Need a new vacuum cleaner

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was going to say the same thing. As I posted earlier, I have long hair and used to spend ages removing hair from the roller on the GTech. The Shark’s roller is completely hair free and it‘s been sucked up with ease.

I've spent a million quid on vacuum cleaners (OK I lied, not quite a million). Best one I had was an old model Dyson (the yellow and grey one) but now I've a Shark corded which is slightly better than the replacement for the old Dyson. I think Shark are better to be honest if you've dogs. I've had a couple of cordless ones but however handy they just don't cut it on pet hair.

CC
I also love the Dyson. I've the trad one with Ball & the cordless. I find the cordless shark rubbish. Cat hair is so hard to suck up with any vacuum if on furniture/curtains. One needs the attachment, or, I used to just hover the entire sofa as if a floor, so that the beater bar would get it up. Cats are wee shites & give not a single **** about the mess they make. Damp rubber gloves work well on seat cushions. You could try a furminator on the cat, but go carefully. I expect she won't approve.

I also love the Dyson. I've the trad one with Ball & the cordless. I find the cordless shark rubbish. Cat hair is so hard to suck up with any vacuum if on furniture/curtains. One needs the attachment, or, I used to just hover the entire sofa as if a floor, so that the beater bar would get it up. Cats are wee shites & give not a single **** about the mess they make. Damp rubber gloves work well on seat cushions. You could try a furminator on the cat, but go carefully. I expect she won't approve.
Unfortunately I firstly misread that as teminator

I have three Sharks - one corded and two cordless. Essentially one for each floor of the house. Latest is the Shark ICZ 300, which has the LCD screen on top. This is actually better at getting up pet hair than my corded one, which was and is a brute to drag around, and rolls out a lorry load of expletives from me when its cord decides to play up and twist up again and again. I get about 30 mins battery life on full deep pile power with the new one. To be honest, I now couldn’t face a corded ‘hoover’ again after this new Shark.

My late departed Eric loved the furminator but Tilly the little madam won’t allow it. She tolerates 30 seconds with a gentle bristle brush but it doesn’t remove as much as the furminator.

I need a new one. My Dyson, corded upright is 11 years old and the suction isn't as good anymore. My cordless Dyson V6 which I bought from QVC about four or five years ago has given up completely. It was never right to beging with and the most I ever got out of it wheen fully charged was 10 minutes. I should have sent it back within the 30 day MBG and I've always suspected it was a reconditioned one. I'm going to go for this one, which is on a Black Friday deal everywhere - I'll decide if I need a cordless one once I've tried it. The reviews are generally great across all sites.

Shark Stratos Pet Pro Model

I need a new one. My Dyson, corded upright is 11 years old and the suction isn't as good anymore. My cordless Dyson V6 which I bought from QVC about four or five years ago has given up completely. It was never right to beging with and the most I ever got out of it wheen fully charged was 10 minutes. I should have sent it back within the 30 day MBG and I've always suspected it was a reconditioned one. I'm going to go for this one, which is on a Black Friday deal everywhere - I'll decide if I need a cordless one once I've tried it. The reviews are generally great across all sites.

Shark Stratos Pet Pro Model
Ooo I like the look of that ! I must have a proper nosey in the morning, thank you.

Ooo I like the look of that ! I must have a proper nosey in the morning, thank you.
I tend to fast-forward through TV ads but I stopped when I saw one for Shark and it was the featured model. I popped into JL yesterday evening and they had every model but the Stratos. However, I really liked the look of this one, which is £100 cheaper...I'll need to do a compare and contrast on their website before I decide. :unsure:

Shark Anti Hair Wrap Pet

The NZ801UKT is the model I've got. The most amazing vacuum cleaner I've ever had (and I've had a lot). It's slightly heavier than some vacuums, but oh, is it worth it! I've got three cats and use it every day. I moved into a property where the air smelled really musty, and made me cough all night in bed. Bought the Shark, literally buckets of dust came out of the carpets. Now the air smells clean!

There really doesn't seem to be much difference between the NZ801UKT and the NZ860UKT other than the price. The latter has a bigger capacity, an additional tool, and has an anti-odour cartridge but that's about it. That said, I'm not sure any of that's worth the extra £100. Oh, and I like the rose gold, but it will be sat in the cupboard under the stairs most of the time.

There really doesn't seem to be much difference between the NZ801UKT and the NZ860UKT other than the price. The latter has a bigger capacity, an additional tool, and has an anti-odour cartridge but that's about it. That said, I'm not sure any of that's worth the extra £100. Oh, and I like the rose gold, but it will be sat in the cupboard under the stairs most of the time.
I agree with you. The rose gold is lovely and at an amazing price. I can't find fault with it personally. For me it's all about the dust, can't bear it! This vacuum annihilates it 🙏😄

My sister and I were talking about having 2 Dyson's. One for upstairs and one for upstairs sounds like a good idea.

The NZ801UKT is the model I've got. The most amazing vacuum cleaner I've ever had (and I've had a lot). It's slightly heavier than some vacuums, but oh, is it worth it! I've got three cats and use it every day. I moved into a property where the air smelled really musty, and made me cough all night in bed. Bought the Shark, literally buckets of dust came out of the carpets. Now the air smells clean!
Me too, I've got a cordless Shark which I thought was good, but didn't cope well when the dog is moulting, so I got this one. I was wishing I'd seen the one with the odour capsule thing in first, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra money. I do love this one but it is rather heavy. I'm glad I've got the other one for upstairs.

Latest posts

Back