playroom anyone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks - I never knew that. Is it some EU thing?

My mum was disabled and so we always had to choose to live in a house with a downstairs loo for when she came to visit - either that or hubby would have had to give her a fireman's lift upstairs :cheeky:

Not sure if it is an EU thing or not, I think it fully comes into being by April 2013 but pretty sure it is already the ruling here in Scotland.

My SIL has a play room. It was the dining room before the kids came along. You can call your spare rooms whatever you like - office, playroom, reading room whatever!!

I live in a three bedroom house by myself. I need to think up some new names for the spare room and the other spare room!

When the girls were small they wanted to share a bedroom, so we turned the other bedroom into a playroom. As NIKKID said, you can call a room whatever you want.

When the girls were small they wanted to share a bedroom, so we turned the other bedroom into a playroom. As NIKKID said, you can call a room whatever you want.

In that case my living room is now called Kevin.
"Hello Kevin". :wave:

Its water off a ducks back to me. After all we're talking about a shopping channel that thinks some people can afford £75 for a moisturuser. Can i afford it no,can others yes. We all have different homes,incomes and priorities,there job is to tap into all of these and sell the dream and hope we take the bait.

when i was a little girl mum parents bough a house and the dining room was called the morning room.. a bit odd but we still call it that. i have a downstairs loo its an investment as sadly i have no fireman to lift me in my latter years lol

Not sure if it is an EU thing or not, I think it fully comes into being by April 2013 but pretty sure it is already the ruling here in Scotland.

It may be to do with legislation around disability access, which I think is what also led to bank's ATMs being lowered to make it easier for wheelchair users to reach (although they're now so low some people practically have to kneel on the pavement to use them). Same with new houses needing to have all their light switches about two feet above floor level just in case at some point in the future a wheel chair user might live there.

Latest posts

Back