Packaging quality control.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
(mum writes)

I'm livid!

I purchased a Jackie Kennedy necklace for my sister's birthday, this week. I was happy when the postman dropped it off today as it has arrived in time, for once. Then I opened it. The Kamrose and Cross rep on air is proud of the fact that his pieces come presented in a plush box and all contain the certificate to show where it has come from and so on.

I wonder how he would explain why mine showed up bundled into an anonymous black pouch which was just shoved into a padded envelope? I'm pretty sure it's because it's one that has been returned by another customer as I'd expect they arrive at QVC already packed into their gift boxes. QVC can't send a replacement box and certificate, so I assume this must be the case. How else would they have been parted in the first place? The presentation is the whole point - it explains what the piece is and where it came from. How could anybody in the QVC warehouse just send something out like that? Doesn't anybody actually monitor what happens there? CS were helpful enough but couldn't do anymore than wait for me to return this and then send a replacement. I don't suppose this will happen in time for sister's birthday now but I'm going to carry on because the necklace itself is actually a lovely piece of jewellery. I did contemplate having it sent directly to her but I'm bliddy glad I didn't! How embarrassed would I have been when it showed up with absolutely no clue as to what it is?

I'm going to also write directly to K&C and let them know just how badly QVC are treating their products. I hope someone there would care about it more than QVC seem to. Shame on you QVC. You keep banging on about quality and presentation. Where?

Thats really sad.I love the guest on that show and I truly think he'd be mortified,to think the products were being sent out like that.

It does seem as though its a return doesn't it:angry:

That's disgraceful. Made all the worse for the fact that you wanted it for a special occasion.

QVC just don't seem to be the same company any more. They seem to care less and less about their customers. You would think that with their ridiculous p&p charges they'd at least quality check what goes out.

It's not like they can say that this is an isolated incident and it just "slipped through the net" as we have all read enough stories on here to know that that's no longer true.

I hope you get a proper replacement soon. X

That's disgraceful. Made all the worse for the fact that you wanted it for a special occasion.

QVC just don't seem to be the same company any more. They seem to care less and less about their customers. You would think that with their ridiculous p&p charges they'd at least quality check what goes out.It's not like they can say that this is an isolated incident and it just "slipped through the net" as we have all read enough stories on here to know that that's no longer true.

They don't care, and won't unless and until they see a fall in profits or failure to hit increasing targets levied by head office.

what a terrible experience. i hope everyone at QVC towers i reading this (and we all know you do) feels suitably embarrassed at the shoddiness of their service and maybe if one of them has a pair of balls they'll actually flag it to someone.

It seems that someone might actually be reading these after all! I've just checked my account online and the one I sent back yesterday has already been marked as exchanged and the replacement item is now in process. That has to be the speediest service I've ever seen and my gast was flabbered when I saw! I'll be happier when it's actually in my hands, but I must give QVC a thumbs up so far for speed. Unless it never shows up then I'll give them merry hell :D

It seems that someone might actually be reading these after all! I've just checked my account online and the one I sent back yesterday has already been marked as exchanged and the replacement item is now in process. That has to be the speediest service I've ever seen and my gast was flabbered when I saw! I'll be happier when it's actually in my hands, but I must give QVC a thumbs up so far for speed. Unless it never shows up then I'll give them merry hell :D

Don't celebrate too quickly just wait till you literally actually get the blue faux velvet box and all the correct paper work in your hands.
You never know if it's a popular piece could be another return, but fingers crossed not.
Do hope all ends well, let us know how you get on.

what a terrible experience. i hope everyone at QVC towers i reading this (and we all know you do) feels suitably embarrassed at the shoddiness of their service and maybe if one of them has a pair of balls they'll actually flag it to someone.

That'll be YOU, Claire Sutton! :devil:

TBH, I would still tear a strip off them: according to the presenters, we pay extortionate P&P for the fabulous call centre and warehouse/despatch staff.

Also, as stated these items are supposed to be delivered in the collection's gift boxes, along with the explanatory pamphlet; you shouldn't get speedy and exceptional service when you complain - you should be getting this from when you place your order.

Bad show, QVC.

Taking of boxing was no one else shocked that they rolled out, showing new boxing for the outlet shows yesterday ?
Saying that QVC on the 1st June, changed to taupe jewellery boxes and drawstring bags.
Heard them say all the clearance would be coming out in their new range.
I'd be interested to hear if in fact Liverpool send out all the jewellery now in the updated packing including the sale stuff.

So note to QVC please don't resend out any returns in black boxes as we'll know they are returns and in any case are in the wrong boxes. :devil:

We are watching you ..............:wonder:

I ordered something off 'Last Clicks' a few days ago and received it in the new look taupe box. It was a Southwestern Silver piece which did not come in the turquoise cardboard box. My SWS orders seem to come in other boxes more often than in the SWS gift boxes. I hope that the new taupe boxes are a little more eco friendly ... I don't need a box with each purchase. Wish that we could tick a box to say please send without a box (but safely so that the item arrives in 'mint' condition). Much prefer the various pouches and bubblbe wrap as they take up less space and seem to protect the item just fine. At least my first Lola Rose purchase came that way and was ok. I'm sure that very expensive items could be the exception.

QVC just don't seem to be the same company any more. They seem to care less and less about their customers. You would think that with their ridiculous p&p charges they'd at least quality check what goes out.It's not like they can say that this is an isolated incident and it just "slipped through the net" as we have all read enough stories on here to know that that's no longer true.

I had the electric wok arrive the other day and inside was a sticker saying:

"This product was opened as part of the QVC quality assurance inspection program. Your product was randomly selected and inspected to ensure that it meets QVC quality assurance standards".

I must admit to being quite surprised when I read that but it can only be a good thing if this is the case.

(mum writes)

Well, it seems the optimism about the good service received in the replacement of this one was premature.

Last week, I received an automated phone call from QVC telling me that the replacement order had been despatched. Great, I thought it had been done nice and quickly and I'll have it in time for when I need it. Cue this morning, the postman has come and gone and I'm still wondering where the necklace is, so I chanced a phone call to CS just to make sure what was going on. Guess what, the bliddy thing hasn't even been despatched after all. Because I had a replacement item on hold pending receipt of the return, which was the next day via special delivery, they can't just credit the returned order and put that payment on the new one. So it's just sat there for 4 days with nobody doing anything about it. I feel sorry for the lady who answered the phone to me this morning because I lost my rag with her big time. I know it's not her fault, but she was the face of QVC on the phone and got the wrath. After much wrangling, we got it down to placing a new order with express delivery which I hope will be here by Friday. That's too late really but not so late that I can't deal with it. At first, nothing was offered but the usual "wait 3 to 5 working days" crap. There was no way I was going to do that. I had also asked to speak to a manager, was put on hold for a moment, and then told that no one was available. They could call me back in an hour or I could wait on hold for up to an hour! I was incensed. I asked what do they do - long coffee breaks? and she said it might be they were in a meeting. A likely story. I've worked in places like this before. It's common practice to put a customer on hold for a bit and then just ask staff around you "who wants to be a manager today?" and just put them onto any other random person calling themselves manager.

I can't believe that a company as big and supposedly good as QVC can't just simply replace one order for another. I appreciate that I don't know their internal systems, but they can't be very good can they? It's a simple enough request after all. It makes me wonder what would have happened if I didn't call - would the order just sit there doing nothing? Would finance ever have gotten their thumbs out of their a***s and actually applied the credit correctly? No, probably not.

QVC, we know you read, and you're a complete let down. There's no way on Earth I'd trust anything important to you again. I would have been happy just to receive the spare box, but even that wasn't possible. Normally, a box wouldn't even be necessary, but I was paying for the authenticity of this item and getting it delivered in an anonymous pouch wasn't good enough. Just suppose that I had sent this to my sister directly. How would she have felt just receiving it like that? The meaning is in the accessories that come with it. I know it's all mundane, given the state of the world today, but this has made me feel ill with frustration, especially as they bang on and on about how good their service is.

:devil:

I'm so sorry the necklace for your sister hasn't been processed correctly as yet.
You seemed to be pleased Q had it all sorted, now to find out it hadn't even been replaced and dispatched, is so disgraceful.
The trouble is there's not the personal service, that they would have you believe on the TV.
When people ring in live, it's oh we will put you though to the gallery and they will take your details, to help you out.
At the end of the day it's just someone in the warehouse putting something in a packet/box and being sent out.
There's lots of things Q do wrong including ending up with completely the wrong item.
In your case they won't promise to have someone over see your order, ensuring your replacement is the correct item with all the necessary packing and is quickly sent.
So at the end of the day with any urgent replacement dispatches your left awaiting their arrival, hoping all is in order and correct.
I do hope you manage to have the necklace in time for your sister's birthday, come the day it's all been worth it and your both really happy. :cake:

Keep us updated.

:sun:

Still "in process". Chances of it being here by Friday? Pretty much nil I reckon. I'm certainly not holding my breath. If it doesn't, sparks will fly.

Moth's mum should put this little episode on Q's facebook page.

any company with any kind of understanding of customer service would have been in touch with you via Graham (with your consent of course) and got this sorted personally.

QVC: over 1000 people have read this thread so far and youre doing nothing to try and redress the bad publicity. you are fools.

Last edited:
Still "in process". Chances of it being here by Friday? Pretty much nil I reckon. I'm certainly not holding my breath. If it doesn't, sparks will fly.

:angry:

I do hope your not being charged for Special Delivery post, and they are refunding all postage costs incured.
Fingers crossed if dispatched at the latest by Thursday's post, it's with you before 1pm Friday.
Shouldn't jewellery be sent Royal Mail Special Delivery anyway as not covered for loss by them if that service isn't used.

(mum writes)

Thanks everyone for your replies. Still not here as of Thursday but there's another day to go yet! I had no idea that many people had read the thread :O And I'm not on Facebook but my son handles the computer for me as I'm not able to because of illness, and he's suggested it might be worth creating an account just to post this!

Also, QVC said that the express service would be "free of charge". It better bloomin' had be. If they do try and charge me for it, well, I don't know what I'll do, but they won't like it! >:)

Oooh, update! Sod's law, the moment I posted my reply above, the door buzzed and it's been delivered!! Ok, so thanks and well done to QVC for getting in sorted in the end, and actually a little bit sooner than expected, but I could have done without the aggro!

Also, the presentation as it is now is superb - plush original Camrose and Kross gift box with the all the cards and certificate as expected. It proves that the one I was sent was someone else's return though, as this one has little plastic covers over all the crystals and the original one I had didn't.

For QVC, who I'm sure read and must know who I am now, pass my thanks to whoever it was I spoke to, and lost my temper with, originally. It's nice for someone there to actually do what they say they will! Sad that the company's "higher ups" treat these matters with such low regard.

Happy now :)

Latest posts

Back