Oh dear.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
After having such glowing service and speedy delivery on my last parcel, IW have been badly let down by Hermes. I've spent, literally, weeks making my mind up about whether or not to buy a tablet PC. Eventually I settled on the Corby Kyros as it had everything I needed at a price I could afford. Sadly, more than 2 weeks after ordering, it still hasn't showed up. Online tracking shows that it never even made it to the hub for processing.

I've contacted customer service several times but have yet to receive a personal reply to my queries so we shall see how this progresses. I accept things go wrong but I hope IW don't let themselves down now with poor backup to correct problems. I had wanted the tablet, but this puts me right off the whole thing so I'll just hope I can get my money back. That relies on someone actually getting in touch though!

You'd probably have bought it cheaper elsewhere with faster delivery. I paid £69.90 for a tablet they're charging £109.99 for.

Still no tablet and still no contact from customer services. It's getting so long now that my second flexi-pay will be due soon. Who is the current bod we can email and try and get something done?

Perhaps I've been lucky with IW so far, but this is putting me right off buying with them. I'm not worried it got lost or stolen, sh*t happens, but I would like customer services to actually give me some service. The tablet is long gone, I just want a refund.

Still no tablet and still no contact from customer services. It's getting so long now that my second flexi-pay will be due soon. Who is the current bod we can email and try and get something done?

Perhaps I've been lucky with IW so far, but this is putting me right off buying with them. I'm not worried it got lost or stolen, sh*t happens, but I would like customer services to actually give me some service. The tablet is long gone, I just want a refund.

I had a major problem with a refund was waiting ages, customer services were useless (premium rate number) and kept you waiting ages, in the end I just keep posting on their facebook page, and got a refund straight away. Good luck x

Try [email protected] - I have found him very helpful. Hope you get everything sorted sooner rather than later as I have personal experience at how long these things can take!

I have always been pleased with my ideal purchases. when I get them, they do take awhile and call centre isnt the best but they do try, they are not complacent like the other leading channel.

Ideal World are good until a problem arises. Then they are appalling!! Dreadful customer service!! I don't know how they are able to get away with it. Hope you get it sorted soon Moth.

I know it sounds OTT perhaps, but why does everyone keep trusting them? If you KNEW there was a hairdresser in the town who 3times out of 6 actually botched a customers hair so so badly they had to call a solicitor, why would you suddenly think "aha, a good offer, they'll not botch MY hair" ?? Always puzzled me.

I know it sounds OTT perhaps, but why does everyone keep trusting them? If you KNEW there was a hairdresser in the town who 3times out of 6 actually botched a customers hair so so badly they had to call a solicitor, why would you suddenly think "aha, a good offer, they'll not botch MY hair" ?? Always puzzled me.

I guess it's a case of learning the hard way? To be fair to IW, we've never had this problem with them before. We have had problems, of course, but they've been sorted out more swiftly than this.

Although, today, I have actually had some joy. A phone call from a real actual person here in the UK checking some details and letting me know that it's being worked on. I doubt I'll get the parcel now but as long as I get a refund, I'll be satisfied. My only concern is if the courier claims it's been delivered as we are never asked to sign for parcels. Although the IW guy confirmed that he could see the tracking information shows the parcel never got through Hermes' main hub.

I have a 10inch Yarvik and it's OK. Been using it for about 3 months. The only problem I have is if it goes onto standby sometimes I have to close the wireless connection and launch it again to use the internet. It does not have the play market place on it but I use other tablets for apps. I mainly use it for internet shopping and ST.com.
There is a workaround on the Yarvik site to get play marketplace but I haven't bothered with it

I posted a message to Facebook and then emailed everyone I could get an address for. In the early afternoon I received a 'phone call from a nice chap at IW asking to confirm the details of the order etc and he went off to see what he could find out. After a couple of hours he called me back and confirmed that the courier had declared the parcel lost. I knew that already really but now that they'd told him directly he was at least able to authorise the refund of what I'd paid. Shame really as I'd preferred to keep the tablet - it's out of stock - but at least it was sorted out quickly once they took hold of the problem. Now I'm just waiting for that refund to get to the bank :)

The fault lies with the courier for losing it but it's a shame it took so long to get CS to respond.

Learning the hard way I guess, which is what has been happening. After IW eventually managed to refund me for the lost item, I saw another a few days later. This was the GoClever tablet, with the TV and GPS etc. and at a good price (for once). It was actually perfect for my needs so I went ahead and ordered. It arrived relatively quickly in the end too, but, when it did get here, the screen was cracked. I couldn't believe it after all the previous fuss. Back on the phone and I got a label sent out to cover the return. It took a few days to get back and now it's sat for three days with apparently no action. I emailed and asked if it was possible to have one reserved before it went out of stock, but, surprise surprise, no reply to that. I phoned again today and no one really seems to know what's going on. It's not in stock now, so I doubt I'll be getting that, so I just want my refund quickly.

I don't care how good a tablet and price shows up now, there is no way I will be ordering from IW. I appreciate the problems with the devices weren't their fault directly, but the lack of customer care is what has put me off.

Pro tip for IW - if a customer phones and tells you they've received a faulty item and want it replaced, put one on hold immediately so it's there to be sent out when the broken one arrives back in your warehouse. How difficult would it be? Why should I be the loser while you sort out mistakes? Once the courier has it back, that should be enough for you to have sent out a replacement.

I am *NOT* at all happy. It's a shame TFTT couldn't answer questions about business aspects other than floor management. I would love to know why your post sales customer care is so bad.

Latest posts

Back