QVC and A'kin

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LADY TIA

Registered Shopper
Hello

There used to be dedicated one hour a'kin shows on QVC, there are still some items on the website but I've noticed that there hasn't been a show for ages, the reviews of a'kin on the qvc website are really good so what's going on. Although I noticed a one time only in a beauty show yesterday but that's the first time I've seen it featured in ages.

Do you think le Q is going to stop stocking or that they can't get stock sufficient to dedicate to full hour shows? its just they don't seem to feature it in any shows, that being said the AD skin synergy oil has been sold on QVC for years and is apparently a real favourite but is hardly ever featured.

A'kin along with AD is one of the more truly natural brands on QVC and I'd be sad to see it go.

Does anyone use and buy from QVC (or elsewhere) and stayed with it for a while?

I should add I don't use this (have tried in the past) but I am just about to having bought the sensitive kit from another retailer (peri oral dermatitis, angiodema along wiht all my usual horrible skin issues, poor me) and the rosehip oil from QVC.

I'd love to know what others think

Thank youuuuuuu
:flower:

Never used A'Kin but people who do seem to really love this brand. I think QVC no matter what the reviews good or bad its all about the amount sold. Say Elemis/Decleor/Gatineau can each sell £70,000 worth of products in one show but A'Kin or AD only sell £10,000. They will keep showing the bigger selling brands more often.

Or it could actually be A'Kin cannot supply the amount of stock QVC want or perhaps they are slow at supply new stock to QVC?

I'm disappointed by the lack of A'kin shows on le Q, but Donna is right on this one.

I'm a devotee of the brand and have been for a while. I haven't had a bad product from the range - I buy from MyPure who offer outstanding delivery and very often you get freebies. Their CS is second to none. Very often they have good deals on pricing and 2 for 1 offers as well. If you have a Tesco with a NutriCentre attached to it you can buy from there too.

I love A'kin especially the Rose and Geranium cleanser as it smells divine. It's always hard to get at a reasonable price so thanks barbedwire for the heads up on My Pure. :flower:

I do wish QVC would do more A'Kin shows as the amount of people who love it surely warrants some shows or more slots in the general beauty hours.

I think I am one of the few people who didn't get on with A'kin, though I loved much of it I discovered my skin has a sensitivity to rose oils. I did like the Sandlewood and Neroli wash, but found it too drying after a while. From this forum I was put onto Mir and it is great for problem skin and it lasts for ages. I wonder if the Q has cut back and will phase out A'Kin as it is so widely available elsewhere and often at cheaper prices.

thank you

Hello
Thanks everyone much appreciated, yes Donna i'm with you on the theory, slow at supplying and/or not enough sales, its a shame.

Barbedwire and catkins there are loads of deals out there on pricing, I think mypure can be quite expensive, there are good prices at QVC obviously although not eveything in stock and places like skinutrition.co.uk and bathandunwind.com to name just two oo and salonskincare too.

Mypure has good offers but the individual price items for akin cleanser etc has shot up a lot, i remember when it was about £12.99 is now £18.00! THe ceelular serum is £26.99 at mypure and was £19.99 when they first starrted selling it.

Concordia - I couldn't use the rose de mai and lavender and rose night cream from the regular range and I'm yet to see how I go with the cleanser but the unscented cream for allergic skin seems OK so far for me.

thanks again everyone :)

hi i have used a'kin for a couple of years and find that it is good value as you only need a small amount and the cleanser is twice the size of most ranges clensers. i have also found that i cannot use the rosehip oil and the rosehip and shea moistutiser as it seems to make me devlop red patches of ezcema around my eyes and on the rest of my face. i love the cleanser and the emergency gel. i find the shampoo is good as i have scalp dermatitis and it does not make my scalp sore or itchy. as with all ranges not every product will suit everybody skin.

Latest posts

Back