playroom anyone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I find it a bit much. I have one spare room, perhaps I could call it an ironing room? since its full of wet washing and I Iron in there. Take note qvc presenters for the steam press shows

OK, after a few negatives in response to my thread, my point was qvc is becoming very elitist and in danger of excluding a high percentage of customers who do not have these rooms, nor houses in Italy (Dawson) Portugal (Greenwood) or possibly many in Florida a la, one sleeved Franks. qvc presenters sometimes forget that many of the viewers do not live in 'their world' and it gets a bit annoying to keep hearing of their lavish lifestyles when they should just get on with demonsrating products not bragging

Personally I don`t think it matters whether people have 3 cloakrooms, 2 playrooms, 1 orangery, lemony, limey and a partridge in a pear tree because its all just sales patter out of the mouth of someone who quite often is speaking before they put their brain into gear because they probably have a producer yelling in their ear telling them to talk talk talk and sell sell sell. Half the time I doubt the presenters even know what gobble de gook they`re spewing forth, let alone can remember it afterwards. Tis just words on a screen and my telly for one ..... has an off button yippeeeee !

OK, after a few negatives in response to my thread, my point was qvc is becoming very elitist and in danger of excluding a high percentage of customers who do not have these rooms, nor houses in Italy (Dawson) Portugal (Greenwood) or possibly many in Florida a la, one sleeved Franks. qvc presenters sometimes forget that many of the viewers do not live in 'their world' and it gets a bit annoying to keep hearing of their lavish lifestyles when they should just get on with demonsrating products not bragging

I have family members that are more affluent than me and some that have less. I work with people that have more than me and some are still starting out... My point? I'd hate to think that they (or I) had to watch what they were saying in order not to appear boastful or underprivileged.

just because presenters (or anyone else for that matter) talk about their lives or make suggestions which I may not be able to afford does not mean they are having a 'dig' nor does it mean that they are boasting - perhaps they are just sharing and having a conversation.

In life, you have to appreciate what you have and not worry about all the other stuff - I'm sure the presenters don't mean to offend and for every viewer that doesn't have a nursery or whatever, there will be one that will... that's life, we are all different.

I don't think it is 'bragging' at all ......

Afterall if they were selling laptops they would presume you have enough money to get on line, like you Tristar! Not everyone can afford to be on line!

I think ot is fair enough for them to mention their lifestyles. Good on them for working hard and having a playroom! We have one too but I am far from 'posh'!

I like Claire Sutton :). I think the mention of her precious son was justified as it was in response to the comment that she does not live in the real world. They all 'present' an 'image' when they are on air which is probably not entirely 'real', they have to sell afterall! It is about the buyers aspiring to have a certain lifestyle that sells the products!

Leave Claire alone :-(

I have family members that are more affluent than me and some that have less. I work with people that have more than me and some are still starting out... My point? I'd hate to think that they (or I) had to watch what they were saying in order not to appear boastful or underprivileged.

just because presenters (or anyone else for that matter) talk about their lives or make suggestions which I may not be able to afford does not mean they are having a 'dig' nor does it mean that they are boasting - perhaps they are just sharing and having a conversation.

In life, you have to appreciate what you have and not worry about all the other stuff - I'm sure the presenters don't mean to offend and for every viewer that doesn't have a nursery or whatever, there will be one that will... that's life, we are all different.

Good points Tiddlywinks. And a big welcome to the forum from me :happy:

My playroom is the smallest bedroom which I call my craft room as I only have one child and husband lives in his own playroom, his flat. Yaaaaaayyyyy. :giggle:

Oh, it's all nonsense anyway, just repeating what somebody is squeaking at them in their earpiece most probably!
Anyway, it's frightfully common to brag/go on about childrens' playrooms/bathrooms & such like & for instance, one only calls one's teensy weensy boxroom (that you can barely fit a single bed & a small bedside cabinet in!) a 'nursery' when looking in catalogues for suitably cute stickers etc. to bung on the wall etc. as that's the category they're listed under! LOL

It really bugs me having two loos, hate cleaning them.

I suppose the presenters are under orders to paint a picture of how an item could enhance your life - the playroom idea conjures up (to me anyway) children playing happily with whatever gew-gaw mum bought from QVC. Which mum wouldn't aspire to that ?

However some of the presenters go too far and make themselves sound ridiculous Craig and Debbie F spring to mind.

It really bugs me having two loos, hate cleaning them.

Me too! I only have one loo now, which to be fair is a bit of a PITA, as I have to now crawl upstairs sometimes.....but at least I only have the one to clean now! LOL
Whenever I see these house programmes on TV, with as many bathrooms/en-suites as there are bedrooms, my first thought is always 'Gawd, no thanks, what a bl**dy nightmare!'.....! :mysmilie_505:

I only have one loo, but I do have an office, if you can call a 9' x 9' boxroom an office - it holds my computer and hundreds of books - it's also an ironing room as the ironing board is also in here with me along with a load of ironing that wants doing..now, does anyone have an ironing lady that they could lend me???

I don't think it is bad that presenters talk about having more than one toilet, not when all newly built houses have to have one at ground floor level, therefore making it much more likely for a house to have more than one. We have main bathroom upstairs and small toilet downstairs, it is not a big house.

I don't think it is bad that presenters talk about having more than one toilet, not when all newly built houses have to have one at ground floor level, therefore making it much more likely for a house to have more than one. We have main bathroom upstairs and small toilet downstairs, it is not a big house.

Thanks - I never knew that. Is it some EU thing?

My mum was disabled and so we always had to choose to live in a house with a downstairs loo for when she came to visit - either that or hubby would have had to give her a fireman's lift upstairs :cheeky:

I wonder which one has a crown room?
I have an inkling about that and what bet qvc may be trying to unravel it, hope the one who has it doesnt loose it or maybe doate more would be a good idea, ahem ahem.

Latest posts

Back