New Liz Earle Perfume

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I still wear Quelques Fleurs and when I can get them I also buy Quelques Violettes and Quelques Roses but both of those are hard to come by. The Violettes one is the nicest violet fragrance I`ve ever tried but its a green violet, more violet leaf than flowery.
My Mum wore Quelques Fleurs and Charles of the Ritz but the Charles of the Ritz is now impossible to find but I did read somewhere that it was to be remade by another company.

Is this not just an Avon perfume touted under the Liz Earle name?
It's funny you should make the Liz Earle- Avon connection because the first time I smelt No 1 it took me right back to the early 1970's. It smells identical to a twist up children's 'perfume stick' that my mum used to buy me that smelled of lemons. I loved it then ( I was about nine!) but not so sure at 51!!

I used to wear Sortilege, does the Jo Malone really smell like it? I find hers disappear on me after half an hour.
The scent I mourn most is Ecusson by Jean D'Albret, used to love that.
I still have bottles of the original Rochas Femme, husband loves it & used to bring back loads when he was working in France.
My other long time loves that I've worn since my twenties are Chanel No5 , Balenciaga Le Dix & Lanvin Arpege. Used to love Miss Dior but it's a different animal now.
My current favourite is Guerlain L'Heure Bleue.
I've never so much as tried a squirt of any Liz Earle.

I really like the Liz Earle fragrances especially 100 but I have rarely been complimented when using them.

It's funny you should make the Liz Earle- Avon connection because the first time I smelt No 1 it took me right back to the early 1970's. It smells identical to a twist up children's 'perfume stick' that my mum used to buy me that smelled of lemons. I loved it then ( I was about nine!) but not so sure at 51!!

Not keen on these citrus perfumes. Sweet, floral for day time and woody musky for evening! :mysmilie_12:

I used to wear Sortilege, does the Jo Malone really smell like it? I find hers disappear on me after half an hour.
The scent I mourn most is Ecusson by Jean D'Albret, used to love that.
I still have bottles of the original Rochas Femme, husband loves it & used to bring back loads when he was working in France.
My other long time loves that I've worn since my twenties are Chanel No5 , Balenciaga Le Dix & Lanvin Arpege. Used to love Miss Dior but it's a different animal now.
My current favourite is Guerlain L'Heure Bleue.
I've never so much as tried a squirt of any Liz Earle.

I don't think it's a dead ringer. It's more a case of "hmm what does this remind me of". Have you tried Pomegranate Noir? That's a real stayer. And probably the one perfume I've had most compliments on. The other that gets lots of comments is Lipstick Rose by Frederic Malle. Mainly from men I have to say.

I tried Pomegranate Noir, and was told I smelt like cough mixture.:mysmilie_15:

Lipstick Rose smells like old fashion lipstick that my mum wore. Retro and gorgeous. I prefer Le Parfum de la Therese,L'Hiver and Iris Poudre from Malle.

I managed to get into a large M&S mid week(my city centre branch is big but the out of city one has a much larger beauty department), and they had the Shay & Blue range. I ignored the Blood Oranges and the Salt Carmel don't like smelling of found. Loved the Belladonna even though it has jasmine which does weird on me. Bought a 30mls size and a Joan Collins lipstick.

I tried Pomegranate Noir, and was told I smelt like cough mixture.:mysmilie_15:

Lipstick Rose smells like old fashion lipstick that my mum wore. Retro and gorgeous. I prefer Le Parfum de la Therese,L'Hiver and Iris Poudre from Malle.

I managed to get into a large M&S mid week(my city centre branch is big but the out of city one has a much larger beauty department), and they had the Shay & Blue range. I ignored the Blood Oranges and the Salt Carmel don't like smelling of found. Loved the Belladonna even though it has jasmine which does weird on me. Bought a 30mls size and a Joan Collins lipstick.

That's exactly what Lipstick Rose smells like Donna. Lipstick from the 60s. I'll have a sniff of the others you mentioned. I do also like Une Rose by Frederic Malle. And much more earthy rose. Lovely now his perfumes can be bought in the UK and I don't have to beg anyone going to Paris to pick me up a bottle.

Oh jasmine is normally a no no for me. Gives me a headache but I do have one that has Jasmine in it. Can't remember which now. Maybe Oscar de la Renta or Marc Jacobs.

That's exactly what Lipstick Rose smells like Donna. Lipstick from the 60s. I'll have a sniff of the others you mentioned. I do also like Une Rose by Frederic Malle. And much more earthy rose. Lovely now his perfumes can be bought in the UK and I don't have to beg anyone going to Paris to pick me up a bottle.

Oh jasmine is normally a no no for me. Gives me a headache but I do have one that has Jasmine in it. Can't remember which now. Maybe Oscar de la Renta or Marc Jacobs.

Lipstick Rose is lovely and reminds me of frothy net underskirts under 60`s dresses and these shoes !
ruby 2.jpg

I was given a bottle of Aqua Di Parma Iris Nobile for my birthday & it's really lovely, might become a new favourite.

I think I must like ylang ylang as the L'Occitane hand cream that came in a kit once was really nice. Does anyone know a perfume it features in strongly so I can test it?

I garden a lot, ours is a bit like the Forth Bridge, you work your way through it & it's going mad at the back of you. It's a small house but a very big garden, so I have a lot of plants. I hate the smell of lilies or jasmine. I once had a jasmine house plant but had to give it away as it made me feel sick. Luckily the person I gave it to loved it.
I've been searching for years for a perfume that smells exactly like fresh freesias but no luck so far despite smelling loads of so called Freesia scents.

If anyone spots the Jane Packer Red Rose, Black Violet and Cyclamen fragrance on sale anywhere legit please let me know. It's been discontinued and I'd love another one.

The last time I saw Jane Packer red rose perfume it was in TK Maxx but its quite a while ago now.

If anyone spots the Jane Packer Red Rose, Black Violet and Cyclamen fragrance on sale anywhere legit please let me know. It's been discontinued and I'd love another one.

Tink I don't know whether you've seen this site but they have the Jane Packer Rose body creme here. and also a candle here. I'm afraid I can't vouch for the site as I've never ordered from them. But it might be a way to get a fix of the scent while you're looking for the perfume.

I'd save a search on ebay so that you'll get an email as soon as anyone lists the fragrance for sale.

Many years ago, I'd got ready for a night out with my brother and sister.
My brother asked what perfume I'd just drowned myself in...."Miss Dior" I told him. He looked shocked, and said what an awful name for a perfume that was. I couldn't understand why he thought this, but he had actually thought I'd said the perfume was called......Misty Whore. :mysmilie_465:

Way back Guerlain released a perfume called Mahora. I was very friendly with the manager of the Guerlain counter and she was really p8ssed off as people kept saying it smelt like coconut(it was fragapani(sp)! But the worse bit was they kept calling My Whore!!! It disappeared very quickly and relaunched with a different name in their boutique only range.

I'm clueless about perfume "families" I just sniff and swab, and then decide if I like them (or they like me) or not....

A lot of perfumes which smell lovely on others smell totally rank on me - courtesy of different skin chemistry, I suppose.

I used to like the original Rochas "Femme"... Chanel No. 5, Paloma Picasso, Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue, Liz Earle No. 1, White Company Noir, Chanel Chance Eau Vive, Issy Miyake L'Eau D'Issy, Davidoff Cool Water Woman, L'Occitane Notre Flore Myrte, Clarins Eau Dynamisante, Clarins Eau Ressourçante, L'Occitane Verveine, L'Occitane Calenques, Yves Saint Laurent Y, Crabtree & Evelyn La Source. So a fair amount of florals, some citrussy, some oceanic, but not a clue at all as to which families they sit in!

I've had some real disasters that smelled TERRIBLE on me, and ones I liked but couldn't live with when I wore them (Thierry Mugler Angel, Yves Saint Laurent Paris prominently spring to mind).

Oh yes YSL the only one that I could wear was the Champagne, all the others gave me a headache. Loved Nina Ricci but it only ever lasted an hour. The Liz Earle ones smell awful on me after about 15 minutes. I need an oil based heavy perfume they seem to last and the scent lasts. At the moment I am wearing DKNY Woman and Aromatics by Clinique. Going to try the new Viktor and Rolfe.

Latest posts

Back