Please wash your hands!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

madmax

Registered Shopper
Why do the models on the jewelry shoes nearly always have filthy dirty nails.
If you know your hands are going to be in close up wouldn't you make sure that your hands and nails where spotless ?
I have been watching the diamond show and the models nails are filthy and her nail polish is chipped.
It really takes away from the jewelry she is modeling.
Do they not have any one to tell them to wash their hands?

I think nail polish makes all jewellery look better.I "feel" much better wiyh nail varnish on - but if its chip,I do have to take it off....and go without if theres no time to repapply,as chipped nail varnish is sooooo awful.

Although I've never noticed myself,I do agree that models should have *perfect* nails.

It also happens on actual nail polish shows. One model in particular ( don't know her name) has the dirtiest nails I've seen. You'd think they would make an effort wouldn't you? Do the producers/directors never notice this kind of thing?

It also happens on actual nail polish shows. One model in particular ( don't know her name) has the dirtiest nails I've seen. You'd think they would make an effort wouldn't you? Do the producers/directors never notice this kind of thing?

Tiffany's are ****** filthy.

Glad you posted this thread, madmax. I noticed the dirty looking nails too:doh:. I also thought that if they knew they were going to display jewellery, they should have taken taken care that their nails were clean looking and presentable:nod:
I am also appalled at the sight of some of their feet, when they are displaying shoes and sandals, their feet and heels are filthy.
Also next time, when one of them is lying on the couch and is having a beauty treatment,:wait: just have a look at their feet.
You would think with all the beauty gadgets , lotions and creams, they could care for their feet a bit better than that!

I know I sound like a broken record where 'Tiff' is concerned - about seeing her in various ads from funeral insurance to walk in baths , in zillions of magazines, BUT I saw her the other night on a beauty show with a naked face. Now I'd be the first to put my hand up to looking like the walking dead without make-up, but Tiff was seriously scary.

And despite all that work too. The poor old dear is botoxed to the max, she can't move her top lip at all. When she does beauty shoes she has to "smize" (that's smile with your eyes in Tyra Banks world) because she can't form a smile. Add that to the false teeth that stop her speaking properly (remember the Gale Hayman promo?) and the nails and one wonders how she gets the work.

It's all top show....ever noticed the cans of air freshener in changing rooms in shops,they probably have one in qvc's as well.

I think its fake tan. Hell you should see the presenters on the jewellery channels the fake tan is ingrained and you can clearly see where the false nails join their own.

Yes Donna I've noticed that, and its yukky yukkky yukky - obviously the kids in the Gallery dont even give it a second thought, and if they do probably wont say anything for fear of OFFENDING the person concerned ! - never mind the viewer that has to look at the grime behind the false nail.

I think its fake tan. Hell you should see the presenters on the jewellery channels the fake tan is ingrained and you can clearly see where the false nails join their own.

I was about to say the same Donna. I'm so fascinated and appalled by the fake nails and tan combo that I can't concentrate on the jewellery. Fake nails are fine ... from a distance. Close up they are dreadful. The QVC presenters and models win "hands down" on this one for me.

I too have wondered about how they are allowed to go in air with such scabby looking hands and feet and then have them featured in close up. I do a fair part of my job on a ward and so can't wear nail varnish at work due to infection control. Plus my hands and nails have to be scrupulosly (sp) clean. I also feel that at work I would not inspire confidence with ratty raggy looking paws!!!

Latest posts

Back