P & P costs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am very careful about what I buy, the Decleor sets I bought yesterday couldn't be bought cheaper elsewhere.

I don't think P&P is to cover the MBG. Other places offer MBGs of the same terms and still offer free P&P. Although I am sure that the excess £2 or £3 to send a lipstick overs the loss they make in only charging something like £7.99 to send a 40" TV set.

I bought three Decleor products yesterday and none of them from QVC. Even with the free P&P there were still better deals to be had elsewhere online.

Hi all!

Newbie here. Sorry to jump in like this...Have been enjoying QVC forum for few months now, but thought I might add on this thread. In the beginning of my shopping with QVC (5-6 years ago) I had a phone call from them asking me about my shopping and viewing habits, etc. They also asked at the end if there is any way that QVC can improve on their services. My reply to that was: yes, with the postage and packing, and delivery times. (Fanny how at the time I didn't realise that other people were with the same idea, long live the free speech on this forum!)
I got a very defensive answer from the male QVC researcher, to which I reiterated that their p&p prices are extortionate, higher than anywhere else, considering the very slow delivery times. I also suggested that they should combine prices for shipping on multiple orders. He said he will pass this on to management, but 5 years down the line I somehow think they didn't like my suggestions :wonder:.

On the subject of them using the high p&p charges to offset for returns and MBG, I believe is not the case, as I have heard Alison on few occasions in the past saying how the vendors are responsible for reimbursing the price for returned goods to QVC and that's why brands that are not confident that their products are effective enough to pass the shoppers scrutiny, don't even join QVC under these terms. So QVC does not loose out on the returns at all! It seems that the customers are robbed, vendors put upon and QVC...well, they seem to have got the best deal!

I bought loads over the weekend because there were no p+p on decleor or gale hayman. I wouldn't normally have bought so much decleor because of the high p+p, sometimes just as cheap to pop into town to department store, but went a bit OTT and ordered loads. Now I'm sitting here waiting in eager anticipation for the postman coming !!!! I've been on holiday for a couple of weeks and had withdrawal symptoms from QVC so that didn't help on my first day back there was a Decleor TSV - oooops :clapping:

I always add the p&p to the price of the item I want and only buy if its cheaper than I can get it from elsewhere.

For example we have just ordered a solar powered water feature and the cost including p&p was still £20 cheaper than I'd seen the same one selling for at my local garden centre and also on other websites.

I don't think that the exorbitant p&p charges go towards the 30 day mbg I think it goes towards the cost of the item your buying.

I always always now check e-bay before I buy from Q these days. Sometimes Q can't be beaten but other times it can and very comptetively so.

My old handbag gave up the ghost last week after years of loyal service :wink: and I decided I'd like to try a Tignanello one. I found one on Q for about £70 with £5 p&p. Quickly went to e-bay, found the exact same bag, brand new with tags for £44 and £3 p&p! That's a whopping saving in my book - on the price itself and the postage...

Insult to injury.

Last month an item went missing, refund went into my account OK.
However, I saw the P&P had not been refunded, needless to say I was straight onto customer services.
Did you know it's "policy" not to refund the P&P when the item goes missing?
I have to admit, untill I was informed otherwise, not for a moment did I think it was anything but a mistake!
It is bad enough that the P&P are already high but to have to pay for QVCs non delivery is.
Insult to injury!!!

the P & P is a killer...a few years back I ordered a Northern Nights featherbed - I'd had one before and been happy with it so felt quite confident. However, the second one didn't even fit the bed...it was about 4" too narrow and 4" too short - I took photos of it on the bed, showing it obviously didn't fit, and enclosed them in the box when I returned it. P & P was around £8 - of course they didn't refund it and I rang CS - was arguing the toss for ages with a girl who kept having to ask someone else, but when I said that "the goods weren't as advertised.." I got my refund...well in my opinion it wasn't as advertised - it was said to be a double bed size but it certainly wasn't and my bed is a standard 4'6" - whey do they use on the demos I wonder, a 4' wide one?

On a happier note, I treated myself to some Gale Hayman foundation yesterday - not tried it before so hoping it will be ok - said to be two for the price of one, and no P & P - sheer bliss!

Latest posts

Back