Poor presntation

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ManyJane

Registered Shopper
I'm newly registered but I have been lurking and reading for a long time. I don't like the general slagging off that sometimes surfaces on here but, really, it's time QVC took Kathy Taylor in hand. She is far from being a good presenter at the best of time but her performance on this morning's underwear presentation (Tuesday, 12/3/2013, 11am) was embarassing.

The waffling, giggling, humming and hawing and erm-ing was so irritating that I wonder how many viewers switched off. She frequently has little or no knowledge of the products she's showing and they need to make sure she does her homework before she goes on screen so she actually knows what she's talking about and if the presentation is scripted she should be made to at least read through it.

I don't think she's entirely the right person to be fronting this new fashion thing she's currently promoting!

She's a very poor ambassador for QVC. She frequently looks untidy and frumpy and if she really choses her own QVC products to wear, the stylists need to advise her properly. And has no-one suggested to her that she should get a decent haircut? There are enough hairdressers featured on the channel that it shouldn't be difficult.

Well if we're talking frumpy...look no further than our resident beauty expert who has has a 1 st class honours in frumpage!!

Do agree about Kathythis morning tho...it was cringy!

I only caught the end of the show and she signed off by saying, " Be sure to tune in to my morning show, tomorrow at 10, where we have so much fashion advice, you won't know what to do with it all."

Which made me larf out loud. The accompanying look on her face when she realised what she had said didn't quite come out as she meant it too only added to the hilarity!

Bless! It is her constant gaffs that endear her to me!

I think she is just one of those people who' brain and tongue aren't quite in sync, and consequently has a knack of not quite saying the right thing! I'm sure she does it in real life too. I bet her life is a like a sitcom.

Lol LS :wink:
You think that was bad, (didn't see it so can't comment), you should read the thread "Jill Franks Handbag Queen". I'm surprised poor Lulu Guinness didn't walk off the set & leave her to it! I wouldn't have blamed her if she'd done that either, JF was an utter shambles with an ample doses of stupidity and arrogance thrown in.

I struggle to think of decent presenters on Q at present. Julia's pleasant & professional, (just cheesing me off a little with her life story book blah blah), Julian's watchable & informative & there are a few others who are OK, thought Kathy was one of the better ones actually, just my opinion & didn't watch today. The rest are usually embarassing to watch these days. I see an ever growing number of comments on here & Facebook where people are either complaining about the presenting or just saying give me the item number & the price coz I really can't sit thru the show as it's got X presenting it.....

I think sometimes items sell in spite of who'se "selling" them lol! :thinking:

She comes across as a likeable and genuine person however she does stumble over her words and fluff her lines a lot. I guess she must meet the sales targets she has been set but I find all the erming and waffling quite irritating.

Welcome to the Forum Many Jane I hope you have fun here. I must say, for someone who doesn't like the slagging off on here, you've made a pretty good attempt at it! You should fit in very well!!!

I think Kathy gets away with quite a bit because she is so normal,she has no airs and graces , what you see is what you get. I can't say she is the best presenter but imo she is very,very likeable...

I'm newly registered but I have been lurking and reading for a long time. I don't like the general slagging off that sometimes surfaces on here but, really, it's time QVC took Kathy Taylor in hand. She is far from being a good presenter at the best of time but her performance on this morning's underwear presentation (Tuesday, 12/3/2013, 11am) was embarassing.

The waffling, giggling, humming and hawing and erm-ing was so irritating that I wonder how many viewers switched off. She frequently has little or no knowledge of the products she's showing and they need to make sure she does her homework before she goes on screen so she actually knows what she's talking about and if the presentation is scripted she should be made to at least read through it.

I don't think she's entirely the right person to be fronting this new fashion thing she's currently promoting!

She's a very poor ambassador for QVC. She frequently looks untidy and frumpy and if she really choses her own QVC products to wear, the stylists need to advise her properly. And has no-one suggested to her that she should get a decent haircut? There are enough hairdressers featured on the channel that it shouldn't be difficult.
!
Is your name manyjane, or maryjane? Anyway, welcome to the good ship shoppingtelly! A forum is a vehicle for opinions so, as long as one is not being libellous or saying anything illegal, anything goes! (qvc show). I concur, however, quite a bit of slagging off goes on but, hey, we don't all agree about everything. Just my opinion, but I think when a comment is downright nasty, it becomes unfair. When someone appears on tv, accepting lucrative wages for so doing, they are putting themselves into the public arena and are, unfortunately some may say, general fodder to be set up and shot down.

I realise many people on here like. KT so sorry for this but I have always found her to appear very unsure and insecure in her knowledge of the products she is presenting. Umming and erring incessantly, stumbling over her words and generally the opposite of what a presenter needs to be.
However, someone must love her and buy when she is on or QVC would not keep her on.

Have you ever watched JF?

At the end of the day, Julia Roberts is the best presenter QVC have, regardless of what some people say. I find her very interesting to listen to, even if it's an hour I don't particularly like (such as Butler & Wilson - oh lordy, some of his stuff is disgusting! Skulls for example!)

Even if she's having an off day - and of course we know now that she's been & still is poorly - she's still so informative and professional. No-one comes up to her standard as a presenter on QVC.

If I would search for a word to describe Kathy, "wholesome" comes to mind. She is a pretty and harmless person and is likeable, but her presentation is not all that brilliant . She stammers a lot and keeps saying "my word" many times. She does not sit ladylike, and sometimes I feel embarrassed to watch her sitting with a dress or a skirt. She started wearing very short skirts not long ago, and even though she is all right to wear them, she many times sat down with legs not positioned well:doh: She best suits trousers or maxis.
I rather watch Kathy than being lumbered with JF.
Just now I have switched stations because JF is doing Ojon :doh:
I missed Kathy at her launch of fashion on Monday, but have seen the adverts that are being shown.
She looked OK in the studded jacket and in the sitting room.
I am not sure I would take the dog for a walk wearing Lola Rose scarf ...but I suppose why not.
The block coloured dress she wears at the end of the advert was not at all suitable , it did not do her any favours.
Her arms did not look nice and she looked square.
I don't know how she can say she is going to give style advice wearing that dress.
Poor choice Kathy:doh:

I must confess that I haven't seen Kathy's new show.....QVC drives me mad most of the time lately.... however, I do like Kathy and find her much more watchable than many of the others....JF and AY the worst. It does seem strange though to have her presenting a fashion segment as I do not feel that 'fashion' and 'Kathy' go together tbh.... my fav presenter has to be JR, she is the most professional out of them all I feel, she gives product info, sizes etc and seems to read up on things beforehand.

Oh Lordy, JF's on at the mo' :thinking::yawn::sleepy::headbang: nuff said!! :confused:
Coz over 70 notes incl. p&p is such a bargain for shampoo & conditioner "it's ridiculous" isn't it!
It's Ojon, she's used it all, hair wouldn't survive without it....We know the drill! Seen several mins, more than enough for me.

Last edited:
Love Kathy, down to earth, normal and not full of herself. She's not the most polished performance wise,but i'd rather watch her than most of the others.

Latest posts

Back