Peter Simon's 'Retractions'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Adam after watching him a few hours I tend to agree. He looks like an old hand at this game

I suspect Peter Simon is a very savvy character and I say character as I honestly believe that's what he plays when he is on Bid. The bumbling, the mistakes, the mispronouncing names, the lack of technical knowledge. I think it's a well honed, and well used act.

A bit like Columbo.

I suspect Peter Simon is a very savvy character and I say character as I honestly believe that's what he plays when he is on Bid. The bumbling, the mistakes, the mispronouncing names, the lack of technical knowledge. I think it's a well honed, and well used act.

A bit like Columbo.

Of course it is. PS has had a career as a presenter and doing comedy on cruise ships before Bid. There's no way anyone would sit through a stumbling performance full of mispronounced words etc. Nor would Bid have offered him a job if he kept fluffing sales pitches in his auditions.

Also, notice how he NEVER stumbles over any of his opening show "fanfares"? Or any of his jokes?

It's definitely a ploy to make the more elderly and vulnerable viewers buy. "Trust me, I'm just like you". He's in his early 60s, but to hear him talk he apparently acts at least 85!

Last edited:
Of course it is. PS has had a career as a presenter and doing comedy on cruise ships before Bid. There's no way anyone could sit through a stumbling performance full of mispronounced words etc. Nor would Bid have offered him a job if he kept fluffing sales pitches in his auditions.

Also, notice how he NEVER stumbles over any of his opening show "fanfares"? Or any of his jokes?

It's definitely a ploy to make the more elderly and vulnerable viewers buy. "Trust me, I'm just like you". He's in his early 60s, but to hear him talk he apparently acts at least 85!

Well all I can say is everyone on Shopping TV has a responsibility to provide accurate sales pitches and if they don't they'll be called to account, whether they are 26 or 66.

Simple as that, it's gone on long enough.

Well all I can say is everyone on Shopping TV has a responsibility to provide accurate sales pitches and if they don't they'll be called to account, whether they are 26 or 66.

Simple as that, it's gone on long enough.

He's always accurate...eventually...

Latest posts

Back