One-hit wonders!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't know about one hit wonders, but there are some "been and gone, never to return" (I hope). The fung shui lady and her green purses, lucky cats and other stuff sticks in my mind. She used to rile quite a lot of people with some of the claims she used to make about the items she was flogging.

The more recent copper coloured pan launched by an extremely shouty American chef.

There are also some one hit wonder guests. There was the first "celebrity" NutriNinja guest (they'd had him on selling one of his books), he ousted Jilly Jones and was very nervous, surprisingly. In short order he was replaced by Caroline Sandry.

I don't know about one hit wonders, but there are some "been and gone, never to return" (I hope). The fung shui lady and her green purses, lucky cats and other stuff sticks in my mind. She used to rile quite a lot of people with some of the claims she used to make about the items she was flogging.

The more recent copper coloured pan launched by an extremely shouty American chef.

There are also some one hit wonder guests. There was the first "celebrity" NutriNinja guest (they'd had him on selling one of his books), he ousted Jilly Jones and was very nervous, surprisingly. In short order he was replaced by Caroline Sandry.

Oh yes I remember that Fung Shui tat peddled by Sarah Shurety. I don't think anyone has ever spouted more bollocks on QVC than her. I actually wrote and complained to QVC about her unsubstantiated claims and quoted their own T&Cs at them, and send a copy to the ASA.

What about all that Kirk's Folly tat. I could never quite decide whether batty old Jennifer and her fairy dust was harmless fun or cynical targeting of sad, vulnerable, gullible older women. Still, it got dropped.

What about all that Kirk's Folly tat. I could never quite decide whether batty old Jennifer and her fairy dust was harmless fun or cynical targeting of sad, vulnerable, gullible older women. Still, it got dropped.

Yet there are regular posts on FB begging for it to return!! Personally I found her creepy

Not for me at all but anyone interested there are always on eBay

There was the Stylee which had the added 'advantage' of giving you the look of an extreme facelift as well as tying up your hair.

Latest posts

Back