Most trusted beauty aids

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Busymum, yes, it was Roaccutane, your grey cells are in good working order. Another treatment which may be better for men is a skin peel. Years ago a friend was injected but it left scars. Seems that we all between us know enough to open a consultancy!!!!!!!
Springflower.

The trouble with whatever skincare routine you follow is you can't possibly know if some other moisturiser or nothing at all would have served you better in the long term. If you change and the new moisturiser is better or worse in the here and now then you can make a choice but how do you know in your 50s say what the skincare you used in your 20s had on how good, bad or indifferent you've aged??

I genuinely believe in using something rather than nothing and making sure you don't get sunburnt. I'm knocking on the door of 50 ... lucky me ... and I'm happy with my relatively line free face.

I started to get acne in my 20s (vulgaris) and had all manner of long term antibiotics and dianette which I still take now in my ahem middle to late 30s. I also had retin a gel which does help by drying out the skin but I used it so much that I had what were effectively bleeding open burns on the tops of my arms as I was so desperate to get rid of the spots as I had them face, neck chest, back and the tops of my arms.

I was offered roaccutane a very intense treatment but was too scared to take it so carried on with other treatments, my acne is still there but kept under control by the dianette and now yipee I have mild rosacea too, I've really struggled to find something to help that and I have loads of skin reactions, lumps, bumps, blisters spots etc, I was given yet more anti biotics from the GP for rosacea and something called I think metro gel which I didn't find really helped.

I've tried so many different skincare brands and find that very few help and many make the problems worse. I am a natural skincare fan though but my eyebrow plucking incidents and sore areas saviour is lucas's papaw ointment, it takes down redness in the skin amazingly well, I bought the non-petroleum based paw paw salve but the beeswax in it etc make my skin worse so as much as it pains me to say it the petroleum version of this is much better probably becasue as OP said the petroleum is completely inert.

I use it at night as its not practical for the day but it really helps to soothe and heal - amazing stuff and cheap too.

My sister uses simple face wash and ponds hydro nourishing cream, she is 40 and has lovely skin (she does however say having my niece helped sort out a lot of her hormonal skin issues too).

If the survey was done by a PR agency they work arse about face. What results do we want? OK what questions do we ask to best get those results? Ooo we have a survey.

I thought surveys are all done in a pub?
eg questions and answers at the same time :blush:

Busymum, yes, it was Roaccutane, your grey cells are in good working order. Another treatment which may be better for men is a skin peel. Years ago a friend was injected but it left scars. Seems that we all between us know enough to open a consultancy!!!!!!!
Springflower.

Vibramycin, that's what it was! Remembered as soon as I'd left here and got settled in front of the telly. My DD has Dianette, she's had peels and she had laser treatment - expense which I'm sorry to say didn't really do a lot for her - it's much more under control now I'm happy to say but it made her life a misery from the age of 13 until way into her 20s.

A while ago he had cream from the doctor. At it's worst he didn't even want to go out. It's not as bad as that now but it's bad enough. He's very self conscious about it.
It's Sooo annoying when you find something you like then they either discontinue it or change the formula. :flower: :flower: :flower:

It's enough to make anyone self-conscious, I can sympathise fully with that...I never had anything like cream or gel, just the Vibramycin as mentioned to Springflower, but I was on it for ages, just about keeping it under control, but at one stage I got really worried as my nose felt really hard and bumpy and I'd read that in extreme cases it could actually change shape..and it was quite purply too...now purple is one of my favourite colours but NOT on noses! Good luck to your OH anyway me dear, hope he gets sorted...

Latest posts

Back