Next Day Delivery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Just seen that Q are now offering next day delivery for an extra £2.

I like the fact now if i order something and want it the next day its possible however its going to make the postage on alot of Q items £7.95 which IMO is way to much considering most other companies either offer free postage or capped P&P.

For our Next Day Delivery service, P&P is set at an additional £2 per item. This will be added at the checkout online. Next Day Delivery is not yet available on QCut or on our apps, but will be available very soon when you ring orderline to place your order with a representative.

I guess its a step in the right direction .......

How can it be that for any item, next day delivery is always £2? Different products at different sizes/weights - I suspect that they've got so much margin in the standard postage, this is just extra money for them to pocket.

They make a bl.....dy fortune with their postage. Many many times I've paid first class postage of £3.25 to return the item, and yet for it to get to me I've been charged anything from between £3.95 to £5.95 !!!! and now they want another £2 for next day delivery - they can go swivel !

If you wanted to order three different items, even if it's only the colour that's different it's classed as a different item, stupid I know, so if I wanted to order three different items, it would cost £24 or more to go to the same house on the same day, absolute robbery! This is yet another of the endless reasons why I'm glad I never shop with QVC any more.

The P&P is already too much without an extra £2.I now order very little as I am fortunate to live near a wide variety of shops where I can buy off the shelf & save the cost of postage.So in my case why use Q? (unless I was really wanted to try an expensive item & have the MBG!)

This isn't new is it? There was always a drop-down box at checkout with a higher priced option for expedited delivery. When my mum was still alive (about 10 years ago) I paid extra for fast delivery of her birthday present so that it'd arrive while we were visiting but it took 7 working days, mum didn't like it so it went back and I got all the postage back. Maybe the new aspect is that they're actually going to post it faster?

This isn't new is it? There was always a drop-down box at checkout with a higher priced option for expedited delivery. When my mum was still alive (about 10 years ago) I paid extra for fast delivery of her birthday present so that it'd arrive while we were visiting but it took 7 working days, mum didn't like it so it went back and I got all the postage back. Maybe the new aspect is that they're actually going to post it faster?

The fact it's £2 and next day makes it new.

Do you suppose we will get the £2 back automatically if we let them know something has taken longer than a day?

The fact it's £2 and next day makes it new.

It really is ridiculous, isn't it?

Postage surcharge for faster delivery has never been £2 so it's new. They get a kipling luggage pattern on a bag, and that's exclusive.... It may be the letter of the truth, but it's hardly in the spirit of the concept of new (or exclusive)... it's hair splitting. Not impressed.

It doesn't give exclusions such as Northern Ireland, Highlands of Scotland. Now that will be interesting when they suddenly find it will take two working days to these places.

Most places I order from which offer free next day delivery, will have a list of postcodes where it will take two working days to arrive there.

I can't really imagine using the next day delivery service. Nothing I buy from QVC is that urgent. Might be nice to get things quicker but I'm not sure what I would order that if be prepared to pay extra to get it to me the next day.

I used this service years ago and paid extra for an item needed for a holiday...the item arrived but the delivery note was for somebody else...nearly got it right then :mysmilie_7:

Many websites I use offer free p and p or charge you around £4 to £5 for guaranteed next day delivery if you need the item in a hurry. QVC already charge the £4 to £5 (or above ) for their standard delivery and yet they want more. It isn`t a new next day delivery service they need to look at, it`s their p and p charges and crap service overall. Sort out the foundation of what makes a good delivery service before adding a sticking plaster to try to make it better.
They`ve had so many complaints about poor delivery, high p and p, items badly packaged etc it looks to me that instead of sorting out the nitty gritty they`re asking people to pay more simply to avoid being let down by their normal service.
Amazon frequently delivers next day even if it`s free p and p and often on a weekend.

Cant wait to see mecharlie explaining this new 'service', with his praying hands and in hushed reverential tones sermonising how useful this next day delivery will be, especially for gifting the milkman ! and his eyes getting wider with excitement than Margerines (if that's possible)

QVC launching Next Day Delivery - at a price

From the QVC blog:

'All you have to do is simply order online Sunday to Friday by 5pm and we will deliver your item the very next day (where available), for a small additional charge of £2 per item. For example, if standard delivery is £4.95 then Next Day Delivery will be £6.95. You’ll also be able to track your delivery with our regular Hermes Track & Trace service so you don’t miss your package.'

There are a few exclusions such as direct despatch, auto delivery, waitlist, advanced order or heavy items.

The blog has three replies so far all saying wow, fantastic, great news. No surprise there.

I know other companies often charge a bit extra for next day delivery but their standard delivery is often included in the item cost or capped, P&P almost certainly less than QVC and delivery is quicker or more reliable.

Anyone on the forum willing to pay £2 extra for Next Day Delivery?

Latest posts

Back