New Buzz Word

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grizelda

ShoppingTelly Supporter
RL's leather bag is a 'hero', SBC's Arnica range is a 'hero', and many of Frank Usher's voluminous tops are 'hero pieces.' The word is getting over-used now, so it loses its impact. Talking about SBC, I think they should change their logo. It's not obvious what the letters stand for, and it's too utilitarian, too basic. Maybe they have chosen it so that it doesn't only appeal to women, i. e., not fussy. Also, the giant bottles are just too big to put anywhere.

Ah, those hero products. First sign you are in danger or distress, they change like transformers into superman including cape to save you.

Now, the term must have might be more suited or big seller.

Way back when SBC was actually a good range before the pushing of adding ingredients to make them sound amazing, I did buy arnica gel. It even took down the swelling on my ankle when I went over it. I could even see it going down in a few hours. Now, it has to have sandalwood added to make it sound more interesting. I now go to the local chemist and buy large tubes of just arnica and tubes of aloe vera.

Or personpause? After all the same person can be a man or a woman these days. I hate when everyone bangs on about their "journey" as if the whole world is interested. It's usually something that everyone goes through (loss, grieving, menopause etc) and most just take it as part of life, not a journey that has to be shouted from the rooftops.

CC

Q are ridiculously unsubtle when they decide on a new tack. Presenters and guests immediately start shoe-horning the new phrase or word into every presentation no matter whether it's appropriate or not.
It's the "for you" they used to keep saying, I think Ali Young is the only one who still says in regularly and most of the time it's said when it's out of context and doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Errrr, "hack" - I heard it first on QVC and had to look it up !!!! It means a handy "TIP " ! so why not call it a sodding tip !

Its caught on everywhere, even in magazines its now a 'hack'. Is it another American word that idiot young soshal meeja types have latched on to ? where we now "reach out" instead of getting in touch. Or a 'train station' instead of a railway station.

Latest posts

Back