Need a new vacuum cleaner

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
Recommendations please.

My reliable Shark upright corded is on its last legs, I’m giving it one last chance tomorrow when I pull it apart to see if there’s a blockage that’s stopping it sucking.

A new one would have to cope with piles of shed cat fur - what possessed me to allow a long haired tortoiseshell to move in with me ?

Any suggestions for an upright corded vac with a really strong ‘suck’ please ? Not necessarily on Q.
Thanks

There are a couple of Shark vacuums on offer at Argos if you're in the market for another Shark? I've got 3 Dysons, a Shark Liftaway and a Gtech. The Shark is wayyyy ahead of all the Dysons put together. The Gtech is used for under the bed and hard to reach areas and is fabulous

I’d defo go Shark. I had a Gtech before and it was nowhere near the suckability of the Shark. I’ve got a dog that moults like there’s no tomorrow and it deals with that admirably.

I can only recommend Henry/Hetty. Not an upright, but the best vac in town for doing the job it's supposed to do. Filter's in the bag so no faffing around emptying/cleaning the canisters or trying to defuzz the filter. I bought the compact version of Hetty and my only regret is not getting myself the cordless version which comes with 2 batteries. The cord's pretty much long enough to reach everywhere as I have a small property but it can be slightly awkward.

Recommendations please.

My reliable Shark upright corded is on its last legs, I’m giving it one last chance tomorrow when I pull it apart to see if there’s a blockage that’s stopping it sucking.

A new one would have to cope with piles of shed cat fur - what possessed me to allow a long haired tortoiseshell to move in with me ?

Any suggestions for an upright corded vac with a really strong ‘suck’ please ? Not necessarily on Q.
Thanks
Personally, I’ve had great results from the Vax pet range of uprights. Really strong suction and pick up far more than my old hoover. Not too dear either.

Only use Dyson stick vacum. Even the one I have had for at least 12 years is in use gifted to my eldest. My middle daughter has my other one and I treated myself to one a couple of years ago. I am thinking of buying one for upstairs. I attach them to the wall makes my life much easier

Shark here as well. I bought a cordless anti hair wrap one, direct from Shark, when they had a deal on. It arrived the following day and was free P&P. They often send me emails with their latest deals. I’ve no doubt they will have some Black Friday deals.

For years I‘ve been a GTech “devotee” but when my old one conked out I bought the Shark. I used the newer GTech on the carpet and then followed up with the Shark and was surprised to see how much the GTech had missed. 😳 That’s now upstairs and the Shark is used downstairs. As I’ve got long hair, the anti hair wrap bit is invaluable ….. no more taking the roller off and “de-hairing” it with scissors. 👍

I have a Shark lift away with TruePet, best vacuum cleaner I’ve ever had and I’ve had Dyson and Vax. I also have a cordless GTech and the amount that the Shark picks up that has been left behind by the GTech is amazing. The only issue I’ve had with this Shark one is when my son managed to suck up a sock when cleaning his bedroom, there’s no way with my particular model to disassemble and unblock the hose so it entailed a new hose attachment.

Recommendations please.

Thanks
From what I know of long haired torties, you didn’t have a choice!

I've spent a million quid on vacuum cleaners (OK I lied, not quite a million). Best one I had was an old model Dyson (the yellow and grey one) but now I've a Shark corded which is slightly better than the replacement for the old Dyson. I think Shark are better to be honest if you've dogs. I've had a couple of cordless ones but however handy they just don't cut it on pet hair.

CC

I've spent a million quid on vacuum cleaners (OK I lied, not quite a million). Best one I had was an old model Dyson (the yellow and grey one) but now I've a Shark corded which is slightly better than the replacement for the old Dyson. I think Shark are better to be honest if you've dogs. I've had a couple of cordless ones but however handy they just don't cut it on pet hair.

CC
Thanks CC. I have a cordless but it just cannot cope with cat fur.

I’d have thought that the cordless anti wrap Shark wouid probably cope with cat fur, ERICS MUM.

I haven’t got a cat but it definitely picks up long hair and any fluff with no problem.

Are Shark good for picking up human hair? I have a miele which I like but I can hoover for ages and still see lots of hair on my carpet, really gets on my nerves,

Are Shark good for picking up human hair? I have a miele which I like but I can hoover for ages and still see lots of hair on my carpet, really gets on my nerves,
Yes, I've a lot of longish hair and it falls out constantly and Bry's hair does the same. I do have to hoover every day but the Shark gets it all up.

CC

Latest posts

Back