New to QVC and the forum.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I didn't know he had a scar ..... better and better!

Angel x

Yeah, back in the day, they used to do all kinds of things to hide it,weird camera angles, massive bunches of flowers on set, lighting, all sorts. Now he just doesn't give a toss, and neither should he. I believe it's on his left hand side and he got it in car accident.

Thought Scarface was a bit harsh.

Whoops! My bad! CicatrixFace :rolleyes:

A big welcome from me too Angel, I always log on to the forum after a hard day at work, never fails to make me giggle and stops me spending cash on the latest "must have" thingy that they are gushing over!

Hi everyone!

I only really watched QVC last week after being recommended to by a friend who knows of my OPI obsession and I have been on the website. I am feeling addicted already! Hopefully this is just a phase due to being new to the site and to all the products!

So far:

I seem to spend most of my time trying to guess the ages of the presenters!

I wonder how many of the presenters actually use the product.

The man on the Gatineau show is adorable!

Even if I wasn’t an OPI girl I couldn’t sit through the Leighton Denny show as the man selling them has quite an irritating accent and demeanour.

So far I have ordered a clarisonic which I have wanted for ages but have only just talked myself into (£150 for a giant tooth brush!!!!) and a couple of nail varnishes.

The Gatineau products looked fab and I liked the science behind them but I wasn’t sure if they were all aimed at 30 plus. The jelly to water exfoliator stuff looks very interesting.

Angel x

Eeh bah gum lass, hope none of our northern contingent are upset by that! Welcome along Angel, am sure you will enjoy it here!

Eeh bah gum lass, hope none of our northern contingent are upset by that! Welcome along Angel, am sure you will enjoy it here!

I am from Yorkshire! I didn't even recognise where his accent was from.

I am bad like that. I just can't recognise where accents are from!

Angel x

Angel x[/QUOTE

I think Leighton's a Lancashire lad isn't he? At least that's what he sounds like to me, but I'm not that hot on accents either...I'm an in-betweener..East Midlands..

Angel x[/QUOTE

I think Leighton's a Lancashire lad isn't he? At least that's what he sounds like to me, but I'm not that hot on accents either...I'm an in-betweener..East Midlands..

He's from Yorkshire.
Im pretty sure its Bradford he's from.

Apologies to harp back to your message BenFongTorres about calling someone "scarface", but I actually found this quite offensive. Even by you trying to be clever by saying "whoops cicatrix face", doesn't make it right. I've got a three inch scar on my chin and had it since an accident as a baby and to know there are adults who refer to people as "scarface" is very sad. You really have no idea what it's like to have something like this. I think you should think twice about how you refer to others as it can - and does offend.

Ooh blimey here we go again.
Poor angel will be wondering what the he'll she's joined up to.

Apologies to harp back to your message BenFongTorres about calling someone "scarface", but I actually found this quite offensive. Even by you trying to be clever by saying "whoops cicatrix face", doesn't make it right. I've got a three inch scar on my chin and had it since an accident as a baby and to know there are adults who refer to people as "scarface" is very sad. You really have no idea what it's like to have something like this. I think you should think twice about how you refer to others as it can - and does offend.

No need to apologize. However, from the sound of your vitriol I would have thought your scar is the LEAST noticable thing about you.

However, I will not apologize for referring to Andrew as Scarface. It's how I express myself, lump it or leave it.Choose the latter, no need to raise your blood pressure over something I've written.

By the way, 3 inch scar?, feh! I've had spots bigger than that...feel my pain!

Last edited:
I think he is adorable scar or no scar!

I watched the Gatineau show again and if I hadn't known he had a scar I probably wouldn't have noticed.

I am thinking that it is a bad sign to watch a beauty show and wish I was older so I could use some of the exciting sounding products!

Angel x

I watched the Gatineau show again and if I hadn't known he had a scar I probably wouldn't have noticed.

I am thinking that it is a bad sign to watch a beauty show and wish I was older so I could use some of the exciting sounding products!
Angel x

Errrm, please enjoy your age, you'll get older soon enough. Seems like only 3 seconds ago that I was 15, now I'm 30 summat. Sometimes I just can't quite believe where the time has gone.

Angel x

Don't get carried away with twaddle and remember if creams alone worked there wouldn't be plastic surgeons. Keep your money safe and spend wisely.

Latest posts

Back