Postage Charges!!!!!!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't consider my petrol and parking as equal to p&p as when I go into town or a shopping centre, I generally browse a fair few shops, sit and have a coffee, possibly meet a friend or have lunch so its more like a wee trip out.

of course if I was going to buy a bottle of cleanse and polish and drove into town (8 miles) parked in belfast where the john lewis is (2.50 per hour) then it would come in around £5 for that one trip but I'd not be so stupid as to do that. I'd just ring liz earle direct and order it from her.

QVC are taking the proverbial with their P&P sometimes. A ring costs the same as a pair of emu boots to post, how do they work that out?

QB there is no John Lewis in Belfast !!

Was just gonna say, I must've missed when they settled that argument about JL ;-) But yes, if I had to nip in for just one item and pay the exorbitant parking fees at Victoria Square I'd definitely consider online shopping (currently in that dilemma because my Macbook charger died, err, got eaten by the puppy), but don't consider the side costs of a fun shopping trip out equal to paying exorbitant P&P.

QB there is no John Lewis in Belfast !!
ooops meant House of fraser lol, its the one in victoria square. To my defence though, i've only just moved back here after living in edinburgh for 7 years and get my dept stores mixed up!

The amount of times i've considered a trip to fort kinnaird then realise its not up the road anymore but several hundred miles east lol

Was just gonna say, I must've missed when they settled that argument about JL ;-) But yes, if I had to nip in for just one item and pay the exorbitant parking fees at Victoria Square I'd definitely consider online shopping (currently in that dilemma because my Macbook charger died, err, got eaten by the puppy), but don't consider the side costs of a fun shopping trip out equal to paying exorbitant P&P.

Buy a new charger online - there must be loads of sites that sell them including Ebay.

Just to add my two penneth , I have just received some South Sea pearl earrings which came by Royal Mail and were not signed for, just put in the letter box and the postage
was £5.45 ! I notice that the postage for the Laura Geller TSV is £3.95 and the items will be far heavier than my earrings ,what's that all about ?

Latest posts

Back