Nails Inc TSV - 24/11/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Did anyone else think that the Nails Inc trainer lady demonstrating the TSV colours last night wasn't very professional in her application of the polish - firstly her "model's" nails were too short to make the polish look good and secondly she was applying the polish too thick - instead of the usual three strokes -middle,side and side(LD style) she seemed to use at least five strokes giving a very thick appearance(not a good look on short nails). The QVC model(usual pro-strong model) sitting with Heather and Jill had lovely hands and nails and her application(and appearance) of the polish sold the TSV to me. I think for such a big nail brand Nails inc presentation(t-shirts,models and manicurists) could be more professional. That said i still love the brand and can see past the presentation but will new customers do the same?

I'm also disappointed at there only being two Nails inc shows today - 4pm and 9pm surely a TSV should have more airtime?

I agree. And when La Franks asked f she had any tips for us plebs applying nail colour (not her actual literal words, clearly) the woman just said 'no, not really...' Oh, well, thanks for that Mrs......

On having restricted airs of the TSV.
Are QVC under buying on stock levels of TSVs ?
Or are companys no longer willing to discount such large volumes ?
Maybe companys also wish to keep au fait with their high street stockists.

:flower:

thats the secret of wise buying. a lot of the ts's are just hype and rarely are they as good value as they bundle good and bad stuff so you are paying for stuff:down: that you would not necesarily buy.

I have managed to resist ordering this.I don't like all of the colours.The p & p also put me off.Hope the Leighton Denny tsv is worth the wait.:clapping:

I haven't bought this - I don't the idea of "just made for QVC" - I like colours that you can buy in the shops - I'm a bit suspicious of sub standard colours/formulas. I also like when its not just colours - I like nail oil, remover, hand cream or the like included. Saved my money today - yipeeeeee.

Ah well I ordered it. I can always split it up as presents for the bin men and the paper boy if I don't like some of them.

The TSV will be shown in the 12pm and 7pm hours too but it is a bit odd only two full Nails Inc shows.

I have to agree I have often thought the trainers application of the polish a bit suspect and she often seems to have someone with very very short nails!!!!

Thanks for the show times Sarax Unfortunately i didnt catch the 12pm show(i didnt realise nails inc was demo'ing in this hour:heartbroke:) but am currently watching the 7pm show. I'm a bit disappointed re the Nails inc stock on offer today(so i dont think i missed much at 12pm) apart from the glitters and the liquid metals(which as you know i already have!!) the TSV is the only other item that interests me. I'm thinking about the special effects top coat but cant decide wether i like or dislike the matte effect!!? Thanks againx

Ah well I ordered it. I can always split it up as presents for the bin men and the paper boy if I don't like some of them.

Ali dont forget the woman at the bus stop on Monday morning(even if your taking the car drop it off for her!!) You've really cheered me up - its really ridiculous what the presenters suggest to us who we might give our purchases to eh!!

Thanks for the show times Sarax Unfortunately i didnt catch the 12pm show(i didnt realise nails inc was demo'ing in this hour:heartbroke:) but am currently watching the 7pm show. I'm a bit disappointed re the Nails inc stock on offer today(so i dont think i missed much at 12pm) apart from the glitters and the liquid metals(which as you know i already have!!) the TSV is the only other item that interests me. I'm thinking about the special effects top coat but cant decide wether i like or dislike the matte effect!!? Thanks againx

QVCP thou art truly a nail polish addict. :wink:
X

I'm thinking about the special effects top coat but cant decide wether i like or dislike the matte effect!!? Thanks againx

I think it's horrible! Take one expensive glossy nail polish, add matte topcoat, look now your manicure looks like you've taken a scrubbing brush to it without all that effort!
I was intrigued about what this "special effect" was going to be - what a disappointment. I thought it might make it holographic, or change colour or something. And the other one from the duo is special how?
I was literally actually gobsmacked!

I think it's horrible! Take one expensive glossy nail polish, add matte topcoat, look now your manicure looks like you've taken a scrubbing brush to it without all that effort!
I was intrigued about what this "special effect" was going to be - what a disappointment. I thought it might make it holographic, or change colour or something. And the other one from the duo is special how?
I was literally actually gobsmacked!

Thanks Pearly Queen:star: You've just confirmed my thoughts when i looked at the demos on the 4pm show - for once i'm leaving some polish/treatments on the shelf - i feel like i've saved some money:wonder:!! mmmmmmm..............?

I resisted the TSV, when I first saw the pictures I thought I would buy it but when I saw the colours painted on air I didn't think the colours looked as good.

I resisted the TSV, when I first saw the pictures I thought I would buy it but when I saw the colours painted on air I didn't think the colours looked as good.

me too - quite proud of myself considering my will when it comes to buying polishes! :sweat:

I'm thinking about the special effects top coat but cant decide wether i like or dislike the matte effect!!? Thanks againx

I bought the Leighton Denny Per-suede me kit from beauty day and this was my first venture into the world of matt nail polishes. I carefully painted the bronze colour and once dried, my nails looked like I'd dipped them in a dog turd. Unimpressed. I top coated it and it didn't look too bad but not worth £40 inc postage for 4 colours so it's going back.

I was literally appalled

I bought the Leighton Denny Per-suede me kit from beauty day and this was my first venture into the world of matt nail polishes. I carefully painted the bronze colour and once dried, my nails looked like I'd dipped them in a dog turd. Unimpressed. I top coated it and it didn't look too bad but not worth £40 inc postage for 4 colours so it's going back.

I was literally appalled

Literally actually appalled I should imagine.
Loving your descriptive work re dog turd dipping.
I couldnt quite get it when they were going on about the suede and matt ones on Nails Inc why they were trying to flog us matte nail polishes and then saying you could always put shiny top coat over if we didnt fancy the matte look....would we not be better just buying shiny ones :taphead:

Nails Inc website are offering two different collections of 6 polishes for only £19.95 each.I think it might be for today only.Apologies if I shouldn't have posted on here.

Mine's just arrived. Colours are ok but the box is a right load of old tat, and considering all the blithering on about it they did on the day its a bit crap. If it had been for a present this one would be going back.
Be interesting to know if I was just unlucky or whether they're all shoddy.
(Have left QVC a suitably disgruntled review. Harrumph)

Mine's just arrived. Colours are ok but the box is a right load of old tat, and considering all the blithering on about it they did on the day its a bit crap. If it had been for a present this one would be going back.
Be interesting to know if I was just unlucky or whether they're all shoddy.
(Have left QVC a suitably disgruntled review. Harrumph)

It seems I'm not the only one then - my TSV arrived yesterday (great delivery) but it's going back for a replacement as the box is all torn and broken. Only noticed it when I took it out of the plastic bag.

Latest posts

Back