New Yankee/Woodwick Candle Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
My WJ trio has just arrived! Yay! The lavender one is no surprise of course. The Sicilian Orange is not just orange or blood orange to my nose on a cold sniff. I think there is some grapefruit in it. You know those squashes they do now where they mix the flavours? I reckon this would be orange and grapefruit! Or a grapefruit marmalade perhaps.

I was completely wrong about Bavarian Pretzel as there is no spice going on. It just smells of salted pretzels (she says, never eating pretzels!!) but I think there is a slight nuttiness to it. I quite like it, as a non foodie person, and would burn it in the day but not at night. That is when I have more foodie fragrance tolerance. The more I have sniffed it the more I like it. However even foodie Dale hedged his bets when presenting this as he said it would divide opinion and was unlike any other YC scent! But they often get asked for baked bread don't they so maybe it will be liked. It isn't like freshly baked bread though!!!!

:mysmilie_59:

Thank you very much, Mazza. Was looking forward to some honest reviews on here. I still haven't smelt any of them personally but the grapefruit you get in the Sicilian Orange one is exactly how I imagined it would be when they talked about it on air, so that's interesting. Also, I found a couple of reviews of Bavarian Pretzel on YouTube and, again, your description matches the impression I got. I haven't bought the set but am still tempted.

I never knew people put YC reviews on YouTube! Is that done for just about every scent????

I never knew people put YC reviews on YouTube! Is that done for just about every scent????

practically every yankee scent. some bloggers are better than others though

Yes, as boffy says, if you google "Yankee xxxxxx [fragrance name] review", it will nearly always come up with a YouTube link. Most of them are American, as you'd expect, and a lot seem to do them regularly as they acquire new releases so they have followers.

the yankee shops have 40% off all jars. even the havana collection. you would have been able to pick the three you like at £45 with no postage cheaper than qvc

the yankee shops have 40% off all jars. even the havana collection. you would have been able to pick the three you like at £45 with no postage cheaper than qvc

My local Yankee shop matches QVC's prices as long as you buy the exact same combination, so they're always cheaper as they don't include the postage charge

Yankee seem to be around a lot now (most Garden Centres) & I have been drawn in on QVC before.I have to admit the 'love' that many people have for these is lost on me.I must have a 'funny' nose as I am really picky with perfumes but every time I sniff a Yankee candle I put the stopper straight back in.I have had Liz Earle & Jo Malone candles & Neom diffusers which I would buy again but Yankee NO & all the wick trimming etc.?

Yankee Candle Set of 3 Large Jars Soothing Summer Shores £38.88 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.707541

1 x Coconut Beach (623g) - warm coconut blended with pineapple and Tahitian vanilla
1 x Champaca Blossom (623g) - top notes of violet leaf, muguet and orange, over a heart of ylang ylang, melon and champaca and a cedarwood and iris base
1 x Tahitian Nights (623g) - a calming scent with hints of sea salt, driftwood and lavender

Gosh, is this ANOTHER set of WJ tumblers on the way? Love it!

Gosh, is this ANOTHER set of WJ tumblers on the way? Love it!

its strange as Rosa has said on numours times there is no more world journeys coming but in this set we get

1 x Jamaican Rum Punch tumbler candle (566g) - spicy cocktails under a hot Jamaican sun
1 x Danish Butter Cookie tumbler candle (566g) - captures the delicious aroma of fresh Danish butter cookies with a hint of creamy butterscotch
1 x Himalayan Air tumbler candle (566g) - breathe in crystal clear air and feel your cares fall away with Himalayan cedar extract

Sometimes change of plan does happen.

QVC reverses the right to do what the heck they please and when ever, the customer is always wrong.

:mysmilie_48:

:mysmilie_17:

I think I had and liked the Jamaican one. Himalayan Air is new to me and sounds fab. The Danish one, much as I love many Scandinavian things, is the least favourite for me but would do for daytime. Hope they go live soon.

I think I had and liked the Jamaican one. Himalayan Air is new to me and sounds fab. The Danish one, much as I love many Scandinavian things, is the least favourite for me but would do for daytime. Hope they go live soon.

Definitely going to have to succumb to these as well, I love Himalayan Air, it's so fresh and I'm a foodie fan too - I like the WJs and even if the throw isn't as strong, they burn so efficiently so you really get your money's worth. The previous WJ set with lavender is arriving today, woo hoo!!!!!

I had the Jamaica Rum Punch one too - it was in a trio with Sahara Sun and South African Vineyard a couple of years ago. JRP was definitely my fave of the three and actually had a half-decent throw, I thought. I am going to have to dig it out as it's one of my many half-burnt ones.

I've had the Danish Cookie one as a crumble pot from WaxAddicts - not bad - not too foody, I thought.

Definitely going to have to succumb to these as well, I love Himalayan Air, it's so fresh and I'm a foodie fan too - I like the WJs and even if the throw isn't as strong, they burn so efficiently so you really get your money's worth. The previous WJ set with lavender is arriving today, woo hoo!!!!!

Congrats, Tarketta, on your new arrivals! I somehow managed to resist that set. And this one is going to have to be very cheap for me to buy it too - I'm doing really well resisting all the latest offerings, mainly on price, and goodness knows I've got excited at first. I really love hearing about them still, both announcements of new ones and the opinions of those who buy.

They have buy one, get one half price in Boots at the moment. I was in there on Thursday when it was one of those £10 of points for £50 spend days. But even £14.40 each (£36 for two less 20%) was too much for meany me, especially as they didn't have a massive choice. It was close though as they did have Flowers in the Sun which I'd like to try.

Ive just paid £11.99 for four big jars this morning. Hallmark outlet had virtually all of them at that price including some of the ones that were in the recent Q TSVS. I bought Clean Cotton, Vanilla Cupcake, Lemon Lavender & Soft Blanket. They had the Garden by the Sea, Sea Air, Peony, Driftwood, all sorts

My corner of SW London is a cheap YC candle free zone. Apart from that Clintons offer some weeks ago, we have nada.

I have just seen pics on Wax Addicts of the new YC store in Brighton. I am so jealous! We have nothing like that. They did open a very small shop in the Bentalls Centre in Kingston but it turned out to be just a Christmas pop-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back