Just how many new treatments can Gatineau bring out??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
Why is it that Gatineau keep bringing out lots of different products, usually serums/treatments, on a regular basis, far too regular really. They all promise to transform your skin but I'm not falling for it any more. The amount of times I've bought the TSV because it had yet another different serum/oil or whatever that promises to make your skin amazing, each one seems to be Andrew's favourite product EVER and they've made no difference to my skin. Yet another one appeared on my Facebook news feed today, can't remember what it was now but it was a night treatment yet again and part of the next TSV. That'll be a no from me then.

Why is it that Gatineau keep bringing out lots of different products, usually serums/treatments, on a regular basis, far too regular really. They all promise to transform your skin but I'm not falling for it any more. The amount of times I've bought the TSV because it had yet another different serum/oil or whatever that promises to make your skin amazing, each one seems to be Andrew's favourite product EVER and they've made no difference to my skin. Yet another one appeared on my Facebook news feed today, can't remember what it was now but it was a night treatment yet again and part of the next TSV. That'll be a no from me then.
Getting to be a joke

A lot of the brands seem to be bringing different things out with new fragrances like Liz Earle and Elemis as two examples. I don’t buy any of the “high end” products but often read reviews where regular purchasers of the brands don’t like the new product or fragrance as much as the old version. Maybe they should stick to what they used to do and stop messing with the formulations. To be honest, whatever formulations are used, I have yet to see any “before and after” photos that look any different which is why I don’t bother buying them.

Gatineau seemed to be the first to start changing ranges and product a number of years back. They had a range called Laser which I liked, and suddenly it was discontinued very quickly not just dropped from QVC. I see quite a lot of Gatineau in TKMaxx pots of moisturizer going for £12.99 some £9.99. But every TSV they seem to have a new moisturizer or serum.

The big puff about how melatogenine was so wonderful they didn't need to change it... that's gone too.
It is an acknowledgement, I feel, that people are not loyal to the products they've always used, and are now looking more often to change and get better results.
That suits Q fine, as they don't really care about brand loyalty unless it's to themselves, it seems to me...and even then, they are confident enough that another unsuspecting new customer can be drawn in my one product or another so they don't care to reward customer loyalty to Q in any meaningful way compared to some retailers out there.

CC I agree, the PCMC and Matrix are the only ones that 'do it' for me too.

Other than that I reckon all the gunk, unguents, oils and serums are just 4 products that are watered down or thickened up depending on what name and which colour packaging the marketing department want to publicise it as. The regularity with which these companies 'launch' yet another new product is a bit too unrealistic. It generally takes years to bring a new one to market, having done all the research, testing, costing, licenses, health certificates etc etc etc, so unless these 'new' ones began life 20 years ago then I wouldn't hold any store by them.

CC I agree, the PCMC and Matrix are the only ones that 'do it' for me too.

Other than that I reckon all the gunk, unguents, oils and serums are just 4 products that are watered down or thickened up depending on what name and which colour packaging the marketing department want to publicise it as. The regularity with which these companies 'launch' yet another new product is a bit too unrealistic. It generally takes years to bring a new one to market, having done all the research, testing, costing, licenses, health certificates etc etc etc, so unless these 'new' ones began life 20 years ago then I wouldn't hold any store by them.
The L;Occitane one is very good.

Funny you mention that Suki, as it IS the one brand I have been tempted to try for the skincare.
L'occitane Devine is a good product. Your skin looks lit from within: a glow. Its very expensive to buy singly direct from L'Occitane but Qvc do some great deals.Hopefully they will do a Devine TSV knocks spots off Elemis as Elemis is far too confusing with hundreds of different products it seems.None of them doing much imo

A Reviewer on the website said it smells awful, - so what is the smell of Divine like ? I wouldn't mind giving it go.

A Reviewer on the website said it smells awful, - so what is the smell of Divine like ? I wouldn't mind giving it go.
Its a lovely herby slightly floral smell. I have been using the 50ml pot since I bought it earlier this year as a TSV it lasts a long time. I found it dried out my skin a little because the flowers in it are a type of retinol. But its ok use it with the oil if yo have drier skin. There is a kit with a large size cream and the oil.

Gatineau seemed to be the first to start changing ranges and product a number of years back. They had a range called Laser which I liked, and suddenly it was discontinued very quickly not just dropped from QVC. I see quite a lot of Gatineau in TKMaxx pots of moisturizer going for £12.99 some £9.99. But every TSV they seem to have a new moisturizer or serum.
I loved the Laser range. It is the product that has made the most difference ever to my skin and I’ve been using beauty products for almost 40 years (made me feel very old typing that 😂).

I got a small pot of Divine free, and it was a lovely cream did not annoy my sensitive skin but back then it was £80 a pot. I notice now on QVC it is about £30 cheaper. The texture made me think LE Superskin.

Smell wise when I tried it did have a distinct smell, sort of herbal. Well that is what is smelt like to be.
Who remember people saying Superskin smelt like fish?

I got a small pot of Divine free, and it was a lovely cream did not annoy my sensitive skin but back then it was £80 a pot. I notice now on QVC it is about £30 cheaper. The texture made me think LE Superskin.

Smell wise when I tried it did have a distinct smell, sort of herbal. Well that is what is smelt like to be.
Who remember people saying Superskin smelt like fish?
I think the unscented did a bit. But the Neroli is nice. I love both these moisturisers my favourites. The best feeling for richness and slip is the Superskin but the Devine is nice in a different way.

Latest posts

Back