Naughty Naughty QVC Putting up Sale Prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

barbedwire

Registered Shopper
Noticed there was a Clarks shoe sale on tonight so just decided to peruse what was on offer as have had a couple of really good bargains from Le Q Last Clicks on Clarks recently. I bought these http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.152754.cm_scid.ItemNumberSearch which are still the same price as I paid, I love them to bits and wear them a lot...

Then I bought these http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.150815.cm_scid.ItemNumberSearch . Again, love them a lot despite the bad review left...BUT...looked at the price and did a double take. I was sure I didn't pay £20 for them...so went and checked my account. Lo and behold I only paid £18.67 and £3.95 p&p. Now the price is £20 plus £4.95 postage. So they're shoving them in the sale, but putting the price up...I know it's not much, but seriously, that's terrible....really sneaky...:bandit:

i wandered the same about the leather kipling bag in a foamy green shown today...sure it was never the original price they are quoting.
QVC + sale = my ar*e

I was watching a wee bit last night, mostly rubbish but was amazed at the clearance prices, some of the items were lucky if they had a fiver knocked off! I just think if you sticking some hideous garment in the sale at least take £10 or more off it, but I dont think Le Q are particularly bothered as they will just sell the leftovers in another sale later in the year or next year as the infamous skirt proves! lol

No doubt they've made sure they are covered by the Sale of Goods Act but it's still naughty.

was checking clearance myself this morning and there's a monne express tan 150g reduced from £33 to £20 (+3:95p&p) had some decent reviews and was seriously considering it, until I checked amazon and found the same product for £5:95 with free p&p

thats a hell of a mark up on qvc.

I was having a browse and noticed that a pearl dimonique pendant I own has been reduced from about £40 to £17.99p. When I bought it, it was £17.99p and this was the introductory price, it was never £40 ever. Nothing in this range is in this sort of price bracket if I remember rightly (sorry can't do links), all the pendants are around the £20 mark. I am of the opinion that they have been tinkering with the prices by inflating the original selling prices to give the impression of a generous mark down. Or I am losing my memory!! BTW the pendant is very pretty, pale pink with tiny stones around the top of the pearl.

QVC's prices don't stay static, even when it isn't sale time. I've often noticed in the past that prices have gone up on things that I've previously bought - but then that happens everywhere, so I think it would be unreasonable to think that QVC would be any different. I'll bet you'd find that the prices of the products have risen since you bought them and have been shown at that increased price - can't remember the law on this, but I think they only have to be able to show that the product has been on sale at a particular price for around a month to be able to call the price "reduced".

As a counter to that, however, I got a letter from QVC a while after I bought my Back Magic telling me that they'd been able to buy the next lot in at a lower price than the first time, and were now selling it at a lower price than I'd paid, so they were refunding me the difference.

I was having a browse and noticed that a pearl dimonique pendant I own has been reduced from about £40 to £17.99p. When I bought it, it was £17.99p and this was the introductory price, it was never £40 ever. Nothing in this range is in this sort of price bracket if I remember rightly (sorry can't do links), all the pendants are around the £20 mark. I am of the opinion that they have been tinkering with the prices by inflating the original selling prices to give the impression of a generous mark down. Or I am losing my memory!! BTW the pendant is very pretty, pale pink with tiny stones around the top of the pearl.

I got these earrings a couple of years ago. They were originally around £45 I think, but I got them at a Last Clicks price of £17.95 + P & P. All told, about £22 :clapping:

Look what they're charging for them now http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.600189.cm_scid.ItemNumberSearch

Absolutely disgraceful! And the p & p is scandalous :wonder:

Unless you have an amazing memory it's not possible to know if you're getting genuine bargain.

They only show the sale price against the QVC price, not the price it last sold! at:headbang:

Good grief. On the shoes show with Pipa they have a pair of Clarks sandals 154 035 for £45.84 clearance price. In my local Clarks they are £14.99.

I did a bit of sale shopping on the dreaded high street yesterday and got some Clarks sandals for £15, they are knocking stuff down by up to 50% in the "actual literal shops". Oh and i lived to tell tale of going into town despite paying to travel there and back and meeting a friend for lunch!!

Haha! QVC have been found out by some great research! I know there are rules on how price reductions are meant to be advertised but not an expert on it. I'm sure there used to be small tag lines on adverts saying it's been at the higher price for 28 days at X store.

I've always found their sales to be absolute sh*te :hi: I hardly ever buy anything from them now as most stuff can be purchased cheaper elsewhere

well last year in a moment of madness I bought a butler and wilson dress for £83 something it was tat so it sent back,,,now notice its the sale for guess what £83 something! I was so annoyed with the Q for doing this that I posted a review, saying the dress was poor quality and the price hasn't changed since i bought it 12 months ago....guess what the review has been declined...so qvc so obviously do have a say in the posted reviewa I really do feel like taking this matter further anyone out there any ideas?

Good grief. On the shoes show with Pipa they have a pair of Clarks sandals 154 035 for £45.84 clearance price. In my local Clarks they are £14.99.

Update.... I have just been in the Clarks shop (not an outlet shop) and the actual full price for these sandals is £49.99 not £65.00 as QVC have suggested. Where on earth do they get their prices from. Therefore the clearance price is actually only £5.00 off the full retail price.

Latest posts

Back