QVC presenters join Craft

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I hope they don't get bogged down in an endless loop of diecutting gizmos and CD ROMs.

I'm hoping for some variety in the products on offer. Really sick of C&C and they need competition as they've got complacent. As for the presenters I'm not overly bothered - it's the products that interest me first and foremost, although I do have a tendency to switch off if I really can't stand the presenter's style.
Hard sell is a real turn-off in both senses of the word as far as I'm concerned. :mysmilie_10:

Really pleased to see the old guard back on our screens. I note in the release that it is coming live in September from studios in Acton. Is that the old Bid Up place I wonder?

If so is that where Andy Hodgson is currently broadcasting from with his late night roulette/dice shows, could he be joining the Craft Crew too?

I know where that Bid place was as I used to live just down the road! It was a small premises, the size of a shop! I will try and see if I can get a piece in a redtop about this. It would be great to speak to the presenters and find out about their hopes / plans etc.

Have their been any official press releases? Who is masterminding the whole project? I know Paul was instrumental in setting up IW. I'm sure he will be a key player. I would absolutely LOVE to interview Paul. He's one person I have immense respect for. I loved his rather irreverent style. He was witty, funny and very natural. I didn't always care for buying things but I would always tune in to watch for entertainment value.

Last edited:
I know where that Bid place was as I used to live just down the road! It was a small premises, the size of a shop! I will try and see if I can get a piece in a redtop about this. It would be great to speak to the presenters and find out about their hopes / plans etc.

Have their been any official press releases? Who is masterminding the whole project? I know Paul was instrumental in setting up IW. I'm sure he will be a key player. I would absolutely LOVE to interview Paul. He's one person I have immense respect for. I loved his rather irreverent style. He was witty, funny and very natural. I didn't always care for buying things but I would always tune in to watch for entertainment value.

Im still waiting for the one you promised us about a Qvc presenter lol

Im still waiting for the one you promised us about a Qvc presenter lol

So am I. I think they blocked it :( Shame as it was a cracking read and wasn't nasty or anything like that. It was fun. But QVC are very PR-focused.

I wonder what percentage of their revenue comes from crafting and how they feel about the new channel? They will almost certainly decline to comment. I absolutely LOVE the fact that a small-ish startup in nearby Acton is taking on the big boys in posh Chiswick! The interesting thing about this channel is that it is set to feature some famous faces and early indicators look like it is set to be a success.

Have just read that Antony Heywood and Paul Lavers are joining Debbie Greenwood and Julian Ballantyne on the new Channel, that will make interesting viewing!

I like Antony and Julian, but Debbie (goneski) and the very smarmy Paul Lavers are turn offs for me. Just pleased that I am not a crafter...

I'm hoping for some variety in the products on offer. Really sick of C&C and they need competition as they've got complacent. As for the presenters I'm not overly bothered - it's the products that interest me first and foremost, although I do have a tendency to switch off if I really can't stand the presenter's style.
Hard sell is a real turn-off in both senses of the word as far as I'm concerned. :mysmilie_10:

Shades of QVC...?

Shades of QVC...?

Well it would be nice because I bought many of the craft TSVs over the years as they were really good deals........... unlike many of the ones on C&C. The only issue I ever had was the P+P but with a TSV the saving on the item more than compensated.
I got my slice, cinch, cropadile and big bite and they were in some cases half the price C&C are charging.

Last edited:
With Anthony being a keen photographer, I wonder if we'll see any cameras on the new channel? Hope so.

With Anthony being a keen photographer, I wonder if we'll see any cameras on the new channel? Hope so.

I do hope so, I still can't seem to discover if it will be on a freeview channel (or did I miss something?)

I won't be bothered by crafting etc. as I'm just not interested, but I do like photography.

I do hope so, I still can't seem to discover if it will be on a freeview channel (or did I miss something?)

I won't be bothered by crafting etc. as I'm just not interested, but I do like photography.

No announcements have been made as to viewing platforms or start date yet.

This new channel seems really interesting. It will be nice to see some big names all working together again. I don't even like crafting but will be sure to tune in to see how it goes. I will be pleased to see Paul back on screen. He is always interesting and entertaining to watch.

Yes, mid Sept! image.jpg

It'll be interesting as Hochanda also launches in September... and I don't believe they are one and the same, are they?

Different. Hochanda set up by chap who was responsible for original Create and Craft and will launch nationally on Tuesday, September 1, and will be available on Freeview, Sky, FreetSat and IPTV.

Different. Hochanda set up by chap who was responsible for original Create and Craft and will launch nationally on Tuesday, September 1, and will be available on Freeview, Sky, FreetSat and IPTV.

I wonder what Hochanda's line up will be?

Interesting name - I wonder where/how they came up with that.

Latest posts

Back