Not to be rude..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lemonsqueezy

Nice 'n Easy...
but is anyone else sick and tired of how much airtime is give to the big skincare brands.

I think I have got the message now,without hearing the same old sales patter being repeated time after time.
Every brand makes the same claims...our products can give you plumper,glowing, younger firmer,dewy wrinkle reduced looking skin....but prices will vary!!

I don't know why they don't have a combined show and when one product is presented by a certain brand the other sales Reps pop up and show theirs and just say whatever he/she said ours does that as well but is 5 quid cheaper or whatever!

I don't want to see any more models stretched out on tables being pampered over and over again till they look red raw and conjested.
It's all about sales and money and I am not fooled at all.I still think if you eat well ,don't smoke or drink too much,cleanse and moisturise and above all have good genes it is not necessary to pay a fortune for skin care.

Apologies for the rant..I am a bit of a sour old Lemon today!!:doh:

I'm not even switching over to QVC today - its just wall to wall Elemis,by the look of the schedule.

Great if you love Elemis..................what if you don't??!!

It's not rude at all. I know what you mean! I am bored rigid on beauty days and certain brands plugged all the time! I just switch off now...

I hardly watch anymore and it has done my bank balance the world of good. No more impulse buys for me. Don't watch so no temptation.

Doesn't matter what the brand is it's all a load of bollox they spout anyway. :dull:

Keeley waffling on 19 to the dozen competing with Independent (my @rse!) Resident Beauty Expert with her endless references to nurses and school run and ml-for-ml-value has given me a migraine.

AY no longer champions the niche products from smaller brands because QVC don't. She's not as independant as she'd like us to think!

Jude xx

PS Disclaimer...I do not intend this post to offend:

People who waffle 19 to the dozen
People who find ref to my @rse offensive (fair do if you do)
Initials (esp those near the start and end of the alphabet)
Nurses
People with Nurse phobia
School run mums
People with a phobia of School, School run parking frustrations, and/or school run mums
People who hate the metric system of weights and measures
People with migraines, or who cause them in others
Champion the wonder horse
Nooks, crannies and niches.
Those present at the signing of the American declaration of independence; or who believe they should have been or have been regressed by ex-model Andrea and think they were there.

I don't watch or buy any of them.None of the guests who peddle the brands have beautiful, dewy skin or are youthful looking. If it doesn't work for them, how the heck is it supposed to work for me?
Akimbo is right too, AY is no longer an 'independent' beauty expert and much of her advice is questionable.

My pocket & my skin are happy with Boots Protect & Preserve range :up: so I don't really watch that much of the skincare shows but I do find it amusing :smirk: that every range is the next best thing etc. On days like today, the schedhule for just one range is :clock: way over the top for my liking. :sleepy:

My pocket & my skin are happy with Boots Protect & Preserve range :up: so I don't really watch that much of the skincare shows but I do find it amusing :smirk: that every range is the next best thing etc. On days like today, the schedhule for just one range is :clock: way over the top for my liking. :sleepy:

I'm a fan of protect and perfect too.

I agree that some ranges seem to get so much air time and unfortunately it always seems to feature the guests who could bore a glass eye to sleep!

I'm a fan of protect and perfect too.

I agree that some ranges seem to get so much air time and unfortunately it always seems to feature the guests who could bore a glass eye to sleep!

Interesting comparison, to buy Boots P&P - Day Cream, Night Cream and Eye Cream you would have to part with £64. Then you'd need to factor in the serum plus cleanser. Now I know the sizes of the pots are different, but it is debatable whether larger pots actually last any longer - it all depends upon the cream and the individual. For example, I used to use Creme De La Mer, and the 30ml pot would last me 6 months. I've used P&P and am lucky to get 3 months.

Looking at it this way, this Elemis TSV is in the same ball park price wise as Boots P&P - I'd say simply buy what suits your skin.

Interesting comparison, to buy Boots P&P - Day Cream, Night Cream and Eye Cream you would have to part with £64. Then you'd need to factor in the serum plus cleanser. Now I know the sizes of the pots are different, but it is debatable whether larger pots actually last any longer - it all depends upon the cream and the individual. For example, I used to use Creme De La Mer, and the 30ml pot would last me 6 months. I've used P&P and am lucky to get 3 months.

Looking at it this way, this Elemis TSV is in the same ball park price wise as Boots P&P - I'd say simply buy what suits your skin.

I wait until Boots have the 3 for 2 offers which they do on a regular basis and stock up then, plus I save the points. They also have the £5 off voucher deals which I use towards the radiance hot cloth cleanser .:sun:
I manage to get my mitts on Creme De La Mer occasionally and love it but it's a bit out of my price range.:blush:

Not for me, because I only use the day cream. I keep my skin routine simple!
I don't use or need night or eye creams or buy the cleanser and serums, and I buy my Boots on 3 for 2 or use my points.So it doesn't work out too expensive.
I agree buy what suits your skin... and as importantly your budget.

Not for me, because I only use the day cream. I keep my skin routine simple!
I don't use or need night or eye creams or buy the cleanser and serums, and I buy my Boots on 3 for 2 or use my points.So it doesn't work out too expensive.
I agree buy what suits your skin... and as importantly your budget.

The 3 for 2 are great deals :rock:

Well I like Elemis but I also like Decleor but whos best as Harry Hill says theres only 1 way to find out FIGHT!!!!!!!! imagine Keeley and Andrew charging at each other !!!!!! LOL

Well I like Elemis but I also like Decleor but whos best as Harry Hill says theres only 1 way to find out FIGHT!!!!!!!! imagine Keeley and Andrew charging at each other !!!!!! LOL

I reckon they should all go on Jeremy Kyle and do a lie detector...the results would be well,well ,well..interesting!:sweat:

Latest posts

Back