QVC Beauty Awards - what’s the point?!?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Gin Queen

Registered Shopper
So.....I did the survey, pressed submit, survey completed.
All OK - thought I’d try on another device, seemed to complete as well.
Strange I though - I’m sure that previously I was told ‘you’ve completed survey once, so thanks and goodbye (paraphrasing)’
I’ve now completed the survey 6 times - choosing various brands, some I’ve never heard of, for shiz’n’giggs, and it says the same message - survey completed
.....what is the point of a survey that can easily be manipulated, I don’t think you even need to be signed in as a customer, let alone a previous purchaser of any of the items ‘someone’ has selected!?!
If it’s that easy - I suggest we all complete it as many times as we can be bothered, and knock the multiple award winners off their smug faced perch!
Oh, and if it changes then at least we know that someone from the Q bubble actually reads this forum.......

I've never been asked to complete any survey. So take heart that you've filled in several for the rest of us !!!!

I filled it in but I'd never heard of half the nominees or tried their products. What do the winning companies get? Mentions on QVC? Free air time? Or is it just the prestige of winning a pointless competition :mysmilie_17:

CC

I filled it in and, apart from voting for one thing that I use, I ticked products that I'd never used or heard of. I doubt it will matter to the end result, because I'm sure it's fixed, but it was me staging a little "rebellion." :wink:

And I've just completed the survey again on the same device as before and didn't get a message saying that I'd already completed it. So does that mean that the results are 'fait accompli?'

I’ve done it and voted for the ones I’ve not heard of so obviously anyone can vote as many times as they like so no wonder the same ones win every year.

I find the Beauty Awards the most cringeworthy show of the year and it's essential viewing for all the wrong reasons.

I filled it in and, apart from voting for one thing that I use, I ticked products that I'd never used or heard of. I doubt it will matter to the end result, because I'm sure it's fixed, but it was me staging a little "rebellion.
I have done the same Toril as I’m not convinced that the awards are are genuine winners just biggest money makers for Q, will see if any of these rogue votes make a difference....probably not! Cynical moi?

No Elemis in the anti ageing and no l’occ hand only foot. I am surprised judging by the hyperventilating that goes on.

There are way better cleansers than Cleanse and Polish, but without even looking at the “nominees” Cleanse and Polish will win, there’s no way QVC will want to upset their proven money makers.

On the QVC Facebook loads of people complaining about the nominees. Asking why can they not vote for any brand they want as long as it is sold on QVC?

Now, okay I did vote and it is like watching the same episode of a TV show over and over and over. Same products as usual.

I actually think the products and brands are those that pay the most to QVC to get on the channel.

I do not use fake tan so did a bit of tribal voting:wink: Yes, which brand comes from Northern Ireland:mysmilie_50:

I was also perusing FB and at least this survey and the inclusion of Laura Geller has resulted in some posts from Laura, or a minion! They posted about some mega news, people were then disappointed to discover it just referred to the nominations, but then went on to say they were desperate to buy the stuff rather than just vote for it. LG has posted they are not closed for business but streamlining their distribution process and are aware of the shortages which they hope to sort out soon. I THINK I have remembered that correctly! So hopefully, some stock will be in before the show on August 18, unless the show is deferred again.

I completed the voting survey. I was surprised to find I actually use more of the products than previous years. There were some sections I just left blank though.

So.....I did the survey, pressed submit, survey completed.
All OK - thought I’d try on another device, seemed to complete as well.
Strange I though - I’m sure that previously I was told ‘you’ve completed survey once, so thanks and goodbye (paraphrasing)’
I’ve now completed the survey 6 times - choosing various brands, some I’ve never heard of, for shiz’n’giggs, and it says the same message - survey completed
.....what is the point of a survey that can easily be manipulated, I don’t think you even need to be signed in as a customer, let alone a previous purchaser of any of the items ‘someone’ has selected!?!
If it’s that easy - I suggest we all complete it as many times as we can be bothered, and knock the multiple award winners off their smug faced perch!
Oh, and if it changes then at least we know that someone from the Q bubble actually reads this forum.......

I've filled it in 3 times with the cheapest products or the ones I've never heard of,

I've just voted now. Voted for the product that I rate in 2 sections and the others I just went with the ones I had never heard of as I too feel rebellious and think the whole thing is a farce.

I remember watching once and they had model Ali leading the winner along seemingly endless corridors to receive their award.Cringeworthy in the extreme but I don’t watch awards ceremonies even those in a different league to QVC as the acceptance speeches make me curl up into a ball & wish them away.

I just completed it, & then completed it again with a few tweaks, all on the same device!!!

Now we have no doubt that the whole award thing is a load of balls! I think it's totally fixed. For instance, I wonder if Laura Geller will 'win' much less this time, now that the company is struggling? Unless of course the 'awards' fall on a LG TSV day & then the 'award' could be used to boost sales.

Some category nominations are a joke. Newcomers who are not new, even if they've been away and come back [NEOM]...in Shakespeare's words: "Much Ado About Nothing".

Latest posts

Back