Postage Charges!!!!!!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

pinkhammie

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone, having looked at the forum for ages I finally feel that this is the time to post something. Having been a loyal QVC customer for years (and I mean years) I have decided enough is enough. How can any business possibly charge such extortionate prices for p & p. Having purchased an Antthony top with p & p of 3.95 i later returned 1st class at 1.90 , then ordered another one in a different size (smaller of course!!!!!) for another 3.95 p & p, my top has cost me just short of a tenner in postage, which is to say the least pretty steep. Think I will be using them much less in the future.:

Make sure you take advantage of the Distance Selling Regulations. This means that if you cancel the transactions within 7 working days of receiving the item (which you can try on, just don't remove labels or wear it into town and back) by notifying QVC in writing, then QVC have to by law refund the original p&p you paid. You have to bear the cost of return yourself but at least you will get your original p&p back. You can email Customer Service to notify them of cancellation. The law says it must be in writing. (QVC are happy to accept email notification)

That is interesting as QVC made it clear to me that regarding the DSR - the item in question whether it be skincare, clothes or other, must NOT have been opened and returned intact.... I had ordered a pair of Diane Gilman jeans when they were a tsv and I had to go on waitlist and whilst waiting the reviews on QVC came in slating them fairly bad for length etc so I decided to cancel my waitlist and when I telephoned up they told me that just a few hours beforehand they had processed my order so I was too late to cancel, but that providing I had not opened or tried them on then I could use the DSR

Crikey, I could have written this post myself pinkhammie, we must be shopping-twins, I did exactly the same with antthony designs, and sent back both tops as they were too big (although I liked them), and paid £3.95 for each to be sent, and then £1.26 and £1.90 to send them back individually! I have thought about the DSR thing, but not sure I can be bothered with the fight, still I suppose thats why they do it - so have just decided that I can be bothered the next time it happens!

I bought a pair of Clarks shoes and returned them under the DSR as they were too small. Got my postage back no problem, too, so with clothing I guess it depends how unobtrusively you can try them on.

QVC aren't the only ones that are dodgy about the DSR, Lola Rose states clearly on their website that you can return an order within 7 days but that they will not refund postage.

I noticed that too on the Lola Rose website.

You can certainly try clothes on and still return them under the DSR. That's the whole point. How will you know something fits until it arrives and you try it on? As long as they are returned in resaleable condition (ie in new condition and tags etc attached) and you have notified QVC in writing you can exercise your statutory rights under the DSR. Whichever CS operator said you couldn't try the clothes on is talking out of their a*%e.

Obviously I understand the excessive postage charges above and beyond the actual cost but, they are a business and out to make money. Their overheads must be enormous and they have to find the money somewhere to pay for the uk call centre, depot charges, delivery charges, personel salaries etc etc.

I went shopping in a large shopping centre in Shepherd's Bush recently and I parked for 2 hours and nearly fainted when I had to pay £10 for the priviledge of parking there for that short time, let alone the petrol to drive there and the inconvenience of not finding what I wanted. I don't think the p&p is too excessive when you take things like this into account.

It would be nice to pay less, p&p free would be good, but I cannot see how they could do it unless they raise the price of the actual item being purchased.

Hi everyone, having looked at the forum for ages I finally feel that this is the time to post something. Having been a loyal QVC customer for years (and I mean years) I have decided enough is enough. How can any business possibly charge such extortionate prices for p & p. Having purchased an Antthony top with p & p of 3.95 i later returned 1st class at 1.90 , then ordered another one in a different size (smaller of course!!!!!) for another 3.95 p & p, my top has cost me just short of a tenner in postage, which is to say the least pretty steep. Think I will be using them much less in the future.:

If you return an item for a different size or colour but the same item number,you are not charged p&p on the second one,it is just sent back to you using the credit from the original order.

I don't consider my petrol and parking as equal to p&p as when I go into town or a shopping centre, I generally browse a fair few shops, sit and have a coffee, possibly meet a friend or have lunch so its more like a wee trip out.

of course if I was going to buy a bottle of cleanse and polish and drove into town (8 miles) parked in belfast where the john lewis is (2.50 per hour) then it would come in around £5 for that one trip but I'd not be so stupid as to do that. I'd just ring liz earle direct and order it from her.

QVC are taking the proverbial with their P&P sometimes. A ring costs the same as a pair of emu boots to post, how do they work that out?

If you have to notify them in writing within 7 working days of receipt of the goods what is the time limit for getting the goods back to them?

If Catalogues can have their goods returned for free and still make a profit, (I take it THEY are classed as businesses ?) then why cant QVC. TBH I wouldn't mind the P&P PROVIDING THE RETURNS WERE FREE !

Since moving to Oz I've found several companies that will ship stuff here for FREE! Granted I have to pay if I return something (and that's always extortionate!) but it means I can order skincare, makeup etc from places like ASOS, lookfantastic.com and have them in a week for FREE! QVC can't send something from Liverpool to London for less than a fiver it seems. If companies like Amazon and those I've mentioned already can do it for nothing, why can't QVC do it even for slightly less? Reason: coz we keep paying it and they're laughing all the way to the bank.....

It's unbelievable that they are charging £3.95 to send a tiny bead bracelet out for the TSV by entice!! Plus its frustrating that Jilly H keeps saying 'this comes in at under £20.00 - no it doesn't Jilly, to actually get it it will cost nearly £25.00. Wish the presenters would stop ignoring the p&p costs during presenting as if we cannot add the two together!

now we know why you are encouraged to wear things for 30 days and try makeup/skincare. you are then not covered by dsr.

This issue has to be forumites' biggest complaint about QVC? It still staggers me how they get away with it! Most places will send your orders for free these days. I think it would help if QVC could let you order multiple items from a single show under one capped charge, or something like that. The best you get is half P&P if you order 2 identical items. That's a bit of an insult IMO.

And using the DSR is easy. Use their "contact us" webform and just tell them you're returning it under the DSR. They should email back confirming that they'll refund once they receive it back. I know they have to by law but, to be fair to them, I've never had any hassle doing this. Also, as someone said above, if you want a different size or colour from the same item number, send the return and fill in the return slip to request it and you won't pay the second P&P.

Last edited:
It really annoys me too when they say something is "under" a certain price - or something is "within budget" at this price - because they NEVER factor in the P&P.

I agree about parking charges - but I only pay one parking charge for each item I buy whilst I'm out.QVC want to charge per item

Latest posts

Back