Poundworld Now Deliver - Check This Out & Save A Fortune on Bid Ripoffs!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

you should look into the cost price of your starbucks coffee or your litre of petrol from BP or you fries from macdonalds. and then come and discuss an inflated margin.

Starbucks or MaccyD's (far too unhealthy for me!)- as for petrol - don't get me started on the taxman! :grin:

so anyone who diesnt like/use/trust the internet is stupid?

No, it's taking advantage of those people who can't or don't check prices against other sources and don't have the means to. If you don't shop around and have the means to do so then "it's your own fault" of course.

It's all about making an informed choice, and anyone who exclusively relies on Bid and Price-drop for their shopping advice for whatever reason(s) may be getting substandard products for the same price as decent quality products obtained from numerous other sources. Feel free to blame stupid people for not shopping around but sometimes people feel pressured into making a purchase for no valid reason because they still mistakenly think they can trust the "nice person on the television". Not anymore!

That is all.

so anyone who diesnt like/use/trust the internet is stupid?

Perhaps stupid is extreme and I apologise. However, the internet is a valuable tool for price comparison and in most cases can save the user money ( as Bid themselves advocate when selling tablets). Trust is another issue but I feel that the channels have become less trustworthy of late themselves.

Its morally wrong what bid are doing, even the name "bid" is meaningless people cannot just "bid" a price its the company who set the sky high prices then pray on the vulnerable, most of us on here are clued up (for the want of another term without sounding big headed) but I am certain there will be older people, people with disabilities, lonely people who don't get out much, listening to ALL the presenters biging up some dreadful products day in day out simply to make themselves a fast buck, rather them than me!

Its complete greed by ALL who are involved with "bid tv" rather then sell items at a fair price with a fair p&p bid have totally ripped the arse out of it and when then go tits up (because they will its the way these folk live) they will be back within a week all over the tv like a bad rash!

No, it's taking advantage of those people who can't or don't check prices against other sources and don't have the means to. If you don't shop around and have the means to do so then "it's your own fault" of course.

It's all about making an informed choice, and anyone who exclusively relies on Bid and Price-drop for their shopping advice for whatever reason(s) may be getting substandard products for the same price as decent quality products obtained from numerous other sources. Feel free to blame stupid people for not shopping around but sometimes people feel pressured into making a purchase for no valid reason because they still mistakenly think they can trust the "nice person on the television". Not anymore!

That is all.

who the heck do you think bids customers are? that they shop solely and exclusively on bid tv? they dont do a weekly shop at a supermarket or watch adverts on TV or open a newspaper or speak to other human beings? they just live in a shack in the woods eating leaves and buying solar figurines from the 'pretty colourful box in the corner'

Its morally wrong what bid are doing, even the name "bid" is meaningless people cannot just "bid" a price its the company who set the sky high prices then pray on the vulnerable, most of us on here are clued up (for the want of another term without sounding big headed) but I am certain there will be older people, people with disabilities, lonely people who don't get out much, listening to ALL the presenters biging up some dreadful products day in day out simply to make themselves a fast buck, rather them than me!

Its complete greed by ALL who are involved with "bid tv" rather then sell items at a fair price with a fair p&p bid have totally ripped the arse out of it and when then go tits up (because they will its the way these folk live) they will be back within a week all over the tv like a bad rash!

www.bid.tv

please visit the above site and 'BID' on any of there available products.

i love a well informed post lol

who the heck do you think bids customers are? that they shop solely and exclusively on bid tv? they dont do a weekly shop at a supermarket or watch adverts on TV or open a newspaper or speak to other human beings? they just live in a shack in the woods eating leaves and buying solar figurines from the 'pretty colourful box in the corner'

Precisely why Bid and Price-drop aren't selling as many products nowadays compared to what they used to, and they're left selling products to a smaller customer base. It's the remaining customers, namely the few buyers left who consistently purchase from Bid/Price-drop despite the high prices and dropping quality, we're mainly discussing here. And some people won't be seen dead inside a pound shop or other ultra-cheap discount retailer (if they can get to them), which means that they won't have seen certain identical or similar products to those on Bid and Price-drop on sale for £1 each, and may also not have checked prices online if they have the means to do so.

The very reason for this thread and others like it :mysmilie_59:

Precisely why Bid and Price-drop aren't selling as many products nowadays compared to what they used to, and they're left selling products to a smaller customer base. It's the remaining customers, namely the few buyers left who consistently purchase from Bid/Price-drop despite the high prices and dropping quality, we're mainly discussing here. And some people won't be seen dead inside a pound shop or other ultra-cheap discount retailer (if they can get to them), which means that they won't have seen certain identical or similar products to those on Bid and Price-drop on sale for £1 each, and may also not have checked prices online if they have the means to do so.

The very reason for this thread and others like it :mysmilie_59:

so .. basically. your on a crusade to show everyone in the UK the products available in poundland just incase they are not aware that the products they buy elsewhere because they dont want to shop in such a scuzzy shop as poundland are actually cheaper in poundland?

do you work for poundland?

so .. basically. your on a crusade to show everyone in the UK the products available in poundland just incase they are not aware that the products they buy elsewhere because they dont want to shop in such a scuzzy shop as poundland are actually cheaper in poundland?

do you work for poundland?

No.

Do you work for Bid and/or Price-drop?

That's it bingo thanks for highlighted my post even more, Pensioners and many other folk sit in front of a TV set without the interweb, Ah bingo tsk tsk jumping to conclusions that everyone has access to the web.

who the heck do you think bids customers are? that they shop solely and exclusively on bid tv? they dont do a weekly shop at a supermarket or watch adverts on TV or open a newspaper or speak to other human beings? they just live in a ...... buying solar figurines from the 'pretty colourful box in the corner'

Judging by the people who post on bid's facebook page you have described them exactly. Well done bingowings.

The macadamia shampoo and conditioners are available in Savers too, £1. The argan oil shampoos etc, also available in Savers, £1.

hey Bingo, I posted an 8 KG parcel the other day, tracked delivery, 48 hours from me dropping it to the customer, £8.25.............. just sayin' :p

The macadamia shampoo and conditioners are available in Savers too, £1. The argan oil shampoos etc, also available in Savers, £1.

hey Bingo, I posted an 8 KG parcel the other day, tracked delivery, 48 hours from me dropping it to the customer, £8.25.............. just sayin' :p

A few weeks ago we ordered a 12 Litre Halogen Oven, a Steam Mop and an iPad case all from the same online retailer, £2.95 p+p for the lot.

And they didn't take 5 working days to all arrive let alone 10 working days and definitely not 14 working days :mysmilie_59:

£2.95 p+p to all arrive in less than a week or £23.97 to possibly arrive much later? Hmmm.

I think this business is just going to show as Poundshops are becoming so much more competitive and offering the punter pretty amazing deals, retailers like Bid and its subsidiaries are suffering, but seemingly can't/won't do anything about it. Poundshops have always been good don't get me wrong, but there was always a pretty big gap between what you could buy there and what you could buy in a "discount retailer" -Poundstretcher for instance - This gap is closing. Poundstretcher will probably be ok, as it sells quite a wide range of stuff that wouldn't be practical or possible to sell in Poundland....eg, duvets, beanbags etc, Bid on the other hand sells mainly tangible little trinkets and low end cosmetics and electricals all which could be undercut by Poundland,99p Stores etc readily. I don't know how long Bid and price drop intend to struggle on before they throw in the towel, but they really need to do something spectacular to survive. I haven't got the answer, but it does seem pretty obvious that they need to take a look at what they're selling and realise that they're actually selling the same stock as poundshops (the lowest end you can get bar market stalls) but are charging 3 times the price and then some - They need to up their game!

I think this business is just going to show as Poundshops are becoming so much more competitive and offering the punter pretty amazing deals, retailers like Bid and its subsidiaries are suffering, but seemingly can't/won't do anything about it. Poundshops have always been good don't get me wrong, but there was always a pretty big gap between what you could buy there and what you could buy in a "discount retailer" -Poundstretcher for instance - This gap is closing. Poundstretcher will probably be ok, as it sells quite a wide range of stuff that wouldn't be practical or possible to sell in Poundland....eg, duvets, beanbags etc, Bid on the other hand sells mainly tangible little trinkets and low end cosmetics and electricals all which could be undercut by Poundland,99p Stores etc readily. I don't know how long Bid and price drop intend to struggle on before they throw in the towel, but they really need to do something spectacular to survive. I haven't got the answer, but it does seem pretty obvious that they need to take a look at what they're selling and realise that they're actually selling the same stock as poundshops (the lowest end you can get bar market stalls) but are charging 3 times the price and then some - They need to up their game!

If they need to charge £15 before delivery for products that would cost £3 in a pound shop or £19.99 for products that would cost £6 then their books must be in an appalling mess. They'll plod on no doubt, fleecing people along the way. But it can't carry on and it surely won't.

I know what i'd be doing if I worked for them.

I noticed this thread yesterday afternoon, went on the link and ordered the Argan Oil shampoos, conditioners and the macadamia shampoos and quite a few other bits and pieces. The total delivery cost was £3.95 and the parcel ,was delivered at 9.30 this morning, beat that Bidtv !!

I noticed this thread yesterday afternoon, went on the link and ordered the Argan Oil shampoos, conditioners and the macadamia shampoos and quite a few other bits and pieces. The total delivery cost was £3.95 and the parcel ,was delivered at 9.30 this morning, beat that Bidtv !!

Great to hear caravella, do spread the word!

They are seriously overcharging and they must surely know it but that of course is their prerogative.

It's also our prerogative to let as many people as possible know about it :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back