Oh dear, Peter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

so what was the big surprise at midnight ?

Tatt.

Rosa Benini binbags (sorry handbags), snoods. inflatable travel pillows, even worse tanzanite jewellery than previously seen and a kids 'piano keyboard' plastic mat that I think you put on the floor and walk on to play the notes.

It was a cavalcade of complete and utter rubbish, even by Bid's standards this was truly ZZZZ grade that could only be described as debris.

Last edited:
You know, I often wonder why our planet hasn't been visited by an intelligent alien species yet in search of new friends et al. Now I know why.

In all my time I have never seen a sober or healthy person behave in such a way.

I saw some really old clips from the original Bid Up TV on YouTube recently and he is barely recognisable to back then, both looks wise and behaviorally.

Something seriously appears amiss with this guy, the desperation is excruciating. His introduction of the assistant was an incoherent slur. One minute she was new, the next he had worked with her a few months ago and then he couldn't even remember her name. She couldn't have moved her face further to the side when he kissed her, the poor girl looked really uncomfortable.

I would probably feel sorry for him if he didn't misrepresent so many of the items he sells, he needs to go. As much as I cannot abide his lies I have a horrible feeling Bid will be the death of him and I wouldn't want that.

I completely agree with you. I genuinely think like you something is adrift with the whole scenario, which is sad. I don't want to put anyone down for the state of their health but I can't help think that his vulnerability is being used to mislead people. Surely there must be a meeting with presenters & production prior to going on air, in which they decide how to describe and sell the products, it is TV after all?!

I completely agree with you. I genuinely think like you something is adrift with the whole scenario, which is sad. I don't want to put anyone down for the state of their health but I can't help think that his vulnerability is being used to mislead people. Surely there must be a meeting with presenters & production prior to going on air, in which they decide how to describe and sell the products, it is TV after all?!

It would be quite a good ruse though wouldn't it?, putting all the 'errors' down to poor health.

Whatever the reason I don't think he is fit to be selling goods to the public but neither is Bid Shopping as a whole, in my opinion. Then again look at James Russell, he seems healthy enough (if not increasingly rotund) and the untruths just roll off his tongue, as conclusively proven yesterday with his Montine performance.

It would be quite a good ruse though wouldn't it?, putting all the 'errors' down to poor health.

Whatever the reason I don't think he is fit to be selling goods to the public but neither is Bid Shopping as a whole, in my opinion. Then again look at James Russell, he seems healthy enough (if not increasingly rotund) and the untruths just roll off his tongue, as conclusively proven yesterday with his Montine performance.

Maybe he's eating for two as well as his wife :giggle:

Maybe he's eating for two as well as his wife :giggle:

Ha Ha. He should really update the pictures on his website, and his agents website too as they might mislead people into thinking he is several stones lighter.

Then again maybe he dosen't care for such details, I couldn't comment.

Last edited:
Ha Ha. He should really update the pictures on his website, and his agents website too as they might mislead people into thinking he is around 5 stones lighter.

Then again maybe he dosen't care for such details, I couldn't comment.

Haha a bit like David Brent in the Office Xmas special a few years back, when he sent a pic of him as a wannabe pop star to a dating site. Speaking of The Office I think PS deffo gets my vote as the David Brent Bid equivalent :cool::nod::grin:

Another utterly shambolic introduction, yet again he forgot the assistants name.

I am glad he finds his monologue amusing but I doubt anybody else does, even the crew are silent when he does his ripoff Larry Grayson turn.

You're 30 years out of date Peter.

Latest posts

Back