My favourite guests

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like Carla Lazslo, Ralph from Honora and Steven from Yankee Candles. The Easiyo woman comes across as genuine too.

Last edited:
I like Carla, and clearly she's popular with QVC and/or the brands who employ her to front their lines. I wonder whether they'll ever offer her a role as a presenter, I always thought she was good on Ideal World. I don't really dislike any presenters, all I ask is for someone to speak with intelligence, not rely too heavily on cliches and buzz words and ask the sort of questions I'd ask. Oh and wait for the answer ofcourse.

My favourite guest by far is Rosa the Yankee Candle guest.
I think Carla Laszlo is over-exposed now, but she's fairly pleasant (and she does need to expand her list of stock phrases).
Simon Brown the Cook's Essentials presenter is good - he's got a sense of humour.
I quite like Michelle D'Ercole the Carole Hochman guest - she's not aggressive and shouty, and again has a sense of humour.
A also like Michelle Doherty and Tom Ogden from Alpha-H (probably the only tolerable beauty guests).

Dominic from Aurora, Ralph Honore, Nicki Birkenstock, are the few I will watch despite the presenter.

Others I can watch if the guest/presenter combination is tolerable.

I just can't watch Coral from LoL at any price.

I don't actually buy any of the jewellery, but I do enjoy many of the shows - when the presenter they are teamed with makes a good combination.
Suarti is very quirky. I also like Dominique from Taxco. Dominic from Aurora is easy on the eyes and ears. Alison O'Reilly is interesting and knowledgable. Ralph is also interesting - although I dread when he's on with Jill F as she seems to make him uncomfortable with some of the things she says. The thing these guests have in common is they are not renta-celebs with a range of QVC own brand jewellery.

The type of guest I don't like are do called "stylists" who have no connection to the brand at all.

People like the Clarks lady who has worked for them when Q was just a twinkle in U.S. daddy's eye are the type of guests we want, they know their stuff

Just watching the Bella Vita jewellery show. Like the guest (can't remember her name) she is knowledgeable and interesting and her and Dale are giving a very watchable show.

My favourite guest by far is Rosa the Yankee Candle guest.
I think Carla Laszlo is over-exposed now, but she's fairly pleasant (and she does need to expand her list of stock phrases).
Simon Brown the Cook's Essentials presenter is good - he's got a sense of humour.
I quite like Michelle D'Ercole the Carole Hochman guest - she's not aggressive and shouty, and again has a sense of humour.
A also like Michelle Doherty and Tom Ogden from Alpha-H (probably the only tolerable beauty guests).

I agree, Carla Laszlo seems genuinely friendly and warm but she has no credibility with myself as she brand ambassadors too many brands, too often for me to think she is anything but qvc's money saving angel.

I still love to watch Stacey (YBF) as I think she is fun.

JF from Kipling knows her stuff and seems to be a sweetie.

Most of all, I miss Lennie as he was my favourite guest ever - so much fun and so unpredictable. I loved him.

Carla - seems friendly, formative and fun!
Gill G - like her style and usually a fun presentation (although some of her stuff is pretty rubbish - e.g. these ornament things)
Alison O'Reilly - fairly laid back and really knows her jewellery very well!
Antthony - do enjoy watching him and can be hilarious if on with Debbie Flint - funny together!
Sarah JF - offers some good tips + advice on make up!

Laura Geller, Judith Williams and Terry the Josie Maran guest. Lovely ladies with lovely voices, very soothing to listen to. I also like the lady who does the amber shows, largely because I love her accent. Tova is quite entertaining too, with her odd phrases and calming demeanour. Oh, and Ginetta (hope that's the right spelling.) I like Veronese and have a few pieces, and she's another one with a lovely voice. Keeley talks a load of twaddle and doesn't seem terribly well informed, but I do enjoy listening to her despite that.
Ralph and Simon who does the kitchen stuff are the only male guests I can think of who I particularly care for.

The gorgeous Aurora guy with the deep brown velvet voice........... sod the product, he could tell me to put the bins out and make it the sexiest request in the world !!! Sigh !

The gorgeous Aurora guy with the deep brown velvet voice........... sod the product, he could tell me to put the bins out and make it the sexiest request in the world !!! Sigh !

I'm with you all the way - Dominic's biggest fault is he is too much of a gentleman to tell the likes of Sara G to put a sock in it!

Yes! Nicki from Birkenstocks, I love her. She once laughed and laughed at Kathy Tayler live on air for trying to sing a jingle and told her not to give up her day job. I loved that - so funny. Kathy didn't know what to make of it lol. George Clowes from De Jager is a charming man - wouldn't mind a glass of vintage brandy over the alliums with him. Also Patrick from Quacker - he's just quacktabulous hah!

CC

If only they'd realise that shouting at the viewers and interrupting the guest actually turns you off buying anything (not that I've bought anything from Q for yonks, as most of it is cheaper elsewhere). Fact is that I will always automatically assume that any presenter who shouts at me is trying to pull the wool over my eyes, and failing to divulge something important. All in all, it's counter-productive as far as I'm concerned.

I'm waiting for the day Q sell verbal diarrhoea - there will be no wait list because the presenters can produce a load more at the drop of a hat.

I can honestly say may favourite is the Aurora jewellery guy... Gorgeous voice and gentlemanly style
I do like diamonique Alison
It would be easier to name the guests I cannot stand

There are quite a few guests I look forward to seeing.

I used to enjoy Lennie's appearances, no reapperance now possible - RIP
I really like Laura Geller - she's so warm but mischievous
June the guest for Frank Usher is fun and yet classy
Nicky the Birkenstock guest is lovely
Rosa from Yankee Candles my favourite British guest
Marla Wynne is quirky and funny and runs Laura a close second for my fave US guest now Lennie's no more
Alison O'Reilly who does Diamonique and Skagen
Dominic Aurora -naturally
I also like Leighton Denny
Suarti for her eccentricity - I particularly liked it when she did her dancing
Michelle and Tom from Alpha-H - honest, straightforward and a breath of fresh air
Doris - Doll 10
Emma Hardie - who it seems we won't be seeing on air again
Joan Collins - just because her hours contain the lovely Peter, and you just know the presenters are all walking on eggshells with her
Tova - although I like some of her Diamonique the perfume doesn't appeal, but she sounds so classy with an old-world Hollywood glamour
I also like watching the antics of David Sigal - he is bonkers with his kissing the camera and uber-camp demeanour on air
I used to like Astrid the Vercella Vita lady but I don't think she's been on for a while
The Camouflage Co's Corinne and Louise - barking mad but fun
I used to like the Jacqueline Kennedy collection guest who's not on air since the range ceased

There is a bunch more I also like but this is already very "listy" so I'll not name any others.

Inevitably there are a fair number I would switch off pronto. My top 3 currently would be Julian Bennett (Isaac Mizrahi), Corinne (Links of London) and Phil the H2O guest.

Latest posts

Back