Presenters on the shopping channel merry-go-round

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

wish we could divorce ourselves from QVC's Twitter obsession...but we can't

Jude xx

Haven't seen the new presenter yet. Not fussed though. Will see her when I see her innit u ghet me.

Oliver, Her personal twatter ooops I mean twitter account?? There's no such thing! The whole point of it is to "broadcast" your comments hence people follow other people's comments on it PUBLICALLY.
Thing is if you're ever in the media/public eye in a customer facing role you accept & abide by the appropriate protocol & accept the consequences of your actions if you don't. She made smutty, crude posts repeatedly, not just the odd couple of times after a nite out. Personally I found her sucking up to Glen for the few mins I watched on on a learning curve about annoraks apparently quite patronising, just my view.
QVC do like to think they're a cut above the rest when it comes to shopping channels in the UK & someone with this history on their presenting team is quite embarassing imo.

Df makes crude and smutty remarks on air all the time least this new girl only does it on twatter ;) lol

I've always thought of this Forum as a friendly place to have a banter and express an opinion and still do. I know we won't all agree on everything and sometimes spats break out but please let's not get involved with what is said on these so called social network sites as in my opinion they cause more trouble than they are worth.

I did not know Q try to be whiter than white I thought they just tried to sell,sell,sell at all costs. I also did not know someone had been telling other members what they could and could not post, oops. Last but not least I only discovered today that (allegedly) some Forum members have been forming 'cliques'. It's a good thing I only class the forum as a bit of fun and don't ever take it seriously.

See life is strange, many things go on that people aren't aware of. For example you come across people that are very politically correct. They appear to defend almost anything, especially if someone is criticised. They can take their dismay to the extreme. Weird thing is they seem to feel its okay for their comments to be rude, or offensive or just plain bitter. Hypocrisy springs to mind.

Its also like reading from people who are actively critical of others, you know those that are like a dog with a bone, where they just won't leave people alone and criticise their every word or action. Where they take it to the extreme, but it seems okay for people like that to make comment, but whoa betide anyone that should criticise the drivel that comes out of their mouth.

Also like being criticised for being in a so called 'cliques', you know one of those FB groups where you chat complete rubbish to each other about things. See they are quite evil really. It would be far far more acceptable to PM everyone you can think of (umm isn't that just a secret cliques in a way) saying anything you like. Of course no one would lie, embellish, exaggerate, or cause trouble. People don't do that do they?

What would be extremely funny though if people were 'warned' about others! Now that would be hilarious. Take little old me, I wouldn't say boo to a goose, but some might tell people otherwise :wink:

Then again I may try joining a forum and try becoming top dog, policing it, running it, casting my eye over posts that don't meet with my extreme wit, humour and intelligence and knocking them back. I could use it as a crutch for the real world. Oh what cyber power I'd be proud of wheeling in my boudoir.

I've always thought of this Forum as a friendly place to have a banter and express an opinion and still do. I know we won't all agree on everything and sometimes spats break out but please let's not get involved with what is said on these so called social network sites as in my opinion they cause more trouble than they are worth.

Yeh I think Chloe's probably finding that out :wink::grin:
Like Sazza said earlier on this very thread, if you put something in writing in the public domain it can be pasted anywhere. With all due respect and with that thought in mind I shall post what I please on here. I don't want to offend but I DO have a choice and don't need to be told or advised what I can & can't post except if a moderator ever intervened, which has never happened to me. We're not making stuff up to deliberately slate the woman, simply reiterating what she put out there in the very public domain. She tweeted it for that very reason, why else would you post something on your twatter account, ooops I mean twitter? (silly me did it again lol).

Last edited:
See life is strange, many things go on that people aren't aware of. For example you come across people that are very politically correct. They appear to defend almost anything, especially if someone is criticised. They can take their dismay to the extreme. Weird thing is they seem to feel its okay for their comments to be rude, or offensive or just plain bitter. Hypocrisy springs to mind.

Its also like reading from people who are actively critical of others, you know those that are like a dog with a bone, where they just won't leave people alone and criticise their every word or action. Where they take it to the extreme, but it seems okay for people like that to make comment, but whoa betide anyone that should criticise the drivel that comes out of their mouth.

Also like being criticised for being in a so called 'cliques', you know one of those FB groups where you chat complete rubbish to each other about things. See they are quite evil really. It would be far far more acceptable to PM everyone you can think of (umm isn't that just a secret cliques in a way) saying anything you like. Of course no one would lie, embellish, exaggerate, or cause trouble. People don't do that do they?

What would be extremely funny though if people were 'warned' about others! Now that would be hilarious. Take little old me, I wouldn't say boo to a goose, but some might tell people otherwise :wink:

Then again I may try joining a forum and try becoming top dog, policing it, running it, casting my eye over posts that don't meet with my extreme wit, humour and intelligence and knocking them back. I could use it as a crutch for the real world. Oh what cyber power I'd be proud of wheeling in my boudoir.

Totally agree! There are some real weirdos on these websites.

Totally agree! There are some real weirdos on these websites.

The worrying thing ... not that it worries me particularly ... is that t'internet seems to have a higher percentage of weirdos than real life. So either t'internet is more attractive to weirdos or those weirdos are still weirdos in real life but they're better at hiding it face to face.

It seems to me that if the content of someone's tweets or forum posts can come up with something as simple as a google search, which of course they can, there is no argument whatsoever for suggesting that "what happens on twitter stays on twitter/ Facebook." It doesn't and it never will, and it seems to me that Chloe is bright enough to have known exactly what she was doing at the time.

She was working in the media. She wanted to be famous. She thought that the kind of fame associated with being a bit naughty gets you where you want to be. Add being blonde, pretty and clever as well and hey presto, fast track to fame. Only, I suspect that Sky had had quite enough sleaze with the Andy Grey sexist behaviour thank you very much, so Chloe chose the wrong channel at the wrong time, and now she has ended up being a presenter on a shopping channel. I would be ashamed if that was me. Isn't this only maternity cover? If so it's likely she is just doing this to fill a gap in her CV whilst she considers her next move. I reckon in a couple of years we will be seeing her on one of those Z list reality shows.

Don't get me wrong, I don 't hold her past against her or anything like that. We have all made mistakes in the past, but I think it is wrong to think Chloe regrets the tweets because of their content. I think she knew exactly what she was doing, did it deliberately in a misguided attempt to progress her career, but it backfired. Her regret is likely to be that it didn't work this time round. But ashamed of what she said? Naaaaah. People are still talking about her, aren't they? And maybe Q know this and hope that she opens doors to a new kind of audience! Haven't we all been saying that the older client base won't last forever?

I think Chloe is doing really well as a QVC presenter, however she sees her future at QVC. I think she is just what Q needs to go forward. Young, sexy presenters, use of social media...whatever next? A teenage and twenty-something clientbase? I happen to know an 18 year old who is really into QVC beauty. Likes Mally, New CID, Bare Minerals and Laura Geller and the Elemis TSV's. Not the fashion though. YET.

The worrying thing ... not that it worries me particularly ... is that t'internet seems to have a higher percentage of weirdos than real life. So either t'internet is more attractive to weirdos or those weirdos are still weirdos in real life but they're better at hiding it face to face.

i have had my fair share of wierdo's on line . sadly they can do what they please , this is why people shouldnt share very personal details with others , I was on the verge of involving the police because some nutter traced the village i lived in via the name on a sign of a farm i go to , he googled it & came up with the village name

that seriously freaked me out to be honest , i was frantically searching my phone numbers on google to see if anything came up that i had posted years ago that could lead to an address , but thankfully nothing was found

Sorry BB but i don't agree with posting wot Chloe has written on her twiitter account onto this forum, someone did something similar on another thread , took information from the drop and posted in the main forum and they were slated for doing so, u doing this is no different to that. Thats her personal twitter account and she can write wot she likes, ur not made to follow her or look at wot she writes so it has no relevance to her being a gd qvc presenter or not. Give the poor girl a break

There is no such thing as a private twitter account. There have been highly public cases where people have been prosecuted for obscene comments on Twitter, that is how public it is. People post on there to publicise their thoughts and opinions. I am not saying that people don't deserve privacy, or that posting racy comments on Twitter affects your presentation skills, but it certainly wasn't a private thing to do.

There is no such thing as a private twitter account. There have been highly public cases where people have been prosecuted for obscene comments on Twitter, that is how public it is. People post on there to publicise their thoughts and opinions. I am not saying that people don't deserve privacy, or that posting racy comments on Twitter affects your presentation skills, but it certainly wasn't a private thing to do.

I never said private i said personal. I was mearly pointing out that someone posted on another thread about something someone had said in the drop and the were jumped on for doing so.

I never said private i said personal. I was mearly pointing out that someone posted on another thread about something someone had said in the drop and the were jumped on for doing so.
They weren;t "jumped" on, they quoted something that a member had posted in the drop, which to me is unacceptable, so opinions were expressed both ways, and their opinions were put quite forcefully at times,
so no one was jumped on. Exchanges were made and were settled and IMO you are trying to start it all up again

They weren;t "jumped" on, they quoted something that a member had posted in the drop, which to me is unacceptable, so opinions were expressed both ways, and their opinions were put quite forcefully at times,
so no one was jumped on. Exchanges were made and were settled and IMO you are trying to start it all up again

Umm no just stating that its not one rule for one person on here another for someone else but anyway bored now of this topic

Well, you may disagree Oliver but in my book a private individual posting in a restricted section of a niche Internet forum isn't quite the same as a sky tv sports presenter tweeting to her public.

Its comments like wot u have just said that causes arguments , everyone is allowed to have there opionion, doesnt matter how long u have been a memeber here, u need to except people may not agree with u and move on and not make it personal

Sorry Oliver you did say personal. My point remains the same though. Twitter isn't personal, it's public. It's not even about communicating with friends which Facebook could legitimately claim. But in any event I see the point you are making although in fact the drop is not publicly visible and posts from there can't be searched on google I believe. Whilst VIP membership is available to everyone there is a level of security and the categories are arguably more personal.

Its comments like wot u have just said that causes arguments , everyone is allowed to have there opionion, doesnt matter how long u have been a memeber here, u need to except people may not agree with u and move on and not make it personal

I think that's a bit harsh. Barb is also entitled to her opinion, hence she stated it & moving on from what ever was said at the time is exactly what she is suggesting is the way I read her post.

I don't see how i was causing an argument i was merely replying that the OP was opening up an earlier thread, and he didn;t need too, so to me he was inflaming the situation.

Latest posts

Back