Plant2Garden TSV 19/03/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought an Agapanthus from Homebase late last summer. It was £2.00 or £3.00 as it had finished flowering. Left it in the garden in the pot it came in and in full sun. Watered and if I remembered fed it. Its now got at lease 10 flower buds. I like watching QVC plant programmes as it helps me to look after my cheap plants.

I bought two euphorbia from B&M a couple of years ago. I did use root booster and they’re now huge, like bushes. They were under £5 each.

I have bought plants from Ken as well. My latest purchase from him were six Achillea and they’ve really grown and are just coming into flower.

i do think that plants from supermarkets and the like are excellent though and at least you can see what you’re buying.

I am lucky in live in an area where I have a lot of choice and cheap as chips price. My my used to buy a lot from mail order because she could not get out in her later years. I used to have to help her out with the potting on which was miserable as the plugs would take a lot of work. But it made her very happy. I avoid potting on seedlings/ smaller plants now as I dont have to. Plants are cheaper now than ever if you can get to the bigger outlets. And the varieties are excellent.

Latest posts

Back