korres, Tromborg, Organic Pharmacy, Balance Me, Loccy etc.
The main brands at front of store are doing a roaring trade as per usual. The niche brands, not so much.
It occurred to me that if you don't watch Qvc, or have a nearby Space NK, would you actually know anything about these brands, or even heard of them?
Not including Loccy of course, everyone must know that.

Sorry it was now and not I mean. Its not in my local Debenhams though.

I remember reading a biography of Estee Lauder, they demand the big counters at the front of every store they are in, so that is Clinique, Bobbi Brown, MAC and EL. Then the other big spenders Chanel, LVMH(Dior,Guerlain), L'Oreal(YSl Lancome). They pay the most for the rental space so get the prime spots. You don't pay for it you are put on a few shelves at the back of the beauty hall. Where most people don't bother going.

Yes, the old guard still get the tsv's because they are proven big sellers but even then I think Gatineau may not have quite as many as before. But in general those brands seem to have fewer shows. My point is simply that there is so much competition for the beauty market at qvc these days that the old brands must be losing some sales as people are tempted to try something else. And if the something else turns out to be as effective and cheaper than what you were using before then so much the better. If not, then it's back to old faithful.

What I really don't understand is how brands like Perricone survive at qvc. Can they possibly deliver a transformation to the skin that justifies the price tag? If not, then why don't people send it back?

I will say most of it is hype with Perricone(oh and I have recently seen kits in my local TKMaxx. Yes the Plasma stuff), blind them with science and which celebs use. Of course the I swear I see results in the mirror, the old chestnut used by many brands. I want to see real scientific tests not just some woman looking in the mirror and swearing she looks so much better.

I'm very sceptical about most high cost brands ,but as to why people don't return things ,I have come to the conclusion that Q depend on this. I am sure they make a lot of profit on the quantities they sell which people hang on to despite not getting the results stated.Ive done this myself with a time bomb TSV which is useless ,I still haven't worked out what the complexion cocktail is supposed to be doing. !

I ordered a Liz Earle set of C&P,IBST & the new Superskin moisturiser which included a free roller ball oil, with free P&P, arrived in 2 days & they included a complementary full size Shampoo.Q is useful if you do really want to try something & perhaps return ( possibly costing in the region of £8 in P&P) otherwise if it is something you are stocking up on, look around.I use the LE website even though I could easily go into JL & buy 'off the shelf

I'm very sceptical about most high cost brands ,but as to why people don't return things ,I have come to the conclusion that Q depend on this. I am sure they make a lot of profit on the quantities they sell which people hang on to despite not getting the results stated.Ive done this myself with a time bomb TSV which is useless ,I still haven't worked out what the complexion cocktail is supposed to be doing. !
I felt the same about a time bomb tsv. The day cream was like nappy rash cream but I really like the cleanser with its abrasive granules. Also the complexion cocktail is like a light serum which my skin appreciates. Haven't tried the eye cream yet.

alison youngs skin around the eyes is looking paticularly creased tonight. also andre bagley has very lined skin. its obvious that skincare wont stop major ageing

Oh my girls I am so happy someone started this thread. For a long time now, I love my skincare and cosmetics as we all do, but I don't think I can take much more of this always pushing stuff at us, I don't know about you, but a lot of these ranges I've never heard of, but come across in reading online American sites.

I don't think half of them do what is promised, but we are helping their developers CEOs live the millionaire lifestyle.

I don't want to sound like a lecturer now, but recently I've come to know that what I thought was ethical and good companies, not only sell to China, but also test on animals - which I am so opposed to. Last week I went through my cupboards and threw in the bin all of my beloved ranges because I had been using stuff tested on animals which is just so wrong, it made me sick to my stomach when I discovered some of my fav brands do this.

Now I'm on the look out for non- animal tested cosmetics, and it's not easy.

Nothing will stop natural aging, simple. You tend to find those that use the Botox develop very wrinkly eyes(something has to move. Look at Kylie, her face was like a wax mask but she seemed to have very wrinkly eyes), think AY's problem it too heavy concealer to hide her very dark under eye circles. Plus the famous shimmer overload high on the cheekbones draws the viewers eyes straight up to that area.

The reason most of the celebs or women with money have chemical peels and face fillers and the face lifts, is that is what works. Of course you don't actually look younger, but smooth flawless and you had something do. I remember the documentary some years back the one where everyone jump on the Boots lift stuff. The experts said clearly a good spf on the face from a young age will help stop the environmental aging.

I only use sunscreen when it is a sunny day and when I know I will be out in it for longer than just a 20 minute walk. I never sunbathe and apart from a liking for V necked tops I often wear long sleeves and have my legs covered in jeans or leggings or a long skirt (cropped trousers in summer with a crisp white shirt, lol). I am over 40 now and don't have any noticeable wrinkles.

I don't think it is just the sun that causes ageing eiither, those "free radicals" or whatever they are called is almost like the skins version of going rusty! So I make sure I drink lots of tea to zap those little bug**rs.

Cleansing is the most important skincare step, whatever works for you. I like a hot cloth or balm cleanser and the cloth exfoliates my skin when removing the cleanser.And any old moisturiser will do as long as it is rich enough (but not too rich) for what your skin needs.

And good genes help, plus drinking enough water so you aren't dehydrated like a prune!

I have just sold loads of unwanted stuff on ebay- just "bits" of QVC sets that were never going to be used. I have used the remaining items in the sets though so not a waste of money. But I was surprised at how much c*ap there actually was, ok got a fair bit of money back but what a faff having to wrap it all and queue in the post office!

What remains will all get used. Every last drop. And because I have done this process I have not been tempted to buy more for a while now. I bought the Mally TSV and replaced old blushers with new ones. I can't see that I will need another skincare or bath product set for over 9-12 months now. But I know I won't have willpower with the Mally Christmas TSV so no point in trying-so that can be my treat! :)

genetics is a major contribution to ageing. wearing make-up also protects the skin. quality spf is a good item to use when in the sun. i love the ultra sun face. beautiful texture. my old tube of alpha h is good but not as good, i have used most quality brands and none have been that great barring alpha-h. reading facebook shows how pathetic some of the elemis users are. buying huge amounts of skincare and piling it on and still asking how to add more stuff.

if you are going to crease save your skincare money for surgery

Latest posts

Back