Perfect Formula

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi Mam, the dent in my nails appeared as the nail grew, just above the half moon. I remember thinking it was strange because it was on every nail. As my nails grew, which they did quite strongly, I continued to use the formula that was recommended once you were happy with the strength of your nail (I can't remember which number it was now). As the dip got to the clear edge of my nail it just broke off! When I looked at them under a magnifying glass (I know - paranoid or what!) I noticed that there was now a series of dents going all the way back down to the half moon. I stopped using the formula immediately but it has taken quite a while for the dented part of my nail to grow out completely.

I still suffer with very weak peeling nails, but after reading everything here I am wondering if it due more to underlying health problems, maybe anaemia. I am still using the 'Hoof and Mane' cream though, but I think I will try and get an appointment with my GP (not sure how long that will take though).

I have been reading this thread with interest.
I know I have several long term health problems which I am beginning to think that this may be why I am having such problems with my nails. I have been taking a Boots "nail,hair and skin" supplement for about 10 weeks now and so far I haven't noticed any change in my nails, but I do realize that it must take weeks if not months for any change to become evident in my nails so I am going to carry on with them for another 90 days along with massaging my nails and cuticles with Jojoba oil as and when I remember but at least 3 times a day, I am also trying to remember to wear rubber gloves when doing the washing up and the house work.
I will let you know how this works out long term, I am not looking for my nails to grow into talons but I would like to get rid of the flaking splitting nails as they are so unsightly and can be uncomfortable as well..
The things we do for the sake of our nails.

http://www.mavala.co.uk/nails/nail-products/mavala-scientifique This is the one I used. It's very watery and smells like washing up liquid, but worked like nothing I'd ever tried before. Good luck if you try it and give it enough time to work as my nails were like new after six weeks - and I was about to give up!

Had a look at the ingredients on a bottle of this in the chemist, and it had formaldehyde as the second ingredient. Is obviously personal choice whether you use something with formaldehyde in it, but people should be aware that the World Health Organisation classifies formaldehyde as a human carcinogen.

Had a look at the ingredients on a bottle of this in the chemist, and it had formaldehyde as the second ingredient. Is obviously personal choice whether you use something with formaldehyde in it, but people should be aware that the World Health Organisation classifies formaldehyde as a human carcinogen.

I normally avoid anything with formaldehyde like the plague, but was desperate - I used it for just over a month and only on the free edge, so justified it's use to myself. Nail Envy, Seche Vite etc., I refuse to use as they also contain it and are used all over the nail and could come into frequent contact with skin. the instructions for Scientifique are clear not to use on the body of the nail or on the skin.

Buttercorn - I know that psoriasis on the nails causes pitting. Try Googling it for images to compare.

Hi everyone, another day, another flaked nail.

Oh dear, I really guess the nail treatment depends on the person. It's like we've said before, what suits one doesn't suit another. However having said that, reading everyone elses experiences does help me to make a decision as to what to maybe try and what to steer clear of. I think that although the Mavala does contain formaldyhide, it is supposed to be used just on the grown tip of the nail (if you have a grown tip of course). So I may try this for a while and see how it goes.

I hope all of us that are trying different remedies for our nails, will keep updating this thread, as I find it really helpful. Thanks everyone. Have a great weekend and keep wearing the rubber gloves (only for washing up though!!!!!) xoxo Jaki.

Back at normal price now. :(

I like the perfect formula brand. I use it after an RCM manicure has been removed to put the strength back in my own nails (though the RCM makes my nails very strong when its actually on the nail).

I got the Perfect Formula TSV with the pink, the clear, the Taupe and the baby pink and it's really good.

Update: I am thrilled with result. Had meds adjusted only very recently so know that the improvement in my nails strength is down to Perfect Formula. Didn't like the pink gel to start with but kids in school did! Like the clear but the taupe and powder pink colours just don't sit right on my nails, ho hum! I have length, strength and great improvement in appearance. I buff and this has also helped with the ridges. If a nail breaks it is not disastrous, before it would have needed cutting to the shortest length, but now find they can be filed and, fabulously, saved yayyyy! Never had this before, ever.

Update: I am thrilled with result. Had meds adjusted only very recently so know that the improvement in my nails strength is down to Perfect Formula. Didn't like the pink gel to start with but kids in school did! Like the clear but the taupe and powder pink colours just don't sit right on my nails, ho hum! I have length, strength and great improvement in appearance. I buff and this has also helped with the ridges. If a nail breaks it is not disastrous, before it would have needed cutting to the shortest length, but now find they can be filed and, fabulously, saved yayyyy! Never had this before, ever.

Hi, so pleased you have sorted your problem. I know it may sound a bit daft, but I find that if my hair and nails are good, I feel totally different. Even though I may be overweight, too short and getting old if I am happy with my hair and nails then I find I smile more. Does that sound a bit shallow. I hope not.

I think I may be coming out the other side too. I used two full tubs (not very big ones) of the horse cream (lol) and to be honest even though the ends of my fingers were nicely moisturised it didn't really seem to do anything for my nail strength. So, in the end I didn't use any products on my nails at all. Just a good quality hand/nail cream (Derma Q10) and then just buffed my nails, I also kept them filed down neatly. I even stopped taking the B vitamin and cod liver oil (I found I suffered terrible wind !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

My nails have just started to grow a little above my fingertips. I have started using Sally Hansen Maximum Growth and touch wood, they seem to be okay at the moment. Like a previous poster I used any oil I have to hand to rub in my cuticles and I also use rubber gloves whenever possible.

Do you know over the last year I think I have spent more on hand and nail products than I have on crafting goodies (and that's saying something).

Have a great weekend everyone. Jaki xxxx

Latest posts

Back