Most trusted beauty aids

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just started to use Aldi's Lacura Hydro-urea hand cream, Have found it works better than certain expensive french brands Qvc sell xx

Snap! I found some a while ago and loved it, but then it seemed to disappear - however, found it in new packaging last week so stocked up - also foot cream - they do quite a nice range now don't they with body butter, shower wash etc - can recommend! Hand cream £1.99 btw...

Unlike myself, Donna 255. I was covered by acne-vulgaris and rosacaea!!!!!!! I tried everything to rid myself of it, to no avail!!! I ended up using Miners leg make-up!!!!! which came in one shade-ORANGE!!!-I must have been the forrunner of todays celebrity/Essex Girl/footballers' wife look, but orange beats red, hands down!!! Today, I feel blessed by the advent of BE which covers the offending area with the buff of a brush.
Best wishes from Springflower.

Unlike myself, Donna 255. I was covered by acne-vulgaris and rosacaea!!!!!!! I tried everything to rid myself of it, to no avail!!! I ended up using Miners leg make-up!!!!! which came in one shade-ORANGE!!!-I must have been the forrunner of todays celebrity/Essex Girl/footballers' wife look, but orange beats red, hands down!!! Today, I feel blessed by the advent of BE which covers the offending area with the buff of a brush.

as a fellow rosacea sufferer who has ended up with broken capillaries around the schnoz, how on earth do you get BE to cover your redness..I sure as hell can't!:envy:

Hello Busymum, I use the vitamin primer first. No moisturiser. Then I buff with Bisque on the very red areas with the small brush designed to give maximum coverage. I then use my chosen BE colour - I change according to the time of year,using any of the three colours which work for me, sometimes mixing them - applying with the large kabuki brush small amounts with a firm hand. I build up the coverage as necessary and it now takes less time than liquid make-ups used to because there are no worries about demarkation lines. I can truly say that my skin has never looked better. BE stays in place all day, the only thing I retouch is lippy and joy of joys, I don't look or feel made-up and I've even had the magic word "FLAWLESS" used about how my skin looks. All that and a busspass, too. What more can a girl ask for!!!!!?

Yes but now I do have roseaca!!!!:doh:

I've just started to use Aldi's Lacura Hydro-urea hand cream, Have found it works better than certain expensive french brands Qvc sell xx

Urea as in urine? Why don't you just pee on your hands instead, you might have the same effect! OK, I know that's asking for trouble..... sorry!! Was meant as a joke! :tongue:

I loved Swedish Formula eye shadows in the pink packaging. To this day, I have never found colours quite like it. Also used to wear Pacific Prawn lipstick - anyone remember the brand?

Can anyone offer any advice on what can help someone with rosacea. It's for my O H so I don't mean make up wise. Just wondered if any of you had found something that has helped you.
Many Thanks in advance :flower: :flower: :flower:

Urea as in urine? Why don't you just pee on your hands instead, you might have the same effect! OK, I know that's asking for trouble..... sorry!! Was meant as a joke! :tongue:

well don't they say it's good to drink your own urine?? I'd sure as heck sooner pee on my hands!!!!

I think some people have looked at the pictures and not read the article properly. DM are useless and have used the wrong pond's picture. The article talked about Pond's moisturiser not the cream cleanser. I've used Pond's moisturiser off and on for years now - my Grandmother used it and both of us have lovely skin. Most people think I'm years younger than I am. I used Lidl cleansers for years - cheap and cheerful...when you're on a budget you can't afford to be a skin snob. I have sensitive skin too so I have to be careful. I'd rather use plain water than smear all sorts of masks, toners and gawd knows what on it...I had more spots when I did occasionally fall for the hype.

I've also got vaseline - an aloe vera one which is lovely for lips. I'd rather use that than something with "urea" in its title, who on earth thought of that I wonder...
I certainly wouldn't want pee pee on my face either :blush:

Your skin is probably more affected by your environment than anything you stick on it. If all these expensive skin creams were worth the money you pay for them, AY, JF and co would look a darn sight better than they do :grin:

As for hand cream - anything glycerin based seems to work wonders. I've used an Avon one for years and also Astral cream is nice.

gatineau obviously does not work look at poor andrew bagleys skin ....nice chap though!:wonder:

Can anyone offer any advice on what can help someone with rosacea. It's for my O H so I don't mean make up wise. Just wondered if any of you had found something that has helped you.
Many Thanks in advance :flower: :flower: :flower:

perhaps it's even worse for a bloke as at least we can cover up (or try to) - I find my Gosh foundation pretty good but wouldn't you know they're discontinuing it - the manager at my local Superdrug sent someone into the attic and I bagged the last two bottles in my shade - the new range is thinner and therefore not such good coverage. Anyway notwithstanding the aforementioned (can be clever when I want!) my doc had me on antibiotics for yonks and it cleared the rosacea, but I am left with the broken veins - I can't remember what the heck it was that I was on, but maybe your OH has been down that road anyway...I'd be interested too if anyone has advice...

Something along the lines of Oxytetracycline if I remember correctly. Sadly, it did little for me.

Well when I run out of my sooper dooper prestige goo I find that Wrights coal Tar soap does the biz!

Was also offered something extremely toxic requiring frequent liver function tests and immediate termination should a pregnancy occur whilst I was taking it. I declined the offer.
Springflower

Was also offered something extremely toxic requiring frequent liver function tests and immediate termination should a pregnancy occur whilst I was taking it. I declined the offer.
Springflower

was that Roaccutane? My DD had two lots of that, her acne was so bad poor lass...it did help but she's left with scarring

Something along the lines of Oxytetracycline if I remember correctly. Sadly, it did little for me.

no it wasn't that Spring, buggered if I can remember what it was called - well you know at my age the old brain cells are falling off at an alarming rate...! :sweat:

perhaps it's even worse for a bloke as at least we can cover up (or try to) - I find my Gosh foundation pretty good but wouldn't you know they're discontinuing it - the manager at my local Superdrug sent someone into the attic and I bagged the last two bottles in my shade - the new range is thinner and therefore not such good coverage. Anyway notwithstanding the aforementioned (can be clever when I want!) my doc had me on antibiotics for yonks and it cleared the rosacea, but I am left with the broken veins - I can't remember what the heck it was that I was on, but maybe your OH has been down that road anyway...I'd be interested too if anyone has advice...

A while ago he had cream from the doctor. At it's worst he didn't even want to go out. It's not as bad as that now but it's bad enough. He's very self conscious about it.
It's Sooo annoying when you find something you like then they either discontinue it or change the formula. :flower: :flower: :flower:

Latest posts

Back