Never an Ill Wind

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Totally opposite where I am. The temperature hasn't fallen below 16 deg for months ! for weeks its been vivid blue skies and blinding sunlight (literally - due to the time of year). People locally are still walking around with just a cardi on although the temp dips around tea time. I'm still having to use a hose pipe to water the pots as we haven't had any significant rain for months either.

TBH I'm praying for overcast and cloudy weather so I can use my conservatory to do some work in - because its blindingly too bright and hot ! As I write this there isn't a cloud in the sky, and will be taking the dog out, just wearing summer trousers and a light jumper ! (that's me wearing trousers and light jumper............)
I live in central London and the weather is just as you say: lots of sunshine and good temperatures. Long may it last!

I live in central London and the weather is just as you say: lots of sunshine and good temperatures. Long may it last!
Same here, in SW London. Unfortunately my living room is north facing so it does get a bit chilly but I run a fan for a few minutes to take the chill off. I always have the bedroom window open at night so am used to the cold there. I am hoping to get to November before running the CH but it is never set to come on automatically.

I'm in north west London, on the days I work in the office it's a bit chilly when I leave at 7am but warms up after that. However there is a lot of rain forecast over the next couple of weeks🙈

I love a hot water bottle., even sometimes when on the settee watching telly in the evening.

The heated throw I bought from QVC which was recalled as faulty was fab. I thought about buying the one they were selling a few weeks ago but it was £60, a bit much for me at the time.

My lovely sister bought me an Oodie for my birthday its huge. It has Pandas all over it. Plus the new Dehumidifier I am ready to attack the cold. I will not lower my living standards but find cheap or free solutions to keep warm. The thought of my home getting mould and condensation is a nightmare.

I love a hot water bottle., even sometimes when on the settee watching telly in the evening.

The heated throw I bought from QVC which was recalled as faulty was fab. I thought about buying the one they were selling a few weeks ago but it was £60, a bit much for me at the time.
Heres hoping they do a TSV throw at a good price so you can replace it. They are really cheap to run pennies an hour so well worth having x

The GPO laboratories are now posh flats. I also learnt to sail on the "Welsh Harp" actually called ????? reservoir (can't remember, possibly Brent?
Not surprised the GPO building is now posh flats, everything is being converted into flats. And the Welsh Harp is officially called the Brent Reservoir but everyone round here calls it the Welsh Harp, interesting that you learnt to sail on there!

I just bought a Dehumidifier practically like gold dust atm. My huge, north east facing bedroom is very very cold and prone to condensation the winter unless its heated constantly which is not practical. The dehumidifier has a Hepa filter so is an air conditioner as well. Used it for 24 hours cost pennies over that time. I have a smart meter so logged the amount on the meter when I first turned it on. Oddly enough it made the room a little warmer because it was drawing out the damp air.The difference is astonishing in air quality. Its got a smart mode which means it turns itself on and off as and when needed. Also it has a night mode which means its light are all turned off. Its not silent but its ok noise wise. I can put it in the middle of the house and open all the doors and it will draw the excess moisture in the air out of all the rooms at once. Its a game changer. I can put on my central heating knowing that its heating a drier house. Its also got a laundry mode so will assist in drying washing. I very rarely dry washing indoors but sometimes we have to.
I’d love to use one but it dries the sinuses out and can cause issues for hubby

Thats the one I have I left my oipinion in the post above. Its fantastic. I was lucky I had a lot go money in Nectar point's and used it to buy this in Argos. So bear that in mind.This type of dehumidifier emits a small amount of heat but I really noticed how much warmer my room is. It is heavy though. But you can dehumidify the whole house by leaving it on the landing and keeping all the doors open. BUT make sure you keep the toilet seat down for obvious reasons.

Thats the one I have I left my oipinion in the post above. Its fantastic. I was lucky I had a lot go money in Nectar point's and used it to buy this in Argos. So bear that in mind.This type of dehumidifier emits a small amount of heat but I really noticed how much warmer my room is. It is heavy though. But you can dehumidify the whole house by leaving it on the landing and keeping all the doors open. BUT make sure you keep the toilet seat down for obvious reasons.
Thank you have done a lot of reading and gone for this one.

Thank you have done a lot of reading and gone for this one.
I was looking at this as well and thanks for spotting it, also to boffy and everyone else for their thoughts. When it was all being discussed on here a few weeks ago, I read all the guidance in Which? etc on how to choose which type and size and so on, but to be honest, I don’t really understand it or what would work best for my home. I might revisit it and try make my mind up. Did you buy from QVC as when I did a quick search at the weekend, I think it was the best price??

I was looking at this as well and thanks for spotting it, also to boffy and everyone else for their thoughts. When it was all being discussed on here a few weeks ago, I read all the guidance in Which? etc on how to choose which type and size and so on, but to be honest, I don’t really understand it or what would work best for my home. I might revisit it and try make my mind up. Did you buy from QVC as when I did a quick search at the weekend, I think it was the best price??
Yes purchased via Q. Free p&p and thought I could really use the 60 mbg to see if it makes a difference. Out of stock in lots of places. Q price was competitive too.

I have this too. Whisper quiet most of the time. Really great. I have a flat with metal frame windows so it's not my only dehumidifier, but it is easily the quietest

Latest posts

Back