QVC Facebook SBC Ingredients Uproar?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh yes the natural. Don't forget Bare Minerals has bismuth, totally natural but also a poison. Oh yes, a man used it to poison someone and was hung in Victorian times. So when you are merrily buffing away you will inhale a certain amount of it.

Bought a` try me` a good few years back because they said it isn`t sticky and sinks right in and it was natural !! Buying into the hype is easily done when you have a problem skin and looking for a `cure` (had what I thought was just dry skin all my life until it was finally diagnosed early last year. It was so bad it was bleeding, got an emergency appointment at the hospital ) I never bothered with skin care because of it apart from the likes of E45 which didn`t solve it until I found QVC...then spent £`s thinking I would eventually find the right one !! :( I found SBC harsh (for me) and quite sticky!! So it was used up on legs and feet
I`d love it if some of the guest presenters who work in beauty using what they present who tell us about their clients being pleased with the results ...they should bring them in for us to see ...better than any of those laughable `before` and after pics we see !!

my mantra is the more problematic you skin the less products you should use. the better you skin is in its natural state the less product you use

I am allergic to the bismuth in a lot of the mineral powder foundations, makes me feel like ants are crawling all over my face and sodium benzoate, which is one of the few preservatives permitted in organic skin care causes the itchiest of rashes, whether ingested, it is often used in diet drinks, or applied to my skin, it is odd though, I've been fine with it on my legs (but I now use EVOO as I read it is really good for legs with poor circulation), but anywhere above my waist and my skin goes red and itches like I've been wearing Shetland wool, however, it hasn't affected my face nor my hands, so far!

I use and swear by the arnica gel as it dampens pain down for me quickly and is a great help while waiting for pain meds to kick in, but haven't had much luck with any others. I wouldn't use any of the gels on my face and am currently using up all but the arnica in conjunction with moisturising body creams.

I posted last year with concern about the alcohol in them as it irritates my skin (plus causes long-term damage according to the reports I've read), and was shot down in flames by quite a few people, so am a bit surprised to see criticisms on this thread.

There is always a hoo has on FB personally I stay away from it now .....so many poo stirrers on there and very clique ....Feel loads lighter since I unfacebooked lol ....:mysmilie_14:

Facebook is fab if used in the right way. Cliques on forums are everywhere! Regardless of what folks say. Facebook is no different.

Facebook is fab if used in the right way. Cliques on forums are everywhere! Regardless of what folks say. Facebook is no different.

It's just not for me ..so many bullies on there ....grown women I have experienced ....people writing to me in tears about quite honestly vicious mouthed people who wouldn't normally have the guts to say things to people's faces that they say on there .....I hate it with a vengeance ...and also the awful pics that can suddenly pop up,infront of you.....I know cliques are everywhere ....I am 52 this year ......its just that face book is an extreme example of bullying unchecked.....anyway ...it's just not for me .....been there ..done it .....shame in cb for sorting it all out too ......

It's just not for me ..so many bullies on there ....grown women I have experienced ....people writing to me in tears about quite honestly vicious mouthed people who wouldn't normally have the guts to say things to people's faces that they say on there .....I hate it with a vengeance ...and also the awful pics that can suddenly pop up,infront of you.....I know cliques are everywhere ....I am 52 this year ......its just that face book is an extreme example of bullying unchecked.....anyway ...it's just not for me .....been there ..done it .....shame in cb for sorting it all out too ......

Shame on FB I mean for Not sorting it out and helping people

Well done May, couldn't agree more, I went of FB at the request of somebody and soon found out that my sister had my nephews following every thing I did, to find out who I was talking to, so got fed up and came off it. Said it many a time, its easy for people to hide behind a keyboard.

Well done May, couldn't agree more, I went of FB at the request of somebody and soon found out that my sister had my nephews following every thing I did, to find out who I was talking to, so got fed up and came off it. Said it many a time, its easy for people to hide behind a keyboard.

So sorry to hear that Whatsgoingon? ...whoa that is not nice at all ...no excuse for that behaviour at all .....:mysmilie_10:

I've had issues with my siblings but it hasn't gone that far .....I will say I've met one life long friend on there and I would. It change that for anything ....a really Lovley person a dear friend now ...but both of us have had shocking experiences of
Blatant nastiness and awful pics suddenly being posted with no warnings... Fb does nothing ....I see Twitter last night at least have owned the fact that there is terrible verbal abuse occurring and they want to sort it out ...let's hope

It's not just the cliques it's the pack mentality that goes with it ........one mans food is another's poision ...to me it is poison ...mostly ...that's my experience....and many others

Latest posts

Back