not new BE ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iggy

Registered Shopper
the other day when BE was on i jumped in for the well rested [ boy did they sell that to me ] & the eye liner set 229414 .....well they came quite quickly..........HOWEVER the little jiffy bag had dirty marks all over it...it was screwed up as when paper is thrown away 'crumpled' i think the word is im looking for.....anyway it had selotape across the opening bit ?...the pot inside had 'powder' on the outside......so not very happy i opened my box of eye liners with the multi brushes [ great idea ]..only to find the inside box had previously been opened too....???? the brush pack on both look new & virginal just the pots of liner dont contain very much at all.......:mysmilie_73:

what would you do & what do you think...........
i know ive had a coat sent out from the entice range that had been worn & had a spill down the front....CS didnt seem overly concerned when i pointed out the price & how i thought it was supposed to be new [ i do shop at the outlet shop & know they have been worn /tried on etc but even m & s & rackhams etc you cant be sure someones elses boby has been inside that
i feel like ive been ripped off & cant face at the minute cs & someone not being nice to me....ipso i dont want a ohhhh soooooo sorry mrs f......blah blah bah......I WANT NEW POTS

I'd complain. Ask them to send you a new set and a return label for the used set - don't see why you should have to pay to return something that isn't new!

Send it back and ask for a full refund including postage. This is disgracefull. We are hearing more and more stories of QVC sending out items that have clearly been used and passing them off as new.

Is money so tight at QVC towers that this type of thing is now common practice? I bet CS will come up with the same old "slipped through the net" excuse. Just how many holes are now in this "net?"

I wonder if the package could've been opened between leaving QVC and reaching you?

thanks ladies.......maybe sue [ after watching dispaches the other night its a wonder we get ANY parcels at all '.....i just cant face at the minute ringing to say blah blah blah as if i get a plonker im likely to blow my top......the brushes are untouched just the pots half empty & my postman doesnt wear it lol.......hes a darling so its NOT him.......
the jiffy surely wasnt opened twix them & me as the tape was UNDER the doc enclosed thingy.....so that was from warehouse.........bliddy things., hubby just said send em back honey youve got enough......[ i know i have BUt love the newer eye colours ]...men think 1 lippy & a pot of something & youre good to go.......well my bloke is anyway

Why not email them? I do this and usually get a very quick reply.

I'm sure they'll give you a full refund and a prepaid label.

Let us know how you get on.

I would email them ,too. I put a message on here the other day about problems I have had with returns,but a couple of emails have resulted in me getting full refunds in my account today. Go in to customer services on their home page and email from there-I asked if I needed to contact the CEO about my problem and I got a very quick response of 'not at all we will sort that out for you now.' I had a craft kit some years ago that had a large piece cut out of one of the 12 x12 papers. Customer services were adament back then it couldn't happen, but I have also recieved a coat with a tissue in the pocket. It looked brand new so if I had liked it I would have kept it anyway (as previously stated on here,when you buy a coat on the hugh street it may have been tried on several times before you buy it. Csometics,jewellery and toiletries are different-they have to be brand new!

disgusting and unhygenic, you could get any eye infection if someone has been dabbing a mucky brush into the make up. We are advised never to share mascara and indeed to replace it every few months for exactly this reason. Boots etc would never be allowed to get away with this ( hopefully) so tell them this. They are always banging on about how they are better than the highstreet, well if they are sending out used make up they are not!

Reading this thread has really annoyed me. I recently received a LG blushn brighten, and when I opened, the tips of the brush were pink, not the usual white, the container had blush on it and a little had been goughed out. I contacted CS who sent me a returns label, but then I dithered and finally started using the stuff.

Recently I ordered an Arran aromatics set. When I checked it, the tubes looked like they were only two thirds full, and the lip balm had a fingerprint in it. Because I had so much going on, I did not contact CS.

It was last clicks, but that does not justify sending out used tat.

I am now fired up to contact CS.

But I know CS will send me a returns label, and then more then likely send the set out to someone else! And I really wanted it...AND it's now out of stock!!!

Maybe mention in your email to qvc that you are absolutely horrified that they have sent you a well used makeup item.. Also, you are a member of a certain forum, so know its not a one off.. And finally, if it were to happen again, you'd report the matter to the relevant body.. Makes you wonder how many people just keep the used stuff, because they can't be bothered to send it back..

Post a comment on their Facebook page then anyone else who has experienced this can comment too. I would certainly post becasue I have received a used item (Leighton Denny kit) in the past.

I am really quite horrified by the apparent routine sending out of used items - one or two mentioned on a forum might be understandable, considering the amount of items they deal with & mistakes do occasionally happen in any company but not this many! I wonder how many it really is as I cannot help but feel that the ones mentioned on these forums are likely to be only the (very!) tip of the iceberg?

Latest posts

Back