Never an Ill Wind

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grizelda

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Cozzee Home is making a killing. Perfect timing for them to sell gazzilions of bedding, throws, and now dressing gowns and pj's. You can see the satisfaction on the BA's face. All the products are sure to take the edge off when the freeze starts. I bet they sell a bumper number of their products this year. Good for them.

I love Cozee Home. I know they recalled one of their heated throws earlier this year but I can’t do without mine (much older and fortunately so far no problems or safety issues). I’ve not used them yet this season but am snuggled up in a “teddy throw“ from Dunelm this evening and it’s doing the trick. I don’t want to hit the “hard stuff“ (heated throws) till it really turns cold.

Last year I bought that coatigan with the hood in the pale blue/grey check. It was frustrating not to have buttons on it, so I bought some huuuge clear plastic poppers and sewed on 3 - now I can wear it as a 'proper' coat when its really cold. For me its to bulky to wear around the house, but perfect outside now.
I dug mine out yesterday, Brissles. I got the navy and white check one. I do like it but using it at the computer last winter, the stretchy white ribbed cuffs got really grubby and it didn’t wash out. They have also gone bobbly (grey bobbles!) from rubbing on the edge of the desk. It’s fine for indoors, though, where I don’t care what I look like when I’m keeping warm!

That's interesting to know - about the bobbling, so I'll watch for that. I've yet to wear it tbh. I've never been great for wearing layers indoors, so for me it is bulky to wear around the house, but am ok with a hot water bottle at my back and a wrap around my shoulders.

I'm only surprised I haven't seen those Slankets being sold - with every other type of cover up/throw/wrap etc etc being presented.

My friend gave me a slanket a few years ago and it remained in my cupboard unopened until I donated it to a charity because I knew I’d not use it. I don’t really feel the cold but, in the event of a harsh winter and the thermostat being on low this year, I have got a couple of throws to use.

We just put electric blanket on and lots of fleece layers as can control the heat then lol … hubby gets to hot so I have to have the fleeces on my side … slankets too are great … electric blanket only on for half hour before bedtime anyway ..I’ve got Cozy home but unless it’s minus stupid .. I get too hot 🤦🏻‍♀️ my thermostat is useless these day in my body

I have loads of Slankets. The original fleece ones and the softer silky plush fabrics. I can see me sleeping in one under the duvet.
I've still got 2 slankets and I love them. I had more but they found their way to other people's houses and Perry's one had to eventually go in the bin as it was terminally "doggy". There's been lots of copies but the original ones sold by that American lad were definitely the best.

CC

I live and die in my Long Tall Sally dressing gowns!
All bought before the brand sadly went down the pan! :(

I must have about 5/6 of them!
All amazing thick fleece or ‘faux fur’ type fabric in bright colours with big hoods and down almost to the floor... Love them!

This year everywhere I turn - inc on every website! - it seems to be those ‘Oodies’ (oversized hooded fleece affairs?)

Actual Oodies are extortionate but places like Tu and Debenhams much more reasonable. Cozee home did one last year and Jill Franks v comical in it I seem to remember!

My mum amused me by turning up at my house at 11pm last week dressed in her new one! (£18 Debenhams in grey with Sherpa.. She lives around the corner and had bottoms on with it 😉)

It did look very cosy if a little sack like!
But even on her it was generous and she’s a size ?16/18 so we decided it would drown me!

But it would have space for layers and would keep the heat in if anyone really feels the cold?

Where do you store them ? because I only have one throw which I find bad enough, and end up folding it up as small as poss and having it sit on the back of the sofa.
I don’t like the ‘look’ of a throw on furniture, whether casually thrown on or neatly folded and positioned stylishly. They soon get untidy and on a couple of occasions I’ve stood up and tripped over one because I hadn’t noticed it had slipped down !

I just bought a Dehumidifier practically like gold dust atm. My huge, north east facing bedroom is very very cold and prone to condensation the winter unless its heated constantly which is not practical. The dehumidifier has a Hepa filter so is an air conditioner as well. Used it for 24 hours cost pennies over that time. I have a smart meter so logged the amount on the meter when I first turned it on. Oddly enough it made the room a little warmer because it was drawing out the damp air.The difference is astonishing in air quality. Its got a smart mode which means it turns itself on and off as and when needed. Also it has a night mode which means its light are all turned off. Its not silent but its ok noise wise. I can put it in the middle of the house and open all the doors and it will draw the excess moisture in the air out of all the rooms at once. Its a game changer. I can put on my central heating knowing that its heating a drier house. Its also got a laundry mode so will assist in drying washing. I very rarely dry washing indoors but sometimes we have to.

It depends Bettyboo on how the cold affects you. When is uber cold and you cant afford to have the central heating on and its just too cold to get warm then a heated blanket is fab. They are very cheap to run and keep you very toasty. It helps delaying putting the central heating on for a while.If at all.

Where do you store them ? because I only have one throw which I find bad enough, and end up folding it up as small as poss and having it sit on the back of the sofa.
I use the plastic storage bags that you can suck the air out of. But then, you have to find somewhere to store that!

It depends Bettyboo on how the cold affects you. When is uber cold and you cant afford to have the central heating on and its just too cold to get warm then a heated blanket is fab. They are very cheap to run and keep you very toasty. It helps delaying putting the central heating on for a while.If at all.
I'll try one this winter. I'm going to fight these energy increases as much as I can.

I just bought a Dehumidifier practically like gold dust atm. My huge, north east facing bedroom is very very cold and prone to condensation the winter unless its heated constantly which is not practical. The dehumidifier has a Hepa filter so is an air conditioner as well. Used it for 24 hours cost pennies over that time. I have a smart meter so logged the amount on the meter when I first turned it on. Oddly enough it made the room a little warmer because it was drawing out the damp air.The difference is astonishing in air quality. Its got a smart mode which means it turns itself on and off as and when needed. Also it has a night mode which means its light are all turned off. Its not silent but its ok noise wise. I can put it in the middle of the house and open all the doors and it will draw the excess moisture in the air out of all the rooms at once. Its a game changer. I can put on my central heating knowing that its heating a drier house. Its also got a laundry mode so will assist in drying washing. I very rarely dry washing indoors but sometimes we have to.
I plan on buying one for next summer. My problem is very high humidity in the summer. Getting all of that moisture out of the air makes the heat more bearable.

Latest posts

Back