QVC Now Want Password and Not A Pin

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Yes, video up on Facebook explaining it.

So you sign in with a Pin and then taken to a page where you create your password.

Plus a security question. Oh please do not put your Mother's Maiden Name, so easy to find online.

Yes, video up on Facebook explaining it.

So you sign in with a Pin and then taken to a page where you create your password.

Plus a security question. Oh please do not put your Mother's Maiden Name, so easy to find online.

Argh, too late for me. Wish I'd seen your post first Donna!

Thought I was going crackers (no change there then) when I logged on, couldn't fathom it at first but all sorted now.................until they change it again.

Who has ever had there Q account hacked??
They need to make up their minds what they want from us.
I thought that you needed an email address to log on on line.

I saw this last night, but couldn't be bothered with it then. Will probably sort today.

Who has ever had there Q account hacked??
They need to make up their minds what they want from us.
I thought that you needed an email address to log on on line.

Yes you do, plus your pin which is now your password.

So don't forget your pin as you will no doubt need that when phoning up.

it may make it more difficult to order ....how awful!:mysmilie_17:

Every cloud has a silver lining!!

I was just thinking, I could not bother (but I did, d'oh!) creating a password and only use the telephone to place orders.

OOOH, and I had another thought. I reckon they want as many of us as possible to not call their award-winning call centre in Liverpool. That way they can use "queues on the phone, please use other ways of ordering" to try and get panic-buying up. Also, it would mean they could reduce staffing so they're just focusing on new customer account creation (although they promote the heck out of the website for that as well) and save money.

It used to remember my email address, now it doesn't.

So not only do I now have to type in a long email address, but also a long password (that has to contain letters and numbers) just to check my account.

All this instead of just typing a 4 digit number.

Yet another reason not to use QVC any more.

I hope they read this.

I had browser problems yesterday after doing this. I rang QVC this morning and was told that if you phone them you still use your old pin, but if you want to browse or shop online, that's the time you use a password, so only if phoning do you use your pin now apparently. I don't know what this is all about, because I personally think a pin is far better either way, than a password, but she told me they are updating their system.

Personally, I would far rather they updated their website - which is awful since the last change and rehash.

The original PINs that were issued were the last four digits of your landline phone number which probably isn't very secure; I changed mine to a different 4 digits straightaway. QVC, as usual, are trying to catch up with the rest of the online retail world. They had the chance to create a spiffy new site from scratch when the changed it a couple of years back but they ended up with a clunky, buggy site that still can't cope with a user being logged in all day and the customer account pages are still cr@p IMHO.

The new password system is supposed to include numbers so I just kept my pin and added a word in front of it, one I could easily remember.

I'm going to see how long I can hold out not changing my details and not place an order. Be interesting to see how long I can last. TBH there is nothing on the TV guide I'm particularly interested in.

Wish me luck.

The original PINs that were issued were the last four digits of your landline phone number which probably isn't very secure; I changed mine to a different 4 digits straightaway. QVC, as usual, are trying to catch up with the rest of the online retail world. They had the chance to create a spiffy new site from scratch when the changed it a couple of years back but they ended up with a clunky, buggy site that still can't cope with a user being logged in all day and the customer account pages are still cr@p IMHO.

They stopped doing this, my mum was given a pin by them when she first joined, then when I joined I was asked to choose a pin myself.

Latest posts

Back