QVC Fashion - For that 'perfect fit' eh, Ali Keenan?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

barbedwire

Registered Shopper
Was just watching the George Simonton hour while I had a brew and a sit down this afternoon. I heart George, he seems like a lovely, sincere, gentle fella - but I did the most ginormous cackle half way through the show. They went to 'breaktime' (as Debbie Flint calls it;) ) and came back, Ali Keenan was chuckling away with George, turned to camera and said sweetly:

'We were just saying how your clothes fit anyone, no matter what shape or size they are - and that's the beauty of your fashion, George...'

George nodded, smiled and agreed with her.

Ali (who was wearing one of George's blouses in a velvety red colour) smiled back, turned sideways and lo and behold there was a great big, dock off Bulldog Clip pinching the shirt in at the back of her...:mysmilie_34::mysmilie_696: .

For fashion that's a perfect fit - choose Bulldog clips...:mysmilie_17:

Darnit! I too was watching, cup of tea in hand, and failed to notice that! I thought she looked great in the blouse which is something I couldn't wear in a million years with those huge sleeves....

That's what I thought when she came on - how lovely she looked and how gorgeous the blouse was. The fabric/colour looked beautiful. Like I say, was when she turned to the side all was revealed. It was pinched in a good few inches and all fanned out at the back...;)

I have a Simonton cardigan from last clicks for a tenner, which is so soft and warm.
However, I am sz 12 and went for small, but I am sure this cardigan could fit an xl lady. It is huge on me. I kept it as it is good quality and ideal for wearing at home with pj's. I have washed it hundreds of times and still looks like new.

I don't have much of an opinion on the bulldog clip on Alison's blouse, as it's commonplace in catalogues and magazine photoshoots and the like, I expect it these days and accept it as the norm.

I just wanted to say, however, how sweet and lovely I think George is, what a darling, I do hope he's happy in his life.

I don't expect or think it's acceptable especially if the presenter is actively selling it as fitting perfectly.

I don't expect or think it's acceptable especially if the presenter is actively selling it as fitting perfectly.

Totally agree LEL. They are selling what may be a loose fitting blouse as fitted. Even when the darling George goes over to the model and says that she has a size small on but should be wearing an XS we dont get to see the back so cant tell if we are being hoodwinked!!

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukdetail/ViewOptions.aspx?viewOption=watchvideo&item=145606&country=UK

It may have been the wrong size for Alison and that was her way of wearing a garment she liked and making it fit but QVC charge extortionate P&P so they have to be up front and honest.

Not acceptable QVC

Bet

Well, they've removed the Alison Keenan video and we now have Debbie Greenwood's presentation so I'm sure they've been made aware (maybe reading this forum?) that it's been noted and not good for QVC to be caught cheating. At least if they'd left the video up they were being more transparent but now it's another form of deceit...hiding their original boob. Well done cavegirl, what sharp eyes you have :)

I have to say, though, I never believe anything the presenters say as it's all rubbish...according to them I'd suit every colour, every style, everything is good value and everything would fit me and look good. I've never bought any QVC fashion (cough, cough, choke) for that reason...I just don't listen to them but use my eyes. Oh, I tell a lie...I did buy a Beth Tyrell washable suede coat once and I really like it but not because I was persuaded to by the presenter...it was based on my desire to have a suede coat that I could wash.

hope someone has found the idea of listing it on youtube before.
Very cheeky and underhand of QVC BUT what else do we espect???

Hahaha This is hilarious! Fortunately, mum records all of the programmes she might be interested in so she can fast forward the adverts, rubbish and Glen. So that'll be most of the show then! However, she did have this bit still on tape. I can't transfer that to the computer, but I was able to get a still photograph of the screen and you can very clearly see the clip round the back!

For those that didn't see it yet:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/Moth_Wingthane/misc/bulldog.jpg

Hahaha This is hilarious! Fortunately, mum records all of the programmes she might be interested in so she can fast forward the adverts, rubbish and Glen. So that'll be most of the show then! However, she did have this bit still on tape. I can't transfer that to the computer, but I was able to get a still photograph of the screen and you can very clearly see the clip round the back!

Brilliant Moth, thanks for posting that. They wouldn't get away with the mike pack story Apple as the presenters are always apologising for the bulge that it makes, not one has ever said........"Excuse the microphone pack making my clothes fit better"!!

Bet

:mysmilie_687:

Was just watching the George Simonton hour while I had a brew and a sit down this afternoon. I heart George, he seems like a lovely, sincere, gentle fella - but I did the most ginormous cackle half way through the show. They went to 'breaktime' (as Debbie Flint calls it;) ) and came back, Ali Keenan was chuckling away with George, turned to camera and said sweetly:

'We were just saying how your clothes fit anyone, no matter what shape or size they are - and that's the beauty of your fashion, George...'

George nodded, smiled and agreed with her.

Ali (who was wearing one of George's blouses in a velvety red colour) smiled back, turned sideways and lo and behold there was a great big, dock off Bulldog Clip pinching the shirt in at the back of her...:mysmilie_34::mysmilie_696: .

For fashion that's a perfect fit - choose Bulldog clips...:mysmilie_17:

I saw it too! Alison did look lovely in that blouse, the colour and style really suited her. I like GS too but he does look peculiar doesn't he? With his white eye lids and bee-stung lips. Like a tall, male version of Lulu! As to his fashion, I remember the very first show and there were loads of things that I rather liked but now most of the stuff is fussy and a bot news reader ish.

Latest posts

Back