Poundworld Now Deliver - Check This Out & Save A Fortune on Bid Ripoffs!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yet you carry on watching on a daily basis?

These channels still have some entertainment value left in them, even though nowadays it's not so much a car crash more a pileup involving six coaches, two trains and an oil tanker. You have to stop watching after a short while!

I did manage to stop watching the channels for five months (stopping when they were still doing Jackpot June last year and started again mid-November), and now there's the distinctly perverse thrill of seeing how low/tacky they can go along with the vaguest hope of them being suddenly pulled off-air whilst you're watching as bailiffs storm in to take what's left of the solar fairies with the colour changing globe before realising that their whole stock's only worth £3.27 and a packet of Gollum's crayons.

P&P not included of course.

These channels still have some entertainment value left in them, even though nowadays it's not so much a car crash more a pileup involving six coaches, two trains and an oil tanker. You have to stop watching after a short while!

I did manage to stop watching the channels for five months (stopping when they were still doing Jackpot June last year and started again mid-November), and now there's the distinctly perverse thrill of seeing how low/tacky they can go along with the vaguest hope of them being suddenly pulled off-air whilst you're watching as bailiffs storm in to take what's left of the solar fairies with the colour changing globe before realising that their whole stock's only worth £3.27 and a packet of Gollum's crayons.

That really made me laugh out loud!!!:mysmilie_15:

I think that's being generous

Yet you carry on watching on a daily basis?

Get over yourself Benny. It's the car crash element of this network that is the diamond. I fcuking hate what sit-ups are doing to the elderly and the vulnerable. One day this business will get it's comeuppance and I for one will be rejoicing when that happens. :mysmilie_3:

Get over yourself Benny. It's the car crash element of this network that is the diamond. I fcuking hate what sit-ups are doing to the elderly and the vulnerable. One day this business will get it's comeuppance and I for one will be rejoicing when that happens. :mysmilie_3:

But in the meantime Greg couldn't you find it in your heart to buy a Poncho?

We need to keep them ticking over for a while longer before the plug is pulled, there's too much fun to be had yet.

Particularly split ends tonight.

image.jpg

Those slacks didn't sell well, perhaps Poundland have them too?

The shysters are shilling the £1 Macadamia shampoo and conditioner again, £14.99 plus p+p. Sally said the difference when buying a good shampoo (£1 in Poundworld & poundshop.com) is that it makes a major change to the hair and you should never stick to the same brand of hair and beauty products although she didn't really explain why.

image.jpg

Sally, you're full of shat.

The shysters are shilling the £1 Macadamia shampoo and conditioner again, £14.99 plus p+p. Sally said the difference when buying a good shampoo (£1 in Poundworld & poundshop.com) is that it makes a major change to the hair and you should never stick to the same brand of hair and beauty products although she didn't really explain why.

View attachment 10167

Sally, you're full of shat.

I wonder if you should change from one they are selling to one they are not selling

i wonder if her logic would apply to her then.

I wonder if you should change from one they are selling to one they are not selling

i wonder if her logic would apply to her then.

Well the laughable thing is her next product was Cyclax that she was saying had been around for 900 years so it's really good, shouldn't you keep using that either?

That argan shampoo range is also in Savers here in Sussex. The price? £1 each ofcourse!

and now?

"Still a pound!" (I miss snatch it!)

that's astonishing.... the mark up bid are making on this

Apart from the ripoff merchants at Bid the Argan Oil products only ever seem to sold for either £1 or 99p in the wide variety of stores who stock it.

I wonder if Shyster Sherlock tells him Mum to buy it from him on Bid when he almost certainly knows it's available in loads of stores for a quid in his hometown?

I'm beginning to think that he actually would.

It's still not a bad mark up if they're actually buying from a £1 shop! So they're making plenty if they source it as cheaply as the pound shops do and still make money selling it for £1 or 99p. I'd love to know what the unit wholesale price is.

It's still not a bad mark up if they're actually buying from a £1 shop! So they're making plenty if they source it as cheaply as the pound shops do and still make money selling it for £1 or 99p. I'd love to know what the unit wholesale price is.

On the documentary about Poundworld the owner mentioned that if he cut his prices by just one or two pence (as a competitor was temporarily doing) it would completely wipe out his margin.

I'm sure he was being candid, that kind of gives you some idea just how much Bid are making on each unit and they don't have 300 stores, thousands of staff and all the associated overheads although of course they will have their own costs to manage.

It's still gotta be a big fat Kerching though.

Oh gosh Greenwood has just given a price check for Ilah brows travel kit. £54.99 on Ilah website, £19.99 on bid + usual extortionate p+p. Strangely, none of them ever tell you that argan oil, macademia shampoos/conditioner etc are £20+ at bid, but if you nip into poundland they'll only cost you a quid!

Last edited:

I watch the BBC1 programme The Sheriffs are Coming for just one reason - one day they will be on their way to Acton and I want to see that! But you are right, they couldn't seize anything of any value!

Oh gosh Greenwood has just given a price check for Ilah brows travel kit. £54.99 on Ilah website, £19.99 on bid + usual extortionate p+p. Strangely, none of them ever tell you that argan oil, macademia shampoos/conditioner etc are £20+ at bid, but if you nip into poundland they'll only cost you a quid!

I wouldn't expect any retailer to tell you that....

Latest posts

Back