Presenter home try-outs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's probably why QVC is the dearest place to shop, giving freebies away all over the place and for what reason? The recipient of the freebie is never going to give an honest opinion if they're not happy with it now are they, so it's an utter total waste of money, and it's you the QVC customer who are paying for these freebies.

That's probably why QVC is the dearest place to shop, giving freebies away all over the place and for what reason? The recipient of the freebie is never going to give an honest opinion if they're not happy with it now are they, so it's an utter total waste of money, and it's you the QVC customer who are paying for these freebies.

more than likely cost qvc very little money in real terms retail mark up is very high. maybe the vendors give out the freebies even cheaper

more than likely cost qvc very little money in real terms retail mark up is very high. maybe the vendors give out the freebies even cheaper

That's true but even if QVC get them on the cheap, either way, the QVC customer is still paying for something that's totally unnecessary that QVC are giving away to panels, guests, presenters etc. when you think about it, were do all those opened pots of creams, pies and used vacuum cleaners go? To staff perks and again, it's you the QVC customer who are paying for it.

That's true but even if QVC get them on the cheap, either way, the QVC customer is still paying for something that's totally unnecessary that QVC are giving away to panels, guests, presenters etc. when you think about it, were do all those opened pots of creams, pies and used vacuum cleaners go? To staff perks and again, it's you the QVC customer who are paying for it.

its the way of retail as a consumer you vote with your feet. to buy or not to buy that is the question. all companies give stuff away offer staff perks and discounts. not new! cutomers will always foot the bill thats business

The last I'm saying on it is yes some businesses do have perks, though I doubt Currys would give staff members £400 Dysons or £800 TVs though. I doubt any other business's give thousands of pounds worth of "perks" away to staff each week, they wouldn't be in business for long if they did. I doubt other businesses would give perks to staff totalling thousands per week then add the cost on to the consumer, only QVC seem to able to get away with that. Also, I voted with my feet a while back.

That's a criticism which could be levelled at every single business out there, frankly. If every business selling stuff didn't give a single perk or benefit to their staff, their products might be cheaper... but they'd have a hard time holding onto staff or attracting new staff.

Well, to be honest when I worked in retail, at my interview I never dreamt of asking what 'perks' or benefits I would get, generally a 20% staff discount, but never got any 'stuff' as freebies, ever - in fact I was thankful I was given a job with a salary !

Nor did I, brissles. It's one thing giving staff perks, but it's quite another thing to give it to them for said staff to then go off and rate everything they've been given highly in order to tempt you and me to part with our hard-earned money on products that didn't deserve the high rating. When did you last see a poor staff review?

qvc presenters are sales persons and we all know to keep thier jobs they will exaggerate claims. some items are good but most items are average at best.

I remember when this was first mention perhaps two years ago??? Someone on ST(sorry cannot remember who), said that QVC had a research company go out in London on the dreaded high street. They stopped asked people if they would do a survey? If you fit the bill then got chosen to because a customer panel member, then they contacted you at a later date? Now if you didn't live in London you had no chance. If not walking the dreaded high street at the right time and day, no chance.

Now perhaps its just me? But how about it the computer randomly picked customers for a survey and then let them do the product testing? Much fairer to the thousands of QVC customers who just do not live in London.

Agree with you!! Well I don't live in London so I have NO chance!! Bit of a joke really, they need to branch out and stop using the SAME PEOPLE that pop up all the time. Very boring and unfair!:mysmilie_490:

The media, retail, everything is based around London and that style of living. If you live beyond the Watford gap you may as well not exist!

The last I'm saying on it is yes some businesses do have perks, though I doubt Currys would give staff members £400 Dysons or £800 TVs though.

For me the difference is that QVC would give an item to maybe 2 or 3 staff who present this item to thousands of customers they don't give it to several hundred staff which a a chain like Currys would have to do in order to present it to thousands of people.

For me the difference is that QVC would give an item to maybe 2 or 3 staff who present this item to thousands of customers they don't give it to several hundred staff which a a chain like Currys would have to do in order to present it to thousands of people.

Two or three Dysons a week comes to over one thousand pound, two or three Vitamix another week come to over one thousand pound, all the tested food and beauty products a week must comes to hundred, two or three TSVs at three a day over a week comes to hundreds maybe thousands per week, not to mention all the free stuff the "customer panel" gets, free Dysons, hair removal sets, facial toners all costing in their hundreds. Shops on the dreaded high streets products are competitive and virtually the same price, give or take a couple of pounds. QVCs p&p is extortionate and their prices are a lot dearer than anywhere else, so like I said, it's you the QVC customer who are paying for all those freebies.

The presenters are fortunate to be given the products, gratis. If you work in retail sales, you get offers for staff, but still have to buy the items.

Two or three Dysons a week comes to over one thousand pound, two or three Vitamix another week come to over one thousand pound, all the tested food and beauty products a week must comes to hundred, two or three TSVs at three a day over a week comes to hundreds maybe thousands per week, not to mention all the free stuff the "customer panel" gets, free Dysons, hair removal sets, facial toners all costing in their hundreds. Shops on the dreaded high streets products are competitive and virtually the same price, give or take a couple of pounds. QVCs p&p is extortionate and their prices are a lot dearer than anywhere else, so like I said, it's you the QVC customer who are paying for all those freebies.

Do they freebies actually come from stock that QVC pay for or are they from the supplier?

If I'm thinking of buying from QVC I decide whether or not to buy based on whether the item is worth the price so nobody is forcing me to pay for anything.

Half the time the presenter thats given the TSV doesnt even had a show with it , Jackie Kabler didnt have a YC show yet was given the Tsv, Its happened alot in the past, all we get is there testimony of how great it is flashed on screen so IMO its a pointless exercise.

maybe the bigger items they have to give it back or get it at a much reduced price if they want to keep it. there are so many items on e bay that qvc sell,sold as seconds or returns

Do they freebies actually come from stock that QVC pay for or are they from the supplier?

If I'm thinking of buying from QVC I decide whether or not to buy based on whether the item is worth the price so nobody is forcing me to pay for anything.

No you're not being forced to, never said you was, the cost is automatically added on to whatever you "choose" to buy, whenever you buy, the money is added on to the price. Like the morning show competition, do you really think the £250 per week comes out of QVCs pocket, no loss ever comes out of QVCs pocket.

maybe the bigger items they have to give it back or get it at a much reduced price if they want to keep it. there are so many items on e bay that qvc sell,sold as seconds or returns

Most of them are from a certain A. Dawson :mysmilie_59:

No you're not being forced to, never said you was, the cost is automatically added on to whatever you "choose" to buy, whenever you buy, the money is added on to the price. Like the morning show competition, do you really think the £250 per week comes out of QVCs pocket, no loss ever comes out of QVCs pocket.

You could criticise all sorts of things that QVC spend their money on, maybe some staff are overpaid, maybe Will stayed in an expensive hotel when he went filming abroad, maybe the buyers claim too much in expenses when they go to the foreign jewellery fairs, the list is endless. It's their business and if they decide to spend their money in certain ways it's their choice and whether we buy is our choice.

Latest posts

Back