Philosophy TSV - 14/04/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hello does anyone know why the gels are now see through?
Is this how they all will be? I hate it when someone takes over a company (kipling) and decides to changes things and end up losing the original custom

Robyn is looking a bit scary - rather overdone the botox :cheeky: Quite fancy the new mask.

I was thinking the same about Robyn, she never had much expression on her face and it seems completely frozen now!

that mask is SCARY!!! :eek::eek::eek: it looks like it will be really stinky as well....:smirk:

Has anyone bought this? Old me would have, new me has, you know whated on it.
Gosh, just seen Robyn, how scary is she? New choppers as well as botox?

Has Robin lost weight ?
Her face looks different this evening to me.

:flower:

Gosh I thought maybe it was me being tired last evening and the fact I've not really watched much Philosophy recently, having moved over to A'kin.
Pleased I'm not on my own and others think there's some facial difference too.
I will tune in later on in the day to have another look.

I'm really not a skincare junkie.I rarely buy a tsv thats skincare - don't think I ever have.

I have tried some philosphy products when it first came to qvc.

I tried the cleanser but didn't like it.

I loved the gingerbread man set - and love the scrubs,have had an amazing grace one and a margarita one.(I did have to reorder these elsewhere as qvc didn't seem to continue stocking the scrubs,although not bought any for a while)

I really hoped this tsv would have been something different - shower gels,scrubs maybe lipglosses or something.Really fed up with the same old,same old.

I know QVC want to get a TSV that will appeal to the masses.I have really sensitive,dodgy skin that is under the supervision of a consultant - and the stuff he is giving me is working well - so buying skincare is just a no-no for me.

just would have loved some of the products in the brand...................why is always (mostly) skincare :sleepy:

I really hoped this tsv would have been something different - shower gels,scrubs maybe lipglosses or something.Really fed up with the same old,same old.

just would have loved some of the products in the brand...................why is always (mostly) skincare :sleepy:

Me too - I don't want to get hooked into buying expensive face creams so I don't bother buying any from QVC but I would have been seriously tempted if this TSV had been a set of 3 shower gels. They are expensive but very nice and when I wash my hair using them it doesn't leave it in a terrible condition. I'm hoping the TSV will sell out and there might be a One Time Only :clapping:

looking on the website - the majority of the products do seem to be skin care realated?

I don't remember philosophy being like this....................I'm sure there used to be lots of little sets and choice of shower gels etc..

looking on the website - the majority of the products do seem to be skin care realated?

I don't remember philosophy being like this....................I'm sure there used to be lots of little sets and choice of shower gels etc..

I am with you on this, used to buy shower gels from them, predominantly of QVc, have now bought a few of ebay, but I do not like the Hope in a Jar and purity is ok, but nothing special. Liked the purity with the scrub in for a while, but again, its too difficult to rely on QVC for repurchase as they are so often out of stock,

I loved the gingerbread man set - and love the scrubs,have had an amazing grace one and a margarita one.(I did have to reorder these elsewhere as qvc didn't seem to continue stocking the scrubs,although not bought any for a while)

Hi rainbowdottie, what are the scrubs like? I have always fancied trying one but the price puts me off. I really like the Soap and Glory Spa Sugar Scrub which has lime oil in it. The tub is bigger than the Philosophy one and only costs £9.00 (I say "only" in comparison to the price of the Philosophy one). I recently bought an Elle McPherson one from Boots on clearance and it looks like it is the same consistency as the Philosophy one ie a bit drier (as it contains salt) than the S&G one. How long does a tub of the Philosophy scrub last you?

I actually think the mask looks good and thought Frankie's face looked instantly brightened when she used it. I may give this a go in the future. I've just repurchased my favourite Decleor one and it looks like the price of the two products is comparable.

I really love scrubs,although I don't fair well with "cheaper" versions - they just do nothing for me.I have bought from tesco's,boots and even body shop,but its been wasted money.
I did buy a sanctuary one from boots hoping to fair better but it was a oil slick.

I haven't had one from philosophy for ages, but the ones I have had, I would buy and buy againI only need to use it once a week so it lasts forever.

I do use the moisturisers with fake tan - but with my experience with philosophy scrubs - I wouldn't need to.Although I'm fair haired - my skin isn't and this just evens out the skin tone with new skin lovely.

I love the Philosophy scrubs and although they are quite pricey, I have used cheaper ones from Boots or wherever and there is no comparison. The trick with the Philosophy ones is to use them very sparingly or else handfulls disappear down the plug hole! What I do is get my husband to do my back for me while I stand in the bath with no water running. That way if he drops some into the bath he can scoop it up and use it. Works a treat! :clapping:

I have ordered the TSV today as I haven't met a Philosophy product I don't love and I use Purity, Hope in a Tube and HIAJ every day! I was in New York last week and went to Sephora to buy some bits, I bought some lovely chocolate fudge and creme brulee shower gel and they had a few more of the 'flavours' we can't get but I couldn't get Red Velvet Cake so was disappointed with that.

Thanks rainbowdottie and Rooby for your replies.

rainbowdottie, you have actually highlighted something that I have never thought about (and unfortunately it's again down to QVC brainwashing!). I have never thought as to whether my skin "needed" to be scrubbed - have always followed the advice of AY and crew that I "should be" scrubbing 2-3 times a week. I did get out of the habit a while ago however noticed the difference when I restarted as my moisturiser started to work again! I suppose that's when you know that you "need" to scrub. Maybe I'll try to do it less and see what happens.

The Sanctuary one is the only High Street one that I have not got on with as it actually felt like it was burning me!

Rooby, I too love shopping for Philosophy in the States. I bought a gorgeous Pumpkin Spiced Muffin shower gel from QVC about a year ago and since then they have stopped stocking it (and the rest of the UK!). My sister went to New York in Jan and brought me a bottle back together with one called Cinnamon Dots. These are being saved for the Autumn. We are hoping to go to Orlando in October 2011 and if we do I will be going to Sephora for more Philosophy - maybe even look for the scrub over there as well (sorry, girls I still can't get my head around paying £20.+ for a scrub!). x

Hi rainbowdottie, what are the scrubs like? I have always fancied trying one but the price puts me off. I really like the Soap and Glory Spa Sugar Scrub which has lime oil in it. The tub is bigger than the Philosophy one and only costs £9.00 (I say "only" in comparison to the price of the Philosophy one). I recently bought an Elle McPherson one from Boots on clearance and it looks like it is the same consistency as the Philosophy one ie a bit drier (as it contains salt) than the S&G one. How long does a tub of the Philosophy scrub last you?

I actually think the mask looks good and thought Frankie's face looked instantly brightened when she used it. I may give this a go in the future. I've just repurchased my favourite Decleor one and it looks like the price of the two products is comparable.

They are fabulous! I have just re-ordered the Pure Grace version today. I was a little worried that it was going to be discontinued because it has been out of stock for a while now. Frankly, the Grace fragrances do nothing for me but the effect of the product is amazing, after using it my bottom feels like glass!! A word of warning though, I avoid using iit on my upper chest\decolletage because the skin is so fine there and tends to go red.

I've used the Philisophy coconut scrub and was impressed - I find many scrubs too watery to be any good but this one smelt great and left my skin feeling soft. My best one ever has to be the Hot Ginger scrub from Origins - pricey but oh my goodness, my skin looked, felt and smelt amazing afterwards :heart:

iv'e given the tsv a miss when you add it up with posting it's rather expensive. I think qvc think the same as they have put it in easy pay to hide the fact. Im doing as others above off to florida in september so a visit to sephora is on the cards. last year brought 13 shower gels back.

Latest posts

Back