Perfect for now

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

....to add to that wtf has pink clothing got to do with the Barbie movie? You're not selling clothes to kids Q, so why does every presenter feel the need to mention it if there's even the tiniest hint of pink in a garment? "It's all the rage now because of a certain movie" - NO IT BLIDDY ISN'T!!!!
It's the "pretty woman" effect all over again. To this day as soon as anything that's any shade of brown and has white or cream polka dots they mention the 1990 film!

Well you say that, but I for one am fully expecting a pink Barbie explosion on Strictly Come Dancing, either as a group extravaganza or an option in movie week. Still it will make a change from grown women going into raptures about the chance of enacting a Disney heroine I guess. I’m usually close to throwing up when all that starts.

Has anyone else noticed the phrase "perfect for now" used in nearly every show? Also there's "new for you" What's wrong with just saying "new"? I'm guessing somebody's been paid for these unnecessary catchphrases.

I think they are just making a distinction here. You have to remember, this is QVC.

”New” means as received from the manufacturer - ie beauty products never opened or tried, clothing never worn to an event by someone who didn’t use deodorant, or bags never carried on a day out and filled with someone’s personal belongings (tissues, tea bags and the like).

“New for you” describes something which may have been received by somebody else when “new”, but they returned it (in a no longer “new” condition, as per examples above) and now it’s going out to another customer - you. So it will be “new for you“. Otherwise known as “second hand”.

Last edited:
Bright pink and vivid green didn't show up during the Paris fashion week. So, they're going out of style. The charity shops will be full of clothes in these colours next year.

I think they are just making a distinction here. You have to remember, this is QVC.

”New” means as received from the manufacturer - ie beauty products never opened or tried, clothing never worn to an event by someone who didn’t use deodorant, or bags never carried on a day out and filled with someone’s personal belongings (tissues, tea bags and the like).

“New for you” describes something which may have been received by somebody else when “new”, but they returned it (in a no longer “new” condition, as per examples above) and now it’s going out to another customer - you. So it will be “new to you“. Otherwise known as “second hand”.
That's a interesting insight, AndiK. Will all the 'new' clothes and accessories be described like this, do you think?

…..

That's a interesting insight, AndiK. Will all the 'new' clothes and accessories be described like this, do you think?
Well, I don’t think the presenters will be explaining this in any detail on air any time soon. I would write to them, suggesting they have a disclaimer under every item on the website, but of course they won’t do it because they insist QVC never send out returns 🤨

Has anyone else noticed the phrase "perfect for now" used in nearly every show? Also there's "new for you" What's wrong with just saying "new"? I'm guessing somebody's been paid for these unnecessary catchphrases.
A couple of gremlins sat at a computer thinking up new and useless phrases to spout.

The psychology of sales… if you talk to a customer about “your new X will make doing Y so much easier” it has the prospective customer thinking about owning the item in a way that makes the purchase easier to achieve. It’s part of a technique called the assumption close.

I sell one product online the uptake in "pink" related products of any kind over the past few weeks is frankly amazing but is definitely a thing

Pink is usually the 6 or 7 out 8 best seller this weekend basically the only colour that sold

And the product has absolutely nothing to do with Barbie in any way shape or form or could ever be mistaken as such

Latest posts

Back