Profile Thumbnail

Sophie Darby​

Birmingham, United Kingdom

Highlighted Media​

View All Media ›

Websites/Social Media​

FacebookInstagramLinkedIn

About Me​

Hi! We are in the current Intu Merry Hill Christmas advert and have proficient gimbal camera for self shooting at home.
I'm Sophie, 33 and mother to an amazing little 5 year old girl.
We have both done paid modelling work as mother and daughter and experience includes filming for Shopping Centres new play area. Jasmine takes great direction and acts.
🙄🤦‍♀️

Clearly QVC have dumbed down on their employees being mature, and adult with 'presenter' experience, their criteria is now an Instagram account, be a show-off, have a loud mouth, an ability to strangulate the English language and your home and dry !

I wonder if some of the 'older' presenters are seeing the writing on the wall, with Charlie and Dale not appearing so much, Ali Keenan on a 3 month absence, Julia limiting her appearances, and Craig taking work elsewhere.

Clearly QVC have dumbed down on their employees being mature, and adult with 'presenter' experience, their criteria is now an Instagram account, be a show-off, have a loud mouth, an ability to strangulate the English language and your home and dry !

I wonder if some of the 'older' presenters are seeing the writing on the wall, with Charlie and Dale not appearing so much, Ali Keenan on a 3 month absence, Julia limiting her appearances, and Craig taking work elsewhere.
Just a question, but weren't the "older" presenters "younger" presenters when they first started with Q but have just stayed there? I guess it's the same in any job, despite "ageism" being a thing, many employers would rather take on someone who's young, can possibly give them many years of service and can be moulded into the right shape so to speak. Of course experience counts for something, so a lot of the presenters who don't fall into the young category have been on the shopping tv circuit for quite a few years. Let's face it should Q do an open audition for a new presenter, and older, less manic contender is going to be overlooked in favour of an instagrammable youngster who comes in like a whirlwind. It doesn't matter how much "homework" the older person has done, how calm or professional they come across, they'll struggle to get the gig, and it's a shame.

Why is Ali Keenan absent for 3 months?

She posted the reason for her absence at the end of her blog on the 11th May. It can be found in the “meet the presenters” section on the QVC website.

The current 'older' presenters were of course younger when they first started with Q, BUT not THAT young. Even taking into account that a lot are in their 50's and rocking into their 60's, they would be in their 30s and 40's when starting out - with most having a wealth of tv experience beforehand. Ali K was a tv presenter in the Midlands, Julia R was in adverts and quiz shows, and Debbie Greenwood did radio and tv, although I agree, I don't know how being a dental nurse - Chunts, or song writer - Pippa fits into being a selly telly presenter. Whatever, this current crop of presenters and BAs are ok for their own demographic, but in the end they are trying to sell to their mothers and grandmothers age group.

Warning to QVC. Many of your loyal customers are above 30 years old and have been with you from the start. We're still buying, maybe less than before. However, if you go down the trendy/woke/diverse/young shouty presenter route you will be heading for a fall. The products you sell will not match the presenters you employ and that will generate zero interest or customers. How many 20 somethings will want to buy Cozee Home bedding? How many want to buy frumpy polyester clothes? How many want to buy Vionic footwear instead of killer heels? Beware the monster you are creating because you may well become an empty shed.

CC

Where's Ali K gone Brissles? Thought that I hadn't seen her around for a while!

Oops. Please ignore previous post!! Just read through others posts!

Q appear to be confused and/or delusional about their customers. Frankly, I don't watch or buy anymore. I had trouble with the 'old crowd' of presenters, finding most unwatchable, so what the Instagram-friendly newbies are like, I dread to think.
Q's core audience is surely middle-aged and older, so why try to be youth-orientated, that's only going to turn off the few people still left watching.
Seems to be extraordinarily easy to get a TV gig these days: just be a loud exhibitionist and Bob's your Uncle, or possibly your non-binary Aunt.

God yes👎

I thought that too. I think possibly Charlie has had his knee op and is recovering.

Ewww! JJ less seen the better imao. He must be hard of hearing that laugh is dire😬
Yes, it's the so called 'drain' laugh. She and the Nina Leonard BA laugh in the same way. I don't know how a sex maniac laughs, but I should think it's similar. Joking, of course!!

Haven't seen Ali Keenan in a while either - no doubt off somewhere mega hot, so her leathery tan will be topped up.
She says she uses Ultrasun, but I think the sun damage on her skin is too far gone for it to help much.

Maybe the regulars have saved holiday for now ..?
You're most likely right, Strato. Their gig at QVC is a good one, but they must need 'mental health' time off occasionally.

Meet Sophie, BA for HP with tonight's TSV. I've a funny feeling she could be a new presenter. She has all the credentials rather shouty,full of beans and available. Watch this space😬
Profile Thumbnail

Sophie Darby​

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Female
Why do we need more presenters?

I don't know for sure, but many presenters have had previous jobs in radio. Maybe they do voice overs for TV ads. I'm sorry if Charlie has gone because sometimes he made me laugh, especially when he said he would like to have Jacqie Joseph's laugh as the ring tone on his cell phone.
He was on recently doing Lola Rose with Anna Green.

Haven't seen Ali Keenan in a while either - no doubt off somewhere mega hot, so her leathery tan will be topped up.
Arent they only one once every few weeks. Last time I saw her was a Marla TSV and Diamonique.

She always looks a mess when she comes back from holiday, who wants their skin black?

Latest posts

Back