Peter Sherlock and the prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He's a strange chap isn't he? What he says he is, doesn't quite square the circle with what he does. No one experienced in the world of perfume would dream of suggesting a fragrance to you before you tried it. And I've heard him say 'This is a light flowery fragrance' etc etc. but that's not an ounce of good if the scent changes on your skin is it? That's why we have testers in perfume retailers. I wouldn't buy blind and no way would I pay bid/price drop postage

We've mentioned this before, and I think it was agreed that as a shopping channel, there's not a lot else they can do other than to describe it as well as they can. Sending out testers probably wouldn't be viable for them either. Most of the channels that sell fragrance, sell well known ones, so if you really don't want to buy blind then you can go into Boots or whatever and try them out there. If buying blind isn't for you, then fair enough, don't buy, but there are obviously people who do, otherwise they wouldn't sell it. Also customers aren't necessarily buying for themselves either. I've received many fragrances over the years as gifts, and some of them I'd never tried before, and not once have I received anything that I thought was completely horrible. Good point you make about the postage...perhaps they could organise some special deals regarding perfumes and postage.

We've mentioned this before, and I think it was agreed that as a shopping channel, there's not a lot else they can do other than to describe it as well as they can. Sending out testers probably wouldn't be viable for them either. Most of the channels that sell fragrance, sell well known ones, so if you really don't want to buy blind then you can go into Boots or whatever and try them out there. If buying blind isn't for you, then fair enough, don't buy, but there are obviously people who do, otherwise they wouldn't sell it. Also customers aren't necessarily buying for themselves either. I've received many fragrances over the years as gifts, and some of them I'd never tried before, and not once have I received anything that I thought was completely horrible. Good point you make about the postage...perhaps they could organise some special deals regarding perfumes and postage.

Fair enough Merry. Its a free country at the end of the day

So Caroline doesn't like all the fragrances and she says so when she doesn't. I must have missed that then.

Ooh she's such a b'sh*tta! They probably "really like" very few of them, but it's their job to sell it so they're not going to say "Ooh, it's a no from me on this one, but hey viewers, you might like it!"
Some of them you may notice will say things like....I like my perfume to be heavy, and sexy, I've no time for light, and floral fragrances, if I wanted to smell fresh, I'd have a shower". Then as sure as eggs is eggs, along comes a fresh light floral fragrance, to which they'll say "I don't normally go for for light, floral fragrances...but I REALLY like this one!"

sherlock getting desperate

3 edp with no brand at all selling now

these must have been freebies

They keep saying they're a discount channel but their overheads must cost a fortune
A Freeview channel licence alone costs them several million pounds each year even if it gets them several million more potential buyers, so not having a chain of stores isn't exactly saving them a great deal of money.

Latest posts

Back