Oversized

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grizelda

ShoppingTelly Supporter
The line of fashion, something, something Copenhagen is quite expensive compared to some other brands at QVC, but they make up for the price by using what seems to be yards of fabric. Big, oversized tops and dresses. Puffed, voluminous sleeves on some of them. If this is the trend, I don't think anyone can pull it off, no matter their size. The BA said the styles are timeless and ageless. I disagree.

The line of fashion, something, something Copenhagen is quite expensive compared to some other brands at QVC, but they make up for the price by using what seems to be yards of fabric. Big, oversized tops and dresses. Puffed, voluminous sleeves on some of them. If this is the trend, I don't think anyone can pull it off, no matter their size. The BA said the styles are timeless and ageless. I disagree.

Go on, you know you’re hankering after this for £104 plus P&P ;)

IMG_4541.jpeg

“Don’t let this find get away …”. In other words, don’t stand in a strong wind or you might take off.

I am not skinny thin by any means but I cannot get away with these oversized garments. I just look like someone who is wearing several sizes too big.Larger ladies might think they are a saviour but they often look like a ship in full sale.Maybe it is just I don’t like the look but rarely see anyone where I think ‘that looks good’.

I think their market is for larger sizes as they always seem to sell out first. Never seen anything I'd wear but then i haven't bought clothes off Q for quite a while and I used to buy loads.

CC

This 'stuff' is too long to wear as a tunic and too short to wear as a frock. QVC are under an illusion that their target audience is under 30 - wrong. Few over that age want to show off their knees, and this 'stuff' worn with leggings is the domain of pantomimes. Large ladies would look evern larger, and smaller gals would look like a character in "whatever happened to Baby Jane" !!!!

One of the models wearing a Frank Usher deeply discounted garment, something between a short dress and a long tunic, was so full of static that it was sticking to her bum and clinging between her legs at the back. No wonder it was marked down. Polyester and viscose - the two cheapest textiles that can be produced.
I’ve noticed that with a few Frank Usher dresses. There was one some time ago ( I commented about it on a thread at the time) it was so embarrassingly bad, that Debbie Flint told the model to go and change, and the next model came out with it unbuttoned and worn as a duster coat. June was wittering away, totally unaware!

Go on, you know you’re hankering after this for £104 plus P&P ;)

View attachment 26445

“Don’t let this find get away …”. In other words, don’t stand in a strong wind or you might take off.
Reminds me of maternity dresses Mum wore when she was expecting my brother. Mini skirts were in and Mum wore them with “flatties”, leather ballerina pumps.

My brother turned 60 this year 🤣🤣🤣

Latest posts

Back