Quidco cashback increased to 6%

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
QVC Quidco cashback increased to 6%
well that's it really, if you're a regular QVC shopper it's well worth registering with the site: www.quidco.com ....you'll need to supply bank details to receive you cash back but it's all above board.

I've been a member for 4 years and have received cashback to into 4 figures :glass:

Jude xx

Last edited:
Dont know why I didnt do this years ago as I have spent thousands on QVC.

Joined last night but still waiting for my email so I can activate my account

Quidco are great...they are really responsive on the few times I have experienced glitches and once your account is up and running, they are very regular with payments (to begin with it took a couple of months longer than anticipated to make the first payment into my account but after that it has happened like clockwork)

Bluebell - make sure you check your spam folder in case your mail provider has sent it there automatically...it is a while since I set it up, but I seem to remember them being pretty quick to set up...if it still does not arrive, then request a password reset and it will show whether the email account is on their system (and you will be sent a new email and be up and running) or not (then you will have to register again)

I love Quidco. I've been a member for a couple of years now but wish I'd had it since starting to shop with QVC. It has other great cashback deals too. I recently switched energy supplies to EON and am in the pipeline (no pun intended) to get £70 cashback via Quidco. Even if it is only a few pounds every now and again it's better than nothing.

I have been a member since November and already earned over £300. I got £50 for an orange mobile phone contract for my son for xmas and £140 back for booking our flights to the USA for our holidays. Plus i use Topcashback as they have some shops on there that arent on quidco - like boots and gardening direct have earnt £30 with them too.

Even the little bits of 10p here and 20p there from ebay soon add up. Have got all my friends into it as well now.

Bluebell - make sure you check your spam folder in case your mail provider has sent it there automatically...it is a while since I set it up, but I seem to remember them being pretty quick to set up...if it still does not arrive, then request a password reset and it will show whether the email account is on their system (and you will be sent a new email and be up and running) or not (then you will have to register again)

I have checked my spam folder and its not there, I have tried to register again and it says that the username is already in use so I presume thats mine so have asked for ANOTHER authentication email to be sent.
If I dont get one this time I will try and register again with another username

Sorry to sound naive but how does this work then and do I have to order from QVC in a different way? Sounds interesting I must say!

I will try to explain -me not being techy - maybe someone techy will come along later....

You sign up with quidco then go through the quidco link to get to the supplier ie qvc to buy your item - you will earn a percentage ie 6% now with qvc of what you buy this is added to your quidco account and then when it has been tracked and validated it will be paid into your bank (if that is the method you choose). It takes 2-3 months to get paid but is worth the wait.

With quidco they take the first £5 as joining fee per year - after that it is all yours. Topcashback is free to join.

The important thing is to remember that you have to 'clear your cookies' as this is what it uses to track the sale. This I don't understand as it is techy. But I keep a separate browser on my desktop which I use for logging into either quidco or topcash back so it tracks the cookies when i 'go shopping'.

Hope this is a little understandable.

I love quidco and only wish I'd discovered it years ago. I only joined last November but have already made over £100 just on things I was going to buy anyway (quite a bit from QVC). We got £45 for changing our car insurance to a cheaper provider - good news all round :)

Quidco is the best

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

I will try to explain -me not being techy - maybe someone techy will come along later....

The important thing is to remember that you have to 'clear your cookies' as this is what it uses to track the sale. This I don't understand as it is techy. But I keep a separate browser on my desktop which I use for logging into either quidco or topcash back so it tracks the cookies when i 'go shopping'.

Hope this is a little understandable.

That bit sounds scary!! What I don't understand is what's in for them. What benefit (apart from the initial £5) do they get from giving you all this money back?

That bit sounds scary!! What I don't understand is what's in for them. What benefit (apart from the initial £5) do they get from giving you all this money back?

I don't know either but I know that millions of people use them and they are always recommended on Martins Money Saver site etc. If there was an issue I am sure he would not recommend them.

Quidco is the best

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

I too think Quidco is the best but they do not have all the suppliers on there and as I said before some places I buy from are only on Topcashback - so I use them rather than get nothing back. Also Topcashback sometimes have better deals and better percentages than Quidco.

Best thing to do is to check both before you buy.

I would say the best is www.cashbackkings.co.uk they do not charge a £5 fee and have loads more places to shop then Quidco, also they promise the highest cashback, so if you see higher cashback anywhere else they match it, this means you always get the best % back and you keep your money in one place

I also prefer it as you can draw your money when you want or take them as Amazon vouchers which you get instantly

Thanks Deanos I am still having problems registering with quidco so think I will give this one a try.

Just had a quick look and I notice you get 12% back from the beauty room.

Re rosey's comment about clearing cookies can someone expand on this and are these sites "safe" to use, I think its whats been putting me off in the past

Yes they are perfectly safe to use :)

You want to use CC cleaner to clear cookies, download it here >
http://www.ccleaner.com/

Just run it before you go to the cashback site, if you go into the Options tab and click Cookies you can choose the ones you want to keep, ones for shoppingtelly.com for example you want to keep as they automatically log you onto this site

I have had over £400 back from Quidco in almost 3 years since I've been a member, and Mr Lily has had a similar amount. In particular, Mr Lily did very well with his car insurance, saving £110 on the quote and getting a hefty cashback sum into the bargain :wink2:
Unfortunately, many of the vendors I used regularly have recently disappeared from Quidco - Lakeland used to be on there, and Garden Bird Supplies, both gone now, plus some others I can't think of just now.
As for 'what's in it for them?', their policy is very clearly stated on the website. They don't get anything other than the £5 annual admin fee from each member, which is why they ask you to spread the word.

Re the cookies etc: for these sites to work the they need to be able to follow your internet track from their site to the retailer's 'order confirmation' page. This is to show the recommendation came from quidco.
Companies pay huge sums to advertise on websites (inc this one!) but by signing up to quidco and offerring discounts to us that cost is reduced: we get some of the 'cashback ourselves, quidco get some, and they (retailer) can have info on how many users are accessing and purchasing through this or other site -where they'll sepnd their advertising and promo monies nest.
The cookies need to be cleared (go to tools and options on IE) otherwise previous site visit info is stored -you know when you go back to a site later and your basket is still full- because it doesnt show that the originating order came via quidco or other cash back sites.
Its safe, they just to follow your tracks re the ordering.
Hope that helps!!

Re the cookies etc: for these sites to work the they need to be able to follow your internet track from their site to the retailer's 'order confirmation' page. This is to show the recommendation came from quidco.
Companies pay huge sums to advertise on websites (inc this one!) but by signing up to quidco and offerring discounts to us that cost is reduced: we get some of the 'cashback ourselves, quidco get some, and they (retailer) can have info on how many users are accessing and purchasing through this or other site -where they'll sepnd their advertising and promo monies nest.
The cookies need to be cleared (go to tools and options on IE) otherwise previous site visit info is stored -you know when you go back to a site later and your basket is still full- because it doesnt show that the originating order came via quidco or other cash back sites.
Its safe, they just to follow your tracks re the ordering.
Hope that helps!!

My understanding is that Quidco is a co-operative and does not keep any of the commission, apart from the £5 annual fee. As explained here:
http://www.quidco.com/help/24/

Quidco is a co-operative and does not keep any of the commission, apart from the £5 annual fee

I stand corrected pickalily, thank you, although lots of fivers makes a tidy sum!

Latest posts

Back