No! Chloe you are wrong!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
2 tops in different colours WILL NOT be at reduced postage.

Stupidly it has to be 2 exactly the same size and colour. This surely means that it is only on beauty items that anyone can actually benefit from this fantastic offer.

Grr, it's bad enough that they are sharks without lying about it.

I normally don't mind Chloe too much but cross tonight!

I turn Chloe off immediately - I can't get that pie butty out of my mind. However, she is wrong to say that ordering 2 of the same tops in 2 different sizes or colours gives you the P&P "deal". They have to be exactly the same.

CC

I turn Chloe off immediately - I can't get that pie butty out of my mind. However, she is wrong to say that ordering 2 of the same tops in 2 different sizes or colours gives you the P&P "deal". They have to be exactly the same.

CC
Pie butty?

I am 'off' Chloe at the moment although I liked her when she first started.She can be so OTT-- calm down girl if we want to buy then we will but you firing off in all directions doesn't do it for me

Pie butty?

Chloe`s a Northern girl, a Lancashire lass and up here miners used to buy what`s called a barmcake ( a large bap) and they put a hot pie inside it and eat it walking to the pit head cages for the start of their shift. Mill workers did the same but bear in mind this all came about long before microwaves, proper lunch breaks, staff dining rooms etc and it`s something which some people still eat today, probably because they grew up in a family where a parent or grandparent ate them.
I see engineering apprentices from a local college queuing up at a market stall to buy the same. They`re usually dressed in oily overalls and black faces so I don`t suppose local cafes or restaurants would welcome them.

2 tops in different colours WILL NOT be at reduced postage.

Stupidly it has to be 2 exactly the same size and colour. This surely means that it is only on beauty items that anyone can actually benefit from this fantastic offer.

Grr, it's bad enough that they are sharks without lying about it.

I normally don't mind Chloe too much but cross tonight!

Unless it's two different shades of makeup. I was caught out a treat when they brought out this multi-postage bargain (NOT!), as one AY was banging on about how wonderful it was. I bought two different shades of the same foundation and got charged twice. Filled with the indignation of the wronged, I called CS, who explained c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y how the fabulous savings could be achieved, muttering that AY was wrong and I was about the billionth person she'd had to explain this to over the last few weeks. I felt sorry for the poor girl as she'd obviously had loads of angry customers ring up about this.

I hope everyone who orders under Chloe's advice has taped the show and really pushes the point.

I posted on the £2k dryer thread the other day as JR mentioned several times about the 20 year guarantee (and the guest failed to correct her, just glossed over/changed subject!). The machines are tested to a 20 year standard - this does NOT make it a guarantee. She SHOULD have been corrected there and then, either by guest or ear piece so she could correct herself. VERY ****** annoying!

Think she is rude when she is presenting, totally engrossed with Twitter.

Unfortunately with the advent of social media, they are all 'guilty' of using social media to check the 'twits' and Facebook messages. It always makes me smile when a presenter thinks that the shot is not on them so they are checking the ipad for messages and then they see that the shot is actually on them and they suddenly guilty look interested in what the presenter is saying. It also annoys me that they don't 'listen' either if they are 'faffing' with their tablet or if they are just disinterested in what the presenter is saying, or even I suppose if they have 'voices in their ears'. But they repeat either what the guest has stated (or as Miehal (sp) and Chloe are particularly good at doing recapping what the presenter has just said, just to reiterate the 'intelligence level' of the Q customer. No the advent of social media has made the presenters (imo) less connected with the fellow presenters and other guests.

During the Veronese show yesterday Chuntley was doing her usual me me me, false tan not taking, ugly toes, my nail varnish, my this my that, none of which was remotely connected to jewellery but I admire Ginette who managed to ignore her or at one point even said now back to the jewellery. At the end of the show it was again me me me what I'll be presenting, what I'll be wearing, what I'll be doing and told viewers to enjoy using something(forget what it was) and in the background before the sound was taken off her Ginetta said "and enjoy your Veronese"

I think there might be a bit of a talking to as Ginetta is not behind the door in pulling them up.

During the Veronese show yesterday Chuntley was doing her usual me me me, false tan not taking, ugly toes, my nail varnish, my this my that, none of which was remotely connected to jewellery but I admire Ginette who managed to ignore her or at one point even said now back to the jewellery. At the end of the show it was again me me me what I'll be presenting, what I'll be wearing, what I'll be doing and told viewers to enjoy using something(forget what it was) and in the background before the sound was taken off her Ginetta said "and enjoy your Veronese"

I think there might be a bit of a talking to as Ginetta is not behind the door in pulling them up.

I saw chuntley on yesterday can't remember whether it was 'live' or on 'extra' but the 'infamous' best friend 'Amanda' was apparently 50 the other day and she got her 50 presents, one of those being a norther nights set and she let slip that she also got her a khun rekon splatterguard. Now I know she may be a very good friend and I know that it was a special birthday and the other presents may have been just 'silly little things', but to me it felt like she was 'flaunting her wealth', now I am sure she didn't mean to and I am perhaps being a tad oversensitive as she doesn't strike me as that kind of person at all, it just made me feel that maybe presenters should think (even for a microsecond) before they speak.

I think there might be a bit of a talking to as Ginetta is not behind the door in pulling them up.[/

You forgot to mention the comment "you know me, I'm not good with numbers" routine. :mysmilie_43:

I saw chuntley on yesterday can't remember whether it was 'live' or on 'extra' but the 'infamous' best friend 'Amanda' was apparently 50 the other day and she got her 50 presents, one of those being a norther nights set and she let slip that she also got her a khun rekon splatterguard. Now I know she may be a very good friend and I know that it was a special birthday and the other presents may have been just 'silly little things', but to me it felt like she was 'flaunting her wealth', now I am sure she didn't mean to and I am perhaps being a tad oversensitive as she doesn't strike me as that kind of person at all, it just made me feel that maybe presenters should think (even for a microsecond) before they speak.

Presenters are always telling the customer to buy this that and the other for their present drawer and maybe Chuntly does the same. She probably has that damn much in her present drawer that she is probably glad to get rid of 50 bits of tat.

Yes but they don't engage brains before opening their mouths.

I wonder if you are a friend of a Q presenter what you think if at every birthday and Christmas you are given an item "only available at QVC".

Perhaps I'm ungrateful but my first thought would be to wonder if it was a freebie.

Personally if I worked in a retail business I would never give presents which could be associated with my workplace but make sure it was obvious I paid for it out of my pocket.

Now if the presenter wanted to pass on freebies that would be fine, but as a present, no .

Chuntley's a salesperson on a shopping channel. Not sure her figures would be good if she said after every item was presented "Now, only buy if you can afford this".

Though they do (sort of) touch on this when items are on easy pay.

How times have changed.

I well remember (and was impressed) by the soft sell approach when I first watched.

They often said that if you couldn't afford don't buy just enjoy the show, window shop, they were delighted by your company.

There was much talk of considered purchases, when they actually meant it.

I imagine sales, and particularly repeat sales, where as good as now and we enjoyed watching.

How times have changed.

I well remember (and was impressed) by the soft sell approach when I first watched.

They often said that if you couldn't afford don't buy just enjoy the show, window shop, they were delighted by your company.

There was much talk of considered purchases, when they actually meant it.

I imagine sales, and particularly repeat sales, where as good as now and we enjoyed watching.

But even 10 years ago many people in the UK couldn't access the internet, or had a clue how it worked. Now, many people use it to buy food, clothes, presents, DVDs and Blu-rays, music... The "dreaded high street" is struggling to compete, and so is Q with it's high P&P per item.

But even 10 years ago many people in the UK couldn't access the internet, or had a clue how it worked. Now, many people use it to buy food, clothes, presents, DVDs and Blu-rays, music... The "dreaded high street" is struggling to compete, and so is Q with it's high P&P per item.

That's true, it's a buyers market now we have the world of shopping at our finger tips with most offering free p&p and almost all offering cheaper prices than QVC. QVC haven't evolved in twenty three years that and with all their overheads, this will be their downfall.

Latest posts

Back